The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Palcin's Journey to the Fastlane

Palcin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 13, 2022
Good day everyone,

I'm Palcin and I am 24 years old, a lifetime slowlaner, an ultra positive and a naive type of person. I am from Canada where they use french as a primary language. I have a degree in business admnistration with a concentration in managing human ressources. If I compare to my peer whom I grew up with, I'd say I'm in the top 10% of income, health, fitness achievements and etc. Does it make my happy? Not really, I feel trapped and I know that I am not where I want to be in life as I'm writing this paragraph. One thing is sure: I'll DIE with regrets and unhapinnes if it keeps going.

TLDR; F*ck this. F*ck my corporate life. F*ck the Slowlane. I'm putting on my blinkers and switching lanes and I hope you do the same without feeling insane.

Situation:

I am new to this forum and signed in yesterday. I don't feel like anybody in my entourage will encourage me hence why this thread is there: to document my journey but also hold me accountable and committed to the Fastlane. When I will be in a rut, I want to journal my progress here to take a step back and analyse what I did good and wrong to eventually build back momentum.

Quick Backstory:

I've read the book The Millionaire Fastlane about a month ago in my 2 weeks vacation between my summer full time employment as a weekend warrior and my next first good level entry corporate job. And boy I must tell you, this book tiny seeds are totally devastating my patience for my jobs as well as my vision of the world. Right now, I'm currently near the middle of the book Unscripted . As of today, I am purely on the slowlane: I have a corporate job, a part time job as a weekend warrior and a potential 3rd job on contract. I can ''make it'' in life just by juggling these 3 jobs all my life and saving as much as I can with the lifestyle I live... But I feel like an Non playable character (NPC). I have possessions: I bought a condo in the vacation period I just mentioned, I bought a Tesla M3 Long Range back in March, I have furniture and electronics. All of this from the Slowlane with the help of an overseas deployment and of course lended money from banks. Still, I feel like an NPC. My father is a successful slowlaner and literally everyone else I know is either a slowlaner or a sidewalker. I am acting like those around me but that's not how I want to live. I wake up do my morning routine, hit the gym, do my 8 hour shift and head back home. I don't want to be and feel like an NPC.

The Facts and my Haunting Questions

I don't feel like I can give my full gift to the world enslaved in my gray cubicle 8 till 4 (9 to 5). I have a voice, a thought, in my head (I'm pretty sure it's from my gut), that whispers exactly this: You can offer more value than this, You are worth more than this wage fence. I am a rat in a race, a Wojak in a cage. My female boss keeps breathing in my neck like in school days. They are going to implement hours surveillance system. They are going full micromanage mode. The job is quit repetitive and boring: give 5 to 7 differents online virtual courses to new employees that your never going to see again over a period of less than 1 week, repeat week after week. I can't give all my potential because this work won't push me to my full extent and capabilities. Regret will kick in as soon as I realise I've wasted my time. The only moment I have fun is when I can chat with collegues over Webex/Ms Teams since we are physically distant from each other. I finish my days deprived of my good mood. Also, I work to make someone else rich (WTF!). I can barely see the sun in my typical day, imagine in Winter... F*ck THIS and F*ck THAT. I'll finish depressed if it continues like that. I can't believe I'll do this for the rest of my life.
  • Is this my Quarterlife crisis? (The Srcipt says it's normal... BULLSHIT!)
  • Am I selfish for desiring to give more? Am I blinded by my ego when I feel shameful about my untapped potential?
  • What if I worked on my own path? Will the process lead me to success and happiness?
  • What if I dedicate my 8 hour shift for my own growth? Will I retrieve my creativity?
  • Could I hold the helm of my life for once?
  • Will I be able to bring forth more value into the world?
So what now?

From this journaling I discovered that I need to take action to move toward the Fastlane. Here's what I have to do:
  1. Find out my Why(s) and my purpose by medidating, journaling and understanding myself.
    1. Fix my goals from my whys. Fix the steps from my goals. Fix the baby steps from my steps. Obsess over my goals.
  2. Quit my full time corporate job. I've already booked my remaining 5 vacation days from my corporate job and then I'm leaving this job on the 03 October 2022. I now need to write my official letter of resignation from this job.
  3. Test my random business ideas via a document one of you guys shared in the thread named The Great way of Testing any Idea (here's the link to download the google doc version) and explore an idea until the echo.
  4. Maintain or diminish my lifestyle since it was based off me shuffling at least 2 jobs. My financial decisions with my condo and my car forces me to work like a slave. It makes me chained to the system. Worst decision I've ever made, and only The Millionaire Fastlane made me realise it. Thankfully I have financial options:
    1. Sell my Tesla M3 and buy a crappy car;
    2. Lend my Tesla M3 and buy a crappy car;
    3. Lend my spare chamber in my condo;
    4. Keep my part time job as a weekend warrior;
    5. Keep my 3rd job on contract (if it works);
    6. Live off cash in my bank account until the very end.
Fear

