The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Has MJs thoughts changed on outsourcing?

The business of web design
G

Guest52539

Hi, I am curious to know, reading fastlane millionaire multiple times has really helped me to understand what I should be doing and thinking like in business, theres some really excellent points which totally makes sense, about creating something big enough that will work for me and that I can be in control over my own income by either increasing the price or getting more people to buy so theres no cap really, but I do have a question about outsourcing, when i say outsourcing im not talking about the whole business but just some parts i may be struggling with, I also dont think thats the answer to dodging or avoiding things I need to learn to learn, but when I read Millionaire fastlane it said that MJ doesnt recommend to outsource, but it also says that his views could change in years to come which is of course a possibility as you grow and learn.

So my question is, I was wondering what MJ thinks about outsourcing now, and what are peoples views on outsourcing?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
386%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
I mean this in the kindest way possible, but you must outsource your writing to Grammarly. I had severe trouble reading this. Half of it doesn't even make sense, and I screwed up my face re-reading this multiple times.

I'd say learn it yourself first, then once you understand the systems, you give the dull tasks for others to do.

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Nov 21, 2016
It comes down to the cost/benefit of outsourcing. You should be striving to be a customer focused business so if outsourcing would dramatically reduce the value you provide to your customers, then you should avoid it as much as possible. If outsourcing would have marginal impact on your customers' experience but it freed up your time to work on more important things or significantly increased your profit margins, then you should strongly consider it.

Absolutes are for math theorems. The rest are for you to evaluate on a case by case basis using simple mathematics as your guide.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I wasn't aware I had a take on "outsourcing" so there is really nothing to change.

I said in TMF , that you cannot outsource the journey to success.

So I'm guessing you're misinterpreting some type of edgy take, when there isn't one.

Outsourcing certain thankless tasks in business?

Sure you can do that.

fridge

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jun 4, 2020
USA
Hi, I am curious to know, reading fastlane millionaire multiple times has really helped me to understand what I should be doing and thinking like in business, theres some really excellent points which totally makes sense, about creating something big enough that will work for me and that I can be in control over my own income by either increasing the price or getting more people to buy so theres no cap really, but I do have a question about outsourcing, when i say outsourcing im not talking about the whole business but just some parts i may be struggling with, I also dont think thats the answer to dodging or avoiding things I need to learn to learn, but when I read Millionaire fastlane it said that MJ doesnt recommend to outsource, but it also says that his views could change in years to come which is of course a possibility as you grow and learn.

So my question is, I was wondering what MJ thinks about outsourcing now, and what are peoples views on outsourcing?
As MJ said above, I can't re-call a time in any of his books when he mentions outsourcing is bad. Do you have a specific page(s) you're referencing? I believe in the Fastlane book MJ mentions the time value of money as well, so if your time is worth $100/hour you shouldn't be doing $5-$20/hr tasks.

The only way to get those done (tasks below your "pay grade") would be to outsource them to someone else such as an employee, contractor or freelancer.

G

Guest52539

I mean this in the kindest way possible, but you must outsource your writing to Grammarly. I had severe trouble reading this. Half of it doesn't even make sense, and I screwed up my face re-reading this multiple times.

I'd say learn it yourself first, then once you understand the systems, you give the dull tasks for others to do.

Hey! Appreciate your feedback bro but this isn’t an essay or a formal presentation, it’s a thread, if you don’t understand it don’t waste your time, sorry not sorry…

I don’t see what you didn’t understand in what I wrote. “Learn it yourself first?” Learn what?? What are you talking about?

No you’re not trying to be kind you’re trying to be arrogant and obnoxious, but like I said appreciate the feedback, but you’re not someone I would personally take advice from, thanks!

G

Guest52539

As MJ said above, I can't re-call a time in any of his books when he mentions outsourcing is bad. Do you have a specific page(s) you're referencing? I believe in the Fastlane book MJ mentions the time value of money as well, so if your time is worth $100/hour you shouldn't be doing $5-$20/hr tasks.

The only way to get those done (tasks below your "pay grade") would be to outsource them to someone else such as an employee, contractor or freelancer.
No I don’t remember the specific page, I didn’t say he said it was “bad” but there is one place where he said he doesn’t recommend outsourcing so I just wondered what he meant exactly by that, maybe not that he doesn’t recommend at all but maybe there’s a way to do it.

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
386%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Hey! Appreciate your feedback bro but this isn’t an essay or a formal presentation, it’s a thread, if you don’t understand it don’t waste your time, sorry not sorry…

I don’t see what you didn’t understand in what I wrote. “Learn it yourself first?” Learn what?? What are you talking about?

No you’re not trying to be kind you’re trying to be arrogant and obnoxious, but like I said appreciate the feedback, but you’re not someone I would personally take advice from, thanks!
I didn't mean to upset you, but I'm glad that this response is legible.

G

Guest52539

I didn't mean to upset you, but I'm glad that this response is legible.
Oh you didn’t upset me! I’m still building my empire I just see someone, (who looks about 12 years old) who’s on this forum not genuinely interested in helping others rather just looking for attention tryna be smart a$$… But good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Guest52539

chapter 3: Process cannot be outsourced, what are your thoughts on what he means by that?? i would like to know, thanks, maybe ive misinterpreted what that means, or maybe people have a different understanding of what that means, that the process cannot be outsourced.

yeah thats a very interesting point about the time and value of money.

