The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Only 18 pages in and WTF?

D'Man

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,100%
Dec 22, 2018
Montgomery, Texas
I only recently found this forum after ordering both Unscripted and TMF . TMF was recommended by someone online and after seeing all the positive reviews I knew I had to read it.

I'm only 18 pages in to Unscripted and wow! Apparently I will have to get a restraining order against MJ because he has been spying on me for the last 30 years of my scripted life. So much so that he even knows what TV shows I watch (yes, pg 16, GOT, Breaking Bad and TWD).

I'm in shock as to how accurate MJ's description is of my life (all our lives). No one has ever put it so matter-of-factly and it's truly scary to realize how programmed we all become.

I make good money in a job I hate but I desperately want to find a way out. I have been an internet marketing junky for many years and I have wasted many thousands of dollars (maybe some of you can relate).

It is now time to UNSCRIPT my life for good.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Disciple96

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Mar 5, 2016
USA
You're reading Unscripted first? Hate to break it to you but... well, I love TMF , but Unscripted is basically TMF 2.0

Better in every regard. They're both great books, it's just that Unscripted retreads a lot of the same ground as TMF, just in much greater detail

You might not get much out of the first book if you read it second. It's been awhile since I picked it up though, although I've read them both twice.

Either way, welcome to the forum!

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Welcome!

When you finish up the book let us know what direction you are taking, and if you can come up with value to provide (its in the book)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Ha Ha, glad to hear you like the start of the book. Hope the rest of it delivers for you. And welcome to the forum!

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
good-good-let-the-hate-flow-through-you-34440149.png

upload_2018-12-27_0-39-59.jpeg

Disciple96

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Mar 5, 2016
USA

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plageuis the wise? I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life... He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful... the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. It's ironic he could save others from death, but not himself.'

Beyond just shitposting, I felt like this quote has a special relevance in this context for some reason. I really couldn't place why that is, however.

Last edited:

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Welcome @D'Man

I have been an internet marketing junky for many years and I have wasted many thousands of dollars (maybe some of you can relate).

You should understand how MJ knows you so intimately then. You are a product of your upbringing and social environment. A worker bee carefully honed from birth to adulthood. Fed everything required to keep you in a blinkered state of compliance. A being put in a hamster wheel of consumption and fed just enough to keep you consuming and producing for others like yourself to consume. If put like this it seems rather dark as well as scary doesn't it?

I don't think it's far from the truth though. I was talking to some teaching staff at a private school a year or so ago. We were having an in-depth debate about entrepreneurship and I said I would be willing to give a talk to interested pupils about the world outside of company employment and the traditional ladder of advancement. The consensus was that would be frowned upon and considered almost dangerous. lol

For the vast majority of these privileged children they would complete their schooling then head to Oxford or Cambridge to complete a degree then on to corporate (or medical) life.

For the state schools some would be go on to University and be saddled in debt for decades and the majority of the others would end up working in shops, factories or warehouses for minimum wage feeding the consumption of the market. What a world.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Welcome to the forum man, you'll like it here.

The book does a great job of rewiring your brain, that's for sure. 2 years later, I'm so far down the Fastlane rabbit whole, I can't even conceive why anyone would want to be someone else's employee anymore.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
The consensus was that would be frowned upon and considered almost dangerous. lol
Why would it be dangerous?

upload_2018-12-27_23-49-13.jpeg

Do you know what you do with a frown? You turn it upside down into a smile...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.