The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

overwhelmed with info...

moolamaker

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 9, 2007
:thankyousign:Hi all, I have been sitting back and visiting this forum everyday since I found it! It's addictive! In 2 weeks I will be attending the rich dad academy...I have read many books and also have been looking at foreclosure listings, rental prices in my area, fsbo etc. I am overwhelmed and just wish I could zoom in and take action. I have a little each month left over and want to put it to good use as in real estate in the near future when I have enough. I guess I am very green in all this, frustration is actually driving me if that makes sense! Just needed to vent...thank you for all the wealth of info that everyone has provided on this board!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Welcome! It can be very overwhelming at first. Just stay positive and know that everything worthwhile requires you to overcome obstacles to get there.

CRBFL

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 9, 2007
Don't be so eager to make a move that you make one carelessly just for the sake of action. Just study, digest, and absorb a little at a time.

moolamaker

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 9, 2007
yes! study digest absorb...study digest absorb oh my goodness, that is all I do...thank you for all your responses! I just finished watching Th Big Idea with Donny Deustch...great show, it really motivates me! Diddy was on today...

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Moola -

It seems as if you are asking for guidance on how to focus.

A direction and a plan are to real estate investing as a sail is to a boat. Without one you risk aimlessly following the current, usually ending back upon the very shore you left.

Small_sailboat_30_feet_sailing_in_the_rough_windy_Aegean_Sea.jpg

Ask yourself:

What is it that I want to accomplish?

What are my goals?

What area of real estate investing will allow me to accomplish my goals in the least amount of time possible, and is most realistic for me, considering my current situation?

It may be birddoging, wholesaling, assigning contracts, flipping, or another area of investing. The great thing about real estate investing is that there are dozens of ways to break into this business. But it all begins with having a gradual plan and a course of action. This is what you'll need to discover and choose.

And this is where you will need to focus your learning. Begin studing all you can about the SPECIFIC AREA of investing that you choose; focus on creating a plan for this area. Take action. Revise your plan as necessary. Continue to learn. Begin with the end in mind.

This should help set your first sail...

reipro

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Sep 27, 2007
Lincoln, NE
Don't be so eager to make a move that you make one carelessly just for the sake of action. Just study, digest, and absorb a little at a time.

I have to disagree with this response. A mistake is not a mistake if you learn from it. Please go your due dillegence then once you have decided it is a good deal PULL THE TRIGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you will not or can not please give me the address and I will if it is a good deal.:hurray:

kidgas

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 25, 2007
Indiana
I agree with reipro. There comes a time when you just gotta go out and get your hands dirty. You can't possibly know everything or be prepared for everything prior to taking action. Experience is a great teacher.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.