The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Online store from home .. your business address / contact?

Ultras

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Apr 14, 2016
Toronto, Canada
So you created your lovely online store from your home and you start selling your products etc Now client would like to return product as it did not fit or its not what she/he expected. What contact address you provide for client? Your home address? Its nice to see address on the website as well do you provide your address where you live? Is there any service that can get returns and you can use as your business address on the website?

Thank you all for your help!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Our address for email contact (CANSPAM law) is a PO box. But for packages/returns, is suggest an all in one service like UPS or FedEx. They will have a po box for you and receive packages. That way, worse case, you don't have weirdos knocking on your door.

Ultras

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Apr 14, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Our address for email contact (CANSPAM law) is a PO box. But for packages/returns, is suggest an all in one service like UPS or FedEx. They will have a po box for you and receive packages. That way, worse case, you don't have weirdos knocking on your door.

I used to have UPS mail box but packages that I am currently panning to send are bit bigger so do not fit in mail boxes that they had. I guess I will need to go to UPS and see what is the biggest mail box space they can give me. Thank you!

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
I used to have UPS mail box but packages that I am currently panning to send are bit bigger so do not fit in mail boxes that they had. I guess I will need to go to UPS and see what is the biggest mail box space they can give me. Thank you!
You don't need a box large enough to receive a specific size of package. I get boxes delivered to my PO box and they just put it in a locker and leave a key or note in the box.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Most shipping stores will just hold the packages as well. They're used to dealing with small businesses that send and receive packages

Donna_Lee

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 1, 2016
UPS is great! I took out my "address" in the city I wanted to be located within. They call me when I get mail, so I don't have to drive over just to check; but I know if I'm expecting a return, and sometimes I call them. They're franchised so perhaps some customer service is better than others? I'm in Canada and my UPS store is excellent.

Crossroads

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Aug 31, 2016
So you created your lovely online store from your home and you start selling your products etc Now client would like to return product as it did not fit or its not what she/he expected. What contact address you provide for client? Your home address? Its nice to see address on the website as well do you provide your address where you live? Is there any service that can get returns and you can use as your business address on the website?

Thank you all for your help!
Back when I had a few websites, I used a UPS mailbox as an address (it was about $20/mo. back then). They'd slip a note in my box and call me when I received a package that wouldn't fit. It didn't seem to be any big deal to them. They were always courteous and helpful.

Ultras

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Apr 14, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Thank you all for your help. I contacted closest UPS store and I got confirmation that they can hold package for me if it doesn't fit in the mail box. "There is a small fee of $1/per package if it cannot fit into your mailbox" thank you all for your help and answers!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.