The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Other fantastic financial books?

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
The reason MJ's book hits home with so many people is because its no BS. There is no agenda. he is just telling you the straight truth whether you like it or not. Are there other financial books my young 23 year old mind needs to read? I want to start planting these seeds early so they sprout into great trees later in life (i apologize for my corny analogies, its a habit))

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
Besides taking action, I’d recommend, “The Road Less Stupid” and “The ultimate blueprint for a successful business” both are written by Keith J. Cunningham.

But just get started, to be honest I see a lot of posts by you but no progress thread. Are you in school or do you have a side hustle going right now? I’ve always wondered what you’re currently working on as I don’t see a progress thread. But I see several of your threads.

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
Besides taking action, I’d recommend, “The Road Less Stupid” and “The ultimate blueprint for a successful business” both are written by Keith J. Cunningham.

But just get started, to be honest I see a lot of posts by you but no progress thread. Are you in school or do you have a side hustle going right now? I’ve always wondered what you’re currently working on as I don’t see a progress thread. But I see several of your threads.
I find no need to post it here. Its none of your business focus on your own shit.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
I find no need to post it here. Its none of your business focus on your own shit.
Wow, you don’t know me and you just lost a potential contact. Good luck with wherever you’re at.

Frank H.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Dec 22, 2018
Bogleheads Guide To Investing

Purple Cow

Think and Grow Rich

Secrets Of The Millionaire Mind

Influence

kkoasdfawfqwe2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Feb 17, 2017
Europe

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
focus on your own shit
Our own shit, as it relates to this forum, is helping each other navigate the mountain road of entrepreneurship.

You asked for some book recommendations, and given that there are thousands of good books that cover every aspect of the road you're presumably on (we don't know for sure), it would help us help you if we had any idea where you're at in your journey.

We know exactly where you stand with "dating", fitness, injuring yourself on a scooter, and how you feel about your dad, but we don't know if you're looking to build an audience, scale production, create a prototype, or simply balance a checkbook.

Help us help you.

palneoon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
883%
Sep 24, 2019
I hate most business books because they're frankly rehashed shit diluted with fluff.

Some I feel worth recommending:
  • The Richest Man In Babylon (George S. Clason)
  • My Life And Work (Henry Ford)
  • How to Get Rich (Felix Dennis)
  • No B.S. Wealth Attraction in the New Economy (Dan Kennedy)
  • The Effective Executive (Peter Drucker)
This as far as generic business books go.

Plenty of more specific books about skills.

But honestly, you should focus on taking action and learning specific skills.

Also, you might want to get something on emotional control since you are prone to outbursts of rudeness.

I would suggest Letters From a Stoic (Seneca).

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
In all seriousness though, this book is great and a must-read for any person, ever!
s
Maybe "How to win friends and influence people" would be a food start. :)
Genuinely made me laugh haha good one. Thats a great book with basic fundamentals most people fail to use. Upon first read you may think its so obvious but very few people do it and youll have a great advantage.

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
Our own shit, as it relates to this forum, is helping each other navigate the mountain road of entrepreneurship.

You asked for some book recommendations, and given that there are thousands of good books that cover every aspect of the road you're presumably on (we don't know for sure), it would help us help you if we had any idea where you're at in your journey.

We know exactly where you stand with "dating", fitness, injuring yourself on a scooter, and how you feel about your dad, but we don't know if you're looking to build an audience, scale production, create a prototype, or simply balance a checkbook.

Help us help you.
If i need help ill post it here. Im not trying to put members down but seriously its my business. Its not up to you if you want to help.

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
If i need help ill post it here. Im not trying to put members down but seriously its my business. Its not up to you if you want to help.
People were taken aback by your rude response because sharing your progress and helping other people on their own journey is one of the core values on this forum.

If you don't feel comfortable sharing your progress - that's totally fine. It was, however, unwarranted to be a dick about it.

The threads that have helped me the most on this forum have been the ones that documented and reflected on the building of a successful business. Seeing execution and how it can change the lives of others is inspiring.

I come to this forum to be inspired and hopefully inspire others with my own successes.

