The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Outsourcing ?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Charlesp

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Sep 23, 2012
Have any of you guys had real successful with it? I'm opening a website and I am thinking about hiring VA on www.onlinejobs.ph. Have anyone tried this website? I'm thinking about fully outsourcing every project from SEO to the whole website design and even marketing, and I will just manage it and make sure everything goes as planned.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jacob

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Nov 21, 2011
Hi Charles,

There are good and affordable virtual assistant you could hire on onlinejobs.ph. I hired one of my virtual assistant there. However, in order to hire the right one for the job you must test them first. This way you could see their potential to do job. Recently I come across to a freelancing site Staff.com. It allows you to conduct interview or have a 10 hours trial before you hire the freelancer. Check out https://www.staff.com/skill/virtual_assistant for list of virtual assistant that you could hire. Another good thing to do is ask for referral from their past clients.

Last edited:

mags

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Oct 18, 2011
Got to recommend Staff.com too. Was able to hire a few good full time remote workers from them!

Lewis187

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 18, 2012
UK
Charlesp - I have only used Odesk in the past (twice last week) and have found it to be;

1) Great for price
2) Easy to navigate/hire/fire/pay/track etc
3) Pretty easy to review all job applicants and push them through interview stage

Like all of these sites, the initial time spent finding a suitable candidate is well worth the effort as you can (as I have) be stung by hiring someone who simply cannot get the job done.

Whats more with most of these sites you can choose what to pay and when, so I simply paid a portion for what was completed and sacked him :D

I found when posting a job it helped to look for current/complete jobs to get a gist for how the job spec was written, how many applicants and also the average 'bid' price for the job from the contractors. This will give you an idea of what to write an how much to budget.

TOP TIP - In your job posting usually near the end I put the following lines;

"please apply for this job starting with the word "INSERT YOU OWN WORD HERE"..."

I usually use an obsure work you wouldn't find in a job application, such as "Carrot", "Tiger" etc. This helps to weed out MANY applications from people who don't read your job spec and apply to jobs on mass. You simply just hide these people as the idea is, if they can't follow a simply instruction how can they work well for you?

Hope this helps?

(disclaimer - i am not an affiliate of odesk just a happy customer)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Intensity

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Nov 23, 2012
Australia
Can anyone help point me to which of those sites, or any other sites, I can source full time graphics designers affordably?

andyredsox

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Oct 24, 2012
I have used onlinejobs.ph, bestjobs.ph, odesk.com, and elance.com.

I have pretty good assistants from that sites so I can recommend them to you. But to make sure they are who you are looking for, be very specific in asking questions. Don't just hire in one go.

Conduct interviews with a handful of applicants before deciding to hire the ONE.

It may take time but it will surely save you from the headache of hiring the wrong assistant.

critprod45ss

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 30, 2013
Yes this is possible. You go odesk. getafreelancer or elance and will get some good team of seo and developer. They can handle full job of you and will run the project with your plan.. This is easy now. So don't worry.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.