The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Please Help me

gilbert.lee

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Feb 20, 2022
Hi guys! I am Gilbert Lee, living in south korea. Before start, please forgive my poor english. I'm in high school 2nd grade and my life was changed when I read 'the millionaire fastlane '. I determined to be a entrepreneur like MJ DeMarco.
Then, I am agonizing keep study hard to go good college is worth. Korea high school is very hard different from us. I studied very very hard when i was wanted to be a doctor, because I really wanted to be a doctor and the only way to become doctor is go to medical school. But since I "changed", I'm having curiousity about value of going good college with paying my pain during high school. The reason why I should go good college is challenging my self and make more personal connection with good people. But I think this reasons don't motivating me. I am so confusing. Is it okay to "don't pay attention to study"? I want to start business now. Is it okay?
Please help me

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
Hi guys! I am Gilbert Lee, living in south korea. Before start, please forgive my poor english. I'm in high school 2nd grade and my life was changed when I read 'the millionaire fastlane '. I determined to be a entrepreneur like MJ DeMarco.
Then, I am agonizing keep study hard to go good college is worth. Korea high school is very hard different from us. I studied very very hard when i was wanted to be a doctor, because I really wanted to be a doctor and the only way to become doctor is go to medical school. But since I "changed", I'm having curiousity about value of going good college with paying my pain during high school. The reason why I should go good college is challenging my self and make more personal connection with good people. But I think this reasons don't motivating me. I am so confusing. Is it okay to "don't pay attention to study"? I want to start business now. Is it okay?
Please help me
Do you have a business you can start now?

Stay in school, go to college, get your degree and work on a business in your free time.

Janhvi

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Apr 21, 2022
Please help me
We're somewhat on the same page. I'm in middle of studies in dental school. I was excited with fresh spirit when I got in college but as time passes , I found myself more nd more reluctant to satisfaction.
Then I read millionaire fastlane nd little did I know that I've started to connect dots.

Well , I gotta complete what I'm doing. It will help me ofcourse. To interact with patients, knowing their pain , nd finding solutions.

You've opportunity everywhere you go. Realize it nd grab it. :)

Aditya Gunjal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 24, 2021
Maharashtra, India
We're somewhat on the same page. I'm in middle of studies in dental school. I was excited with fresh spirit when I got in college but as time passes , I found myself more nd more reluctant to satisfaction.
Then I read millionaire fastlane nd little did I know that I've started to connect dots.

Well , I gotta complete what I'm doing. It will help me ofcourse. To interact with patients, knowing their pain , nd finding solutions.

You've opportunity everywhere you go. Realize it nd grab it. :)
Hello ma'am
Are you from india?

Aditya Gunjal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 24, 2021
Maharashtra, India
Nice to hear that. I am from india too, Maharashtra (nashik) to be more precise.
I read your name and found it relatable to our language (marathi).

farouqali

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Jun 16, 2021
Please help me
Hey Gilbert Lee,
Try and appreciate life stages and process as it takes you along there's a lesson on everything...it might be hard just to study for something but it's more hard and stressful running a business if it doesn't meet the CENTS principles...enjoy every moment you go through as in high school then when you are done with school and studies... choose a path...only after you have learned how to make your own money...then am sure you will be ready to start an entrepreneur journey. Best wishes!

gilbert.lee

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Feb 20, 2022
Hey Gilbert Lee,
Try and appreciate life stages and process as it takes you along there's a lesson on everything...it might be hard just to study for something but it's more hard and stressful running a business if it doesn't meet the CENTS principles...enjoy every moment you go through as in high school then when you are done with school and studies... choose a path...only after you have learned how to make your own money...then am sure you will be ready to start an entrepreneur journey. Best wishes!
Thank you so much

peddletothemetal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Apr 5, 2021
Please help me
Start a business how? You don't know anything at your age. DeMarco drove limousines for many years before he started his limousine business.

Doctor is a good profession. It's well known that banks love lending to doctors, and it's a respected and powerful profession. If you had a passion for it, you should continue. Healtcare is an excellent and growing business (due to the aging population), and doctors are especially well placed to exploit the business. The sector is massively funded and its only increasing.