Once again, you're not obligated to share "your business" with anyone else, and I get that you found someone else telling you that you needed to intruding (or something like that), but you could have just said that you didn't feel comfortable doing that at the moment.

Business is about people, first and foremost.

Edit: Also, I found FU Money great because it got me to list out exactly what my financial goals are and made them feel a lot more tangible and exciting.

J.F.

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Apr 14, 2018
People were taken aback by your rude response because sharing your progress and helping other people on their own journey is one of the core values on this forum.

If you don't feel comfortable sharing your progress - that's totally fine. It was, however, unwarranted to be a dick about it.

The threads that have helped me the most on this forum have been the ones that documented and reflected on the building of a successful business. Seeing execution and how it can change the lives of others is inspiring.

I come to this forum to be inspired and hopefully inspire others with my own successes.

Once again, you're not obligated to share "your business" with anyone else, and I get that you found someone else telling you that you needed to intruding (or something like that), but you could have just said that you didn't feel comfortable doing that at the moment.

Business is about people, first and foremost.

Edit: Also, I found FU Money great because it got me to list out exactly what my financial goals are and made them feel a lot more tangible and exciting.

Agree, also I've read FU Money, it wasn't good. Just a bunch of back-patting and basically a funnel to buy a bunch of Dan Lok's useless seminars. Lok strikes me as totally fake, like someone got drunk and tried to draw Dan Pena's life from memory.

J.F.

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Apr 14, 2018
I agree with a lot of the sentiment. Most "business" books aren't worth the paper they're written on. They all focus on "losing your fear of making money" and adopting a positive attitude.

It's all crap and it gets you nowhere.

Here's all you literally need to know to find success in whatever you're looking for.

5 Steps to succeed at your goal:
  1. Know your definite goal
  1. With an open mind, study the material thoroughly
  1. Grasp everything that is beneficial to your goal
  1. Trash everything that is useless to your goal
  2. Apply this modified outcome on a focused and consistent basis to realize your goal in the shortest possible time

Spend the time trying shit, not reading shit. If you want to read shit and practice theory, go to college. If you want to make progress, get your hands dirty and do it. Coffee shops are full of plenty of losers who fill "Freedom journals" with their goals and masturbatory fantasies of "The Good life"

Your job is to come up with an idea, determine the next step, learn how to accomplish that next step and DO THE NEXT STEP.

When you hit a snag, figure out why you hit the snag, get the skills required to get out of the snag and DO THE NEXT STEP.

Building a business is not complicated or magical. It has nothing to do with affirmations, positivity or even networking. Some of the richest self-made men I've ever met were cheap, petty and negative. They only ever had one thing in common:

A downright hellacious work ethic.

Success is taking that shovel, rolling up your sleeves and digging through that bullshit until you find gold. Then you buy more shovels and hire more men to dig faster to find more gold.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Sometimes its hard for me not to argue with people on these threads. Other times I think some folks really need a hug. Today I'll just shake my head and move forward.

Since the thread is requesting books to read, and since I have no idea which direction to recommend, I'll just go with:

Selling The Invisible by Harry Beckwith
The Ultimate Sales Letter by Dan Kennedy
Never Eat Alone by Keith Ferrazzi
On Advertising by David Ogilvy
The Art of War by Sun Tzu
The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
The Book of Proverbs

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
Agree, also I've read FU Money, it wasn't good. Just a bunch of back-patting and basically a funnel to buy a bunch of Dan Lok's useless seminars. Lok strikes me as totally fake, like someone got drunk and tried to draw Dan Pena's life from memory.
I derived a lot of value from breaking down exactly what my ideal lifestyle would cost and creating my financial goals based on that.

Instead of the way he recommended that - I made my business goal to earn that much per year after investing and earning 5% interest.

My ideal lifestyle actually ended up amounting to $250,000 a year - so that means making ~$5,000,000 to invest.

Also, his focus on breaking profits down to a daily basis and focusing on doubling that - and then doubling that - was a useful mindset for me.

Instead of just thinking “I want to make $120,000 profit this year,” I also now think “I’m currently selling $600 dollars a day, so what can I do to get to $1200 a day - right now.”

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.