The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Please Read: Updates/Q's for Beer & Pancake GT

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
That is correct from what they told me. 3 months of the year they do not give the quantity discount due to room demand.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Bob & Steve-

SteveO said:
The reservation is listed under "Fastlane Meetup". The rate is at $159 per night. This rate will reduce slightly if we get 10 rooms. I have blocked out 10 rooms for us but we may not need that many.

Sorry if I misunderstood. Above is SteveO's post about this.

-Russ H.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Yep, that was what I saw on their webpage. When I called to setup the rooms, the deal was different. I did post a correction after that initial statement.

Sorry for the confusion.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
thanks for the clarification, SteveO.

I musta missed your correction (Oh, dopey me . . . ) :)

-Russ H.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Forget the meeting, I say we all go over to my house with a hammer and nails and finish my damn house. Free booze and cuban cigars! :cheers:

PS: Speed for Russ/Steve for taking the bull by the horns!

stiller.jpg

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
lol. Keep in mind MJ that there are a lot of us here that define a fun weekend as helping a friend remodel a kitchen for beer! You throw in some Cubans and I'm sure Russ will be at your door at 8am!

Allthingznew

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 26, 2007
I would like to go, but cannot make the commitment at this time. The challenge right now is my budget. My budget will change, I just don't know when, or if it would be in time to go. How late would it be possible to still go? Up to the last minute or is there a cut off?

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
So are we meeting up mid-morning on the 7th- and are we meeting up at all on the 9th? Meaning, should I get to town on the 6th, and plan on leaving late afternoon on the 9th? I want to soak up every drop of knowledge and time with you guys- so let me know what you're thinking as far as meet up times (formal and informal).

Thanks!

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Question: How long will it take all of you to get from where you live, to the hotel?

If you are driving, I'm guessing you'll be coming in the night before (or coming part way, then driving the rest).

Reason I ask:

If we have enough folks with 3 hr or less flight times and would do a morning flight, we could have the following schedule:

Friday: 2 pm-7pm at the hotel, then dinner. Ideas: Cashflow workshop (similar to Les's REST workshop, but more focused on cashflow strategies and incorporating your own plan into the game play).

Saturday: 9 am-6 pm Presentations, both 15 min ones and the longer SteveO arranged talks

Sunday: 9am to noon (so those that want to fly back on Sunday can do this).

Sunday: afternoon- apartment tours and other fun investment-oriented activities for those that stay. :)

Total time:

Fri: 2pm-7pm
Sat: 9am-6pm (6pm-9pm dinner, 9pm-whenever for the night owls!)
Sun 9am-12pm Wrap up sessions

**********OR**********

Friday-- we can start EARLIER (like 9 or 10am) if everyone flying would get in the night before (Thursday).

Let me know what you want.

-Russ H.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Thanks Russ. I am scheduled to arrive at 1:55 at the airport on Friday. Scheduled to leave 11:20 Monday morning. A Friday afternoon thing is OK by me. I'll get there as soon as I can.

Greg

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Fri: 2pm-7pm
Sat: 9am-6pm (6pm-9pm dinner, 9pm-whenever for the night owls!)
Sun 9am-12pm Wrap up sessions

**********OR**********

Friday-- we can start EARLIER (like 9 or 10am) if everyone flying would get in the night before (Thursday).

Let me know what you want.

-Russ H.

If you guys are thinking of starting earlier on Fri, I'll be there Thurs night. ...Schedule sounds great!

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
Can't wait for this! Really looking forward to it now as it approaches.:banana:

Yves and I have about a 9 hour drive. We'll be there for it all, whatever it takes!

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
wildambitions said:
. . . Yves and I have about a 9 hour drive. We'll be there for it all, whatever it takes!

Thelma: "You said you 'n' me was gonna get out of town and for once just really let our hair down. Well darlin', look out 'cause my hair is comin' down!" (from Thelma & Louise)

Y'all be careful out there, K? ;)

-Russ H.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
added Cactuswren and husband to the list.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Thelma: "You said you 'n' me was gonna get out of town and for once just really let our hair down. Well darlin', look out 'cause my hair is comin' down!" (from Thelma & Louise)

Y'all be careful out there, K? ;)

-Russ H.

...This quote may be dead on as WildAmbitions just got her conceal/carry permit. YeeHaw!

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Well, I booked my flight... I'll be landing in PHX around noon. I will be leaving Monday at 2:00 pm.

Yves, thanks for the heads up, now I know I should not make fun of her during the meetings ;)

DavyB

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Sep 12, 2007
California
Russ, andviv, Steve, or anyone...do you happen to know if our entire block of reserved rooms is taken at this time? Called today to see about reservations and they had nothing under "Olafson" or "Fastlane Meetup." Just wondering what our status is...thanks

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
Russ, andviv, Steve, or anyone...do you happen to know if our entire block of reserved rooms is taken at this time? Called today to see about reservations and they had nothing under "Olafson" or "Fastlane Meetup." Just wondering what our status is...thanks

I know I booked my room outside of the group.
It's the same rate, so there's no big reason to use the group.
Try that, and see if there's availability.

DavyB

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Sep 12, 2007
California
I know I booked my room outside of the group.
It's the same rate, so there's no big reason to use the group.
Try that, and see if there's availability.

I should have said also that I asked about room availability outside the reservation and they said they were booked for nights of March 7 & 8...

ryanpal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 26, 2007
nj
im arriving 10:30am friday and leaving monday around 11am.

i want to book a room. but before i do so, i would be open to splitting a room with someone. drop me a line if any of you are still looking to do this.

also, can anyone confirm what davyb said? this seems to pose a possible problem.

ryan

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
There does seem to be confusion among the people at the hotel. They are showing "fastlane meetup" as the room code, but they are unable to cross reference the code to pull up available rooms.

I just booked my room yesterday and they had availability- however, they made it very clear that they are booking fast and March is a busy month for them.

Legacy Dad

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Sep 3, 2007
Worldwide, depending on the month.
Tried to book my room today and they were all full, when I asked about rooms under "fastlane meetup" they transfered me to an extension for someone named Anita and I had to leave a message.

Does anyone have any updates or insight into the hotel situation?

Lance

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.