Becoming a doctor opens up plenty of business opportunities in the future - you don't have to stay an employee doctor your whole life.

And steer clear of websites. There's no moat. Anyone anywhere in the world can crap out code and put it online. This has been the biggest reason, despite being considered especially competent, that my income has been limited versus my peers in accounting, law, and medicine. Those professions don't have to compete with offshore to any meaningful extent. They have a solid price bottom, where IT has none, and it's a quite force in the background that constantly forces you up (try and get into FAANG) or out (attempt a startup or other business targeting a non-IT vertical).

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Please help me
Welcome.

If you do a search you'll find a lot of threads about staying/dropping out of school or college.

Here's one I found:

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
It depends on how much the college costs, if you are going to learn there any skills that are relevant to your future business, and how much money can you make after getting a degree (to finance your future ventures).

You're still very young and time is on your side.
I would start an online business as soon as possible, while studying very hard in school. Not necessarily for getting good grades, but for developing discipline, work ethic and the ability to learn quickly and effectively. Those skills will pay off in the long run.

Also, master English and Math, and do some computer programming.

gilbert.lee

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Feb 20, 2022
Start a business how? You don't know anything at your age. DeMarco drove limousines for many years before he started his limousine business.

Doctor is a good profession. It's well known that banks love lending to doctors, and it's a respected and powerful profession. If you had a passion for it, you should continue. Healtcare is an excellent and growing business (due to the aging population), and doctors are especially well placed to exploit the business. The sector is massively funded and its only increasing.

Becoming a doctor opens up plenty of business opportunities in the future - you don't have to stay an employee doctor your whole life.

And steer clear of websites. There's no moat. Anyone anywhere in the world can crap out code and put it online. This has been the biggest reason, despite being considered especially competent, that my income has been limited versus my peers in accounting, law, and medicine. Those professions don't have to compete with offshore to any meaningful extent. They have a solid price bottom, where IT has none, and it's a quite force in the background that constantly forces you up (try and get into FAANG) or out (attempt a startup or other business targeting a non-IT vertical).
thank you for practical advice

gilbert.lee

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Feb 20, 2022
It depends on how much the college costs, if you are going to learn there any skills that are relevant to your future business, and how much money can you make after getting a degree (to finance your future ventures).

I would start an online business as soon as possible, while studying very hard in school. Not necessarily for getting good grades, but for developing discipline, work ethic and the ability to learn quickly and effectively. Those skills will pay off in the long run.

thank you for good advice:)

Albert KOUADJA

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Mar 13, 2022
Please help me
Welcome first.

I was in the same situation as you or I would say that I am in the same situation as you.

Now I want to build my own fastlane business after reading several books about entrepreneurship in general and MJ the fastlane millionaire in particular.

.but I don't think I'll go back to university anymore to waste my meager savings that I earned through my own sweat (through dirty work as a mansory helper, well digger). .it allowed me to pay my bills and the contribution costs of my little brothers as well as mine. Before going to university, I mechanically did the fields of corn, cotton, and other crops (since the age of 12 years) to pay my contribution and feed my family. .I worked too hard during this time, until I realized that it was not the best way to work. It's my first activity in the field but it's not a fastlane route. .before it becomes a fastlane, it takes a lot of funding, here in our country, I can't get these kinds of funding. I always do the fields during the holidays but it doesn't give too much, for lack of a big investment.

.in short, I prefer to stay on the voice of entrepreneurship by trying to win than to return to spend my poor money at university. And take even more fifty to get a college degree that doesn't guarantee a job or a good better. .in the course that I did for example, the best students who manage to get out of it quickly with a bachelor's degree take at least 4 years, whereas the number of years for the is 3 years. So the rest is 4, 5, 6, 6 or even 10 years before obtaining a diploma. .in this university, out of 10/1000 students manage to obtain a license (first university degree) each year.
So I'm going to base myself on these facts to give you advice,

.The advice I can share with you is to focus on building a business, if you alone pay your school fees, bills and such. .but if your parents are paying for everything, continue to study at university, of course if you understand your course and are ready to concentrate seriously. And while studying, you have to be learning about how to build a fastlane business. .well it's advice from someone who does not depend on these parents financially, I am alone, I live in a city far from my parents. So I have enough decision-making authority now. .Before, I didn't want to tell my parents that I want to leave university to do entrepreneurship. for fear of their reaction despite the fact that they were the ones who paid my school fees. Now I have declared myself and I have only one option: to succeed in entrepreneurship.
.I was responsible but on making big decisions I was. With MJ's book, I start by becoming fully responsible for the decisions, ready to bear the consequences of every decision. .
I hope you will understand my message well, currently I have a little editorial problem, but I'm working on it..

