The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Phone Service or Voip?

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012
I don't want to use my personal telephone number for my business and so I want to get a new service. I'm curious as to whether I should use something like grasshopper.com or one of the voip services? I'm looking for reliability and affordability. Thank you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Are you looking for a 1800 number or a local number?

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
See if you can get an 800 number through google voice, then you can make and receive calls on your cell from your business number.

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012
See if you can get an 800 number through google voice, then you can make and receive calls on your cell from your business number.

Apparently I can only get local numbers from Google Voice which is kind of frustrating. Any other recommendations?

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I was going to say GV for a local number. I used phone.com for a while, they would forward calls to your cell if you wanted. Cheap too. They do offer 1800 877 866. You can also receive faxes to your number.

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012
I was going to say GV for a local number. I used phone.com for a while, they would forward calls to your cell if you wanted. Cheap too.

So you wouldn't recommend using grasshopper or a voip service like ringcentral? If I forwarded to my phone I'd have to get unlimited calling.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
749%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Test your call quality with any VOIP application. Some of them sound really tinny, you don't want anything irritating your callers.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
So you wouldn't recommend using grasshopper or a voip service like ringcentral? If I forwarded to my phone I'd have to get unlimited calling.

I don't know what your specific purposes are, but why in hell don't you have unlimited calling? You will never call out with it anyway.

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
I use IfByPhone personally. You can setup your own IVR's and routing along with call scheduling and a ton of other options. I think their plans start out at $50 per month, supplying you with a few toll-free's and local numbers to go along with them. To be honest there are a ton of other options out there like Callfire and Onebox which would probably more suited to your type of application. You really just need to search around and find the right service to fit your budget and specific requirements.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.