The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Beer & Pancakes 2009

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I don't see a reason that we can't set a date. We will locate the meeting room as we did last year. We have a couple of options going right now that are acceptable for March. The last weekend in February is still an option but might be tight for participants.

As Biophase stated, we are looking at the meeting room at the Chaparral Suites today.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
SteveO-

Correct me if I'm wrong, but last year, the conference room we had was not available some weekends.

I know from calling around and talking to the other properties that some of the rooms I was looking at were not available on certain weekends-- they had already been booked well in advance.

This is what I thought we were waiting for?

Are you saying the room we used last year is available any of these weekends?

Sorry to sound so confused. Perhaps I'm missing the point of your post. :smx4:

-Russ H.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
This is a different place.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Bio-

Right. But is this new room available every single weekend for all three days ---Fri, Sat, and Sun--- or are some of those weekends at least partially booked?

That's what I meant. :)

-Russ H.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Days Inn has the meeting room available on Feb 27- Mar 1, and the following two weekends. 10 king bed rooms are available on the first weekend. The following weekends have doubles available. We can book the date and leave a deposit that is refundable up to 30 days prior to the meeting.

So, we can lock in the date and search for alternatives. The Days Inn is holding the dates for us for a couple of days while we determine which weekend we wantl

Feb 27 - Mar 1
Mar 6-8
Mar 13-15

Once we have the deposit down, we can keep looking at alternatives.

Yves, ATW, Biophase and I are evaluating a couple of options.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
Not sure if you're asking for opinions on the dates, but I'll only be in Phoenix until March 8, so the first two would be my preferences.

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
How are the meetings going to be scheduled- all day Fri? all day Sat? morning on Sun?

Just wondering b/c I looked up on priceline a flight + rental car package that came out to $540(for me and the mrs) for a flight leaving on 26th and returning 1st, but doesn't have a set time. On top of that, what's a ballpark for the cost of B&P itself, ~$100/person?

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Plan on all day Fri and Sat, and Sunday until at least 3pm.

We always have folks that schedule earlier flights out and really regret it (just ask them).

SteveO and all-- thanks for securing a meeting room.

I need to know the ballpark costs of the meeting rooms you're looking at (for 3 days) so I can develop an estimated registration cost.

Vr4playa, as soon as I have the meeting room cost, I will post a rundown of anticipated expenses, with a break even of, say, 20 (our break even was 12 people last year).

Looking forward to this. Again, apologies for having such a short fuse. Hopefully my rant/explanation made sense-- it is way frustrating to have work piled on. Not sure what was worse-- taking on all the extra things, or being blamed for the crappy job we did for all those extra things-- yikes! :smx4:

-Russ H.

PS That has happened as well for these get togethers. Not last year, though. Everyone was awesome, and pitched in (or offered to). It was way cool. :)

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Now we need to agree on a date. :cheers:

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Cheapest airfares I found were for:

Feb 27 - Mar 1
Mar 6-8

Slightly higher for:

Mar 13-15

NOTE: This is for 60 day advance fares. Fares less than 60 days often are HIGHER (and, ironically, fares after March 10 are higher, too, b/c it's more popular to travel then). Hotels also cost more the later in the year it is.

60 days from Feb 27 is THIS SATURDAY, December 27, if you want to fly in on Thursday, Feb 26.

60 days from Mar 6 is Saturday, January 3rd.

-Russ H.

PS I gave one day extra in the above dates to allow for booking adjustments (sometimes the airlines change their fares a day early)

-Russ H.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Actually, we ARE asking for preferences.

I'll post a poll.

Poll closes on midnight, Dec 25.

Vote now, if you plan on coming! :)

-Russ H.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
We don't have a lot of time to lock in the dates. Does anyone have an issue with March 6-8?

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Can you give us 4 days, SteveO?

It'd be nice to get feedback from those who plan on coming, but may not check in here every day.

Are they canceling us in 24/48 hrs?

-Russ H.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!