I shit you not, if you think I'm all confident and mighty, I'm not. I'm fearing posting this thread. I'm fearing becoming Unscripted . I'm fearing the reaction of my family, especially my father whom I have enormous respect. I'm fearing my closest friends reaction when I'll tell them I am an entrepreneur as of 03 october 2022. I'm fearing the fact to be alone in this advendture even though adventures always brings the best out of me. I'm fearing your reaction of this thread. I'm fearing my boss and my collegues reaction when I'll tell them I'm not happy and moving on. I'm fearing my mind and my gut that keeps hinting me to do give my gift to the world, to bring forth more value than there already are. I'm fearing calling bankruptcy from leaving my corporate life behind.
But the biggest fear of them all is that I fear that I will die unhappy without any legacy to leave behind. I believe I can make the world a better place and that is enough to make me start acting.

Conclusion

I'm eager to start my new journey. I'm even more eager to meet people with the same mindset has me. I'm eager to receive my first feedback loop in this journey or even my future echos. I'm saying aurevoir to the Slowlane and saying bonjour to the Fastlane. I'm grateful I build quite a good level of discipline in finances, fitness and diet in my life already. Perhaps it will at a minimum transfer to my business life. I'm gratefull I don't play video games anymore and that I don't even have a Netflix account. I'm gratefull I love learning, reading and becoming a better human beign every day. Maybe all of this will help me make my process a success. In fact I have no other choice, get on the Fastlane or die unhappy and purposeless. If you somehow relate to this message, feel inspired or moved, know that I'm grateful for your attention and that I wish you the best of luck in your own process.

Peace out!

- Palcin

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Palcin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 13, 2022
I'm 25 and exactly in the same position as you. I'd rather die than be a slowlaner all my life. Good luck!
Fun fact, I've had my birthday this week. I'm now 25 too.

Here's the last actions that I did:
  1. I defined my hell;
  2. I found my Whys and my purpose;
  3. I wrote my resignation letter and is scheduled to be sent tomorrow;
  4. I've done 2 contracts from my 3rd job;
  5. I kept working in my weekend warrior job;
  6. I found my replacement car;
  7. I've finished reading Unscripted today.
My Hell
My hell was lowkey indicated in my last post. My hell is defined by me dying unhappy with regrets, withouth any legacy and without making the world a better place. It is me not using and discovering my full potential as a human beign. It is me caught up in the rat race and denying attention to my future kids and wife. It is me not being free from my time, chained to it like a slave. It is me beign a corporate for 1 more minute.

My Whys and my Purpose
Yeah, I don't have any touching whys or purpose like freeing my mother from poverty or escaping poverty myself. Still here they are. My purpose is the following, I am not happy for what my life has become. If I go back in time and told my 7 years old self that I would work in a cubicle for the rest of my life, I would have probably attacked my future self and start crying out of anger and frustration of this undeniable truth. The funny thing is, it's not undeniable and I've built up myself for this. Guess what, it's time to underdate different choices to become a process and value driven entrepreneur. Here are my whys:
  • I want freedom of time and of choice;
  • I want financial freedom as early as I can;
  • I want to prove my entourage that me, an average person, can become a succesful entrepreneur;
  • I don't want to be like my entourage;
  • I want a Tesla model S paid cash;
  • I want to do the the hardest stuff in my life which is, in my sight, a sucessful business;
  • I want to give my greatest gift to the world.
My replacement car
I have to confirm my intention of buying the car, put my own car on sale so I can lower my lifestyle. Sacrificing comfort for a lifetime prosperity and not mediocrity.

Conclusion
After posting this message, I will need to recreate a productive routine and schedule focused around my business adventure since technically, I'm an entrepreneur as of my last worked day which is today. If I don't feel my typical 9 to 5 void, I will fall into the void without commitment. I will also do a plan in where I see myself in 10, 5 and 1 year while also extrapolate to what I have to do in 1 month, 1 week and 1 day to achieve such plan. Luckily (Wait what, I meant I've increased my probability of course), I've started tuning up to the frequency of the fastlane by seeing opportunities of creating value. Fun fact, just by watching a friend cook yesterday, I had a businness idea to help that person. I need to test my ideas and see if CENTS framework apply and then research to make things concrete.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...