Last edited:

Happyheart

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Dec 11, 2020
Hi, I am a doctor and would recommend you consider the following:

1. being a doctor is a surefire way to always have a back-up option, with a very comfortable salary.
2. gaining expertise in a certain area may expand the range of business opportunities you can pursue
3. the question of funding, yes you will have ample opportunities as a serious MD
4. education will typically take 6 years and up to 12+ years if you specialize in a subject
5. you can open clinics and have people work for you
6. you will open doors that will be closed to others because doctors are held in high regard and are trusted more than people from other professions
7. it will take some time anyway to get expertise in a subject and to get running, typically

You have to do your own calculations, but when you finish your studies, you will still be 26 or so.

Last edited:

Albert KOUADJA

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Mar 13, 2022
Bonjour, je suis médecin et je vous recommande de considérer ce qui suit :

1. être médecin est un moyen infaillible d'avoir toujours une option de secours, avec un salaire très confortable.
2. acquérir une expertise dans un certain domaine peut élargir la gamme d'opportunités commerciales que vous pouvez poursuivre
3. la question du financement, oui vous aurez de nombreuses opportunités en tant que MD sérieux
4. l'éducation prendra généralement 6 ans et jusqu'à 12 ans et plus si vous vous spécialisez dans un sujet
5. vous pouvez ouvrir des cliniques et faire travailler des gens pour vous
6. vous ouvrirez des portes qui seront fermées aux autres parce que les médecins sont tenus en haute estime et qu'on leur fait plus confiance que les personnes d'autres professions
7. il faudra de toute façon un certain temps pour acquérir une expertise dans un sujet et se lancer, généralement
Vous devez faire vos propres calculs, mais lorsque vous aurez terminé vos études, vous aurez encore 26 ans environ.

Hi, I am a doctor and would recommend you consider the following:

1. being a doctor is a surefire way to always have a back-up option, with a very comfortable salary.
2. gaining expertise in a certain area may expand the range of business opportunities you can pursue
3. the question of funding, yes you will have ample opportunities as a serious MD
4. education will typically take 6 years and up to 12+ years if you specialize in a subject
5. you can open clinics and have people work for you
6. you will open doors that will be closed to others because doctors are held in high regard and are trusted more than people from other professions
7. it will take some time anyway to get expertise in a subject and to get running, typically

You have to do your own calculations, but when you finish your studies, you will still be 26 or so.
ok your recommendations are really better. and I understand them well. To develop expertise in medicine, you need a big investment. .medical schools are the most expensive in our country because at least when you leave these schools with a skill, you will have a better chance of being hired, if possible creating your own business.

.but me, I can't afford that, given my financial means and my age, I'm currently 25 years old. ..

Happyheart

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Dec 11, 2020
I did not suggest that everyone should study medicine to get into the fastlane business. The beauty of it is, that there are many ways to the top. Why don‘t you start your own thread and tell about your plans for the future.

Coexi

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 8, 2022
Philippines

Could’ve been bad if you didn’t change my views on school, many thanks!

Move the chains

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Dec 15, 2019
Please help me
Is there a benefit financially or a reason you have to go to college right out of high school? I know many countries preach that a college degree is necessary if you don't want to struggle career-wise. That way of thinking doesn't apply to entrepreneurs (I studied business and can't recall anything from it that applies in my real world experience so far).

You have time to launch a business now and figure things out before you have to make a decision. As for medical school even being an option, go talk to some people who work in the profession and ask them about the lifestyle and figure out if it's really what you want. I know a few people in the medical field over here (US) who are desperately building their own business to escape the crazy hours involved while still trying to pay off their student loans.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.