• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 8 hours.
  2. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

INTRO Only 18 pages in and WTF?

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by D'Man, Dec 26, 2018.

1. D'Man

D'Man Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $107
    I only recently found this forum after ordering both Unscripted and TMF. TMF was recommended by someone online and after seeing all the positive reviews I knew I had to read it.

I'm only 18 pages in to Unscripted and wow! Apparently I will have to get a restraining order against MJ because he has been spying on me for the last 30 years of my scripted life. So much so that he even knows what TV shows I watch (yes, pg 16, GOT, Breaking Bad and TWD).

I'm in shock as to how accurate MJ's description is of my life (all our lives). No one has ever put it so matter-of-factly and it's truly scary to realize how programmed we all become.

I make good money in a job I hate but I desperately want to find a way out. I have been an internet marketing junky for many years and I have wasted many thousands of dollars (maybe some of you can relate).

It is now time to UNSCRIPT my life for good.

Chapas, PureA, Roli and 18 others like this.
  2. Royce2

Royce2 y'all need jesus I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $980
    Welcome to the forum! Great to hear your willingness to unscript and move over into the Fastlane.

D'Man and ZF Lee like this.
  3. Disciple96

Disciple96 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $677
    You're reading Unscripted first? Hate to break it to you but... well, I love TMF, but Unscripted is basically TMF 2.0

Better in every regard. They're both great books, it's just that Unscripted retreads a lot of the same ground as TMF, just in much greater detail

You might not get much out of the first book if you read it second. It's been awhile since I picked it up though, although I've read them both twice.

Either way, welcome to the forum!

Shashwat and D'Man like this.
  4. sparechange

sparechange Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,210
    Welcome!

When you finish up the book let us know what direction you are taking, and if you can come up with value to provide (its in the book)

D'Man likes this.
  5. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $404,821
    Admin Post
    Ha Ha, glad to hear you like the start of the book. Hope the rest of it delivers for you. And welcome to the forum!

Roli, D'Man, Andy Black and 1 other person like this.
  6. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,727
    [​IMG]
    upload_2018-12-27_0-39-59.jpeg

Roli, D'Man, Royce2 and 1 other person like this.
  7. Disciple96

Disciple96 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $677
    Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plageuis the wise? I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life... He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful... the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. It's ironic he could save others from death, but not himself.'

Beyond just shitposting, I felt like this quote has a special relevance in this context for some reason. I really couldn't place why that is, however.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    Shashwat, James Cozens and D'Man like this.
  8. Ksalazar

Ksalazar Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $319
    Welcome to forum!!

Best of luck on your journey through the book both of his books have great content.

D'Man likes this.
  9. RazorCut

RazorCut Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $27,128
    Welcome @D'Man

You should understand how MJ knows you so intimately then. You are a product of your upbringing and social environment. A worker bee carefully honed from birth to adulthood. Fed everything required to keep you in a blinkered state of compliance. A being put in a hamster wheel of consumption and fed just enough to keep you consuming and producing for others like yourself to consume. If put like this it seems rather dark as well as scary doesn't it?

I don't think it's far from the truth though. I was talking to some teaching staff at a private school a year or so ago. We were having an in-depth debate about entrepreneurship and I said I would be willing to give a talk to interested pupils about the world outside of company employment and the traditional ladder of advancement. The consensus was that would be frowned upon and considered almost dangerous. lol

For the vast majority of these privileged children they would complete their schooling then head to Oxford or Cambridge to complete a degree then on to corporate (or medical) life.

For the state schools some would be go on to University and be saddled in debt for decades and the majority of the others would end up working in shops, factories or warehouses for minimum wage feeding the consumption of the market. What a world.

Shashwat, sparechange, ZF Lee and 2 others like this.
  10. Scot

Scot Ductus Exemplo Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $57,137
    Welcome to the forum man, you'll like it here.

The book does a great job of rewiring your brain, that's for sure. 2 years later, I'm so far down the Fastlane rabbit whole, I can't even conceive why anyone would want to be someone else's employee anymore.

Andy Black, Roz, sparechange and 3 others like this.
  11. lowtek

lowtek Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $30,398
  12. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,727
    Why would it be dangerous?

upload_2018-12-27_23-49-13.jpeg

Do you know what you do with a frown? You turn it upside down into a smile...

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.