• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Atomic Habits by James Clear

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Atomic Habits, by James Clear (Review | Discuss)

Real Estate overwhelmed with info...

Discussion in 'Real Estate Investing' started by moolamaker, Oct 24, 2007.

1. moolamaker

moolamaker PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $34
    :thankyousign:Hi all, I have been sitting back and visiting this forum everyday since I found it! It's addictive! In 2 weeks I will be attending the rich dad academy...I have read many books and also have been looking at foreclosure listings, rental prices in my area, fsbo etc. I am overwhelmed and just wish I could zoom in and take action. I have a little each month left over and want to put it to good use as in real estate in the near future when I have enough. I guess I am very green in all this, frustration is actually driving me if that makes sense! Just needed to vent...thank you for all the wealth of info that everyone has provided on this board!

2. Yankees338

Yankees338 Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $178
    Welcome! It can be very overwhelming at first. Just stay positive and know that everything worthwhile requires you to overcome obstacles to get there.

3. CRBFL

CRBFL New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $47
    Don't be so eager to make a move that you make one carelessly just for the sake of action. Just study, digest, and absorb a little at a time.

4. moolamaker

moolamaker PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $34
    yes! study digest absorb...study digest absorb oh my goodness, that is all I do...thank you for all your responses! I just finished watching Th Big Idea with Donny Deustch...great show, it really motivates me! Diddy was on today...

5. kwerner

kwerner Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $292
    Moola -

It seems as if you are asking for guidance on how to focus.

A direction and a plan are to real estate investing as a sail is to a boat. Without one you risk aimlessly following the current, usually ending back upon the very shore you left.

[​IMG]

Ask yourself:

What is it that I want to accomplish?

What are my goals?

What area of real estate investing will allow me to accomplish my goals in the least amount of time possible, and is most realistic for me, considering my current situation?

It may be birddoging, wholesaling, assigning contracts, flipping, or another area of investing. The great thing about real estate investing is that there are dozens of ways to break into this business. But it all begins with having a gradual plan and a course of action. This is what you'll need to discover and choose.

And this is where you will need to focus your learning. Begin studing all you can about the SPECIFIC AREA of investing that you choose; focus on creating a plan for this area. Take action. Revise your plan as necessary. Continue to learn. Begin with the end in mind.

This should help set your first sail...

6. reipro

reipro Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $71
    I have to disagree with this response. A mistake is not a mistake if you learn from it. Please go your due dillegence then once you have decided it is a good deal PULL THE TRIGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you will not or can not please give me the address and I will if it is a good deal.:hurray:

7. kidgas

kidgas Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $58
    I agree with reipro. There comes a time when you just gotta go out and get your hands dirty. You can't possibly know everything or be prepared for everything prior to taking action. Experience is a great teacher.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.