G

Guest52539

I wasn't aware I had a take on "outsourcing" so there is really nothing to change.

I said in TMF , that you cannot outsource the journey to success.

So I'm guessing you're misinterpreting some type of edgy take, when there isn't one.

Outsourcing certain thankless tasks in business?

Sure you can do that.
thank you so much for clarifying that.

G

Guest52539

It comes down to the cost/benefit of outsourcing. You should be striving to be a customer focused business so if outsourcing would dramatically reduce the value you provide to your customers, then you should avoid it as much as possible. If outsourcing would have marginal impact on your customers' experience but it freed up your time to work on more important things or significantly increased your profit margins, then you should strongly consider it.

Absolutes are for math theorems. The rest are for you to evaluate on a case by case basis using simple mathematics as your guide.
totally, that makes total sense, thank you

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Nov 21, 2016
totally, that makes total sense, thank you
I'm glad you found value in my response, however the disrespect you are showing in this thread is not only off-putting but completely unprofessional. Imagine if a potential client or customer saw this thread: would he or she want to do business with you? I wouldn't.

Your empire is going to be proportional to your ability to communicate clearly and respectfully. If your ego is so fragile that you lash out and make personal attacks at someone who kindly suggested an area of improvement, then how are you going to handle mean-spirited (but valuable) responses from customers? Treat people better or don't act surprised when your empire is nothing more than an LLC filing.

Last edited:
G

Guest52539

I'm glad you found value in my response, however the disrespect you are showing in this thread is not only off-putting but completely unprofessional. Imagine if a potential client or customer saw this thread: would he or she want to do business with you? I wouldn't.

Your empire is going to be proportional to your ability to communicate clearly and respectfully. If your ego is so fragile that you lash out and make personal attacks at someone who kindly suggested an area of improvement. then how are you going to handle mean-spirited (but valuable) responses from customers? Treat people better or don't act surprised when your empire is nothing more than an LLC filing.
First of all, I will not tolerate disrespect period, not in here or not from anyone, my customers and my business is my business, rude remarks shows character for sure! I politely asked a question and got a rude arrogant response, is that how you behave professionally when someone asks a question? is that how you would respond to a customer?? or is it just because you feel brave to talk crap on the internet anonymously? like 90% of people on the internet. Learn some respect yourself for even thinking this behaviour is ok and trying to blame others for this behaviour. But yeah, this is clearly how this forum treats new comers to the group lol, very welcoming!

I wont waste more time time on here or in this group, I guess there can be some good info in this group, but attitude wise, very bad, thats all i have to say, remember if you dont want disrespect dont disrespect other people with snarky comments!

One great quote from Michael P. Watson “Strong people don't put others down...they lift them up

Last edited by a moderator:

mkmiller

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 14, 2023
Arizona
Louise, I would not write off a whole group based solely on interactions with 2. Their choice of tone may not have been to your style, but that does not mean there is not a ton of value to be learned from everyone here, yes including the people on this thread.

Sometimes to learn we must just grin and bear the parts we are not fond of.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
First of all, I will not tolerate disrespect period, not in here or not from anyone, my customers and my business is my business, rude remarks shows character for sure! I politely asked a question and got a rude arrogant response, is that how you behave professionally when someone asks a question? is that how you would respond to a customer?? or is it just because you feel brave to talk crap on the internet anonymously? like 90% of people on the internet. Learn some respect yourself for even thinking this behaviour is ok and trying to blame others for this behaviour. But yeah, this is clearly how this forum treats new comers to the group lol, very welcoming!

I wont waste more time time on here or in this group, I guess there can be some good info in this group, but attitude wise, very bad, thats all i have to say, remember if you dont want disrespect dont disrespect other people with snarky comments!

One great quote from Michael P. Watson “Strong people don't put others down...they lift them up
You need to grow some thicker skin or you will never make it in this game.

Critiques and responses come in all forms. How you respond to them says a lot about your character. I'll refrain from what my opinion of you is based on your remarks, but they are negative in nature.

Also, respect is earned. You don't magically gain respect for simply being alive. I don't mind when a thread post is poorly written. We have people from all over the world who come here speaking English as their 2nd, 3rd, or 4th language. That earns my respect. You come from the UK, if you respected us, you would have spent 5 minutes re-reading your post and added more than 2 periods into your post. It would have made it easier to read and easier to respond too.

Stay awhile. This forum is not only about entrepreneurship but also about growth, but please, hop off your high horse.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
You need to grow some thicker skin or you will never make it in this game.

Too late, as expected, I got hit with the infamous "Delete my account" request -- apparently offering advice that you might not want to hear is rude and toxic. Supposedly everyone here are cyberbullies.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Too late, as expected, I got hit with the infamous "Delete my account" request -- apparently offering advice that you might not want to hear is rude and toxic. Supposedly everyone here are cyberbullies.
I think we should name the forum cyberbully forum for one day just in remembrance of this

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
386%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
We need a facepalm emoji

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.