The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Online Courses For Free What Would You Do ?

Marketing, social media, advertising

21elnegocio

WholeFlips Wholesaling Houses Virtually
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
Hello Guys,
So I am working on growing my social media presence more by putting tons of videos with valuable information that I know that the masses want to learn and pay other mentors to learn. There is a lot of mentors/gurus already in my industry that at this point I am not 100% if I would be able to teach people and charge them. But either way I want to switch this up, what if I was to give out free information. How would you monetize from it ?

I am putting podcast interviews on youtube, Instagram lives, facebook private group lives (300 people so far).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

dawp

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Oct 23, 2017
1) Deliver a lot of value for free
2) Deliver even more for a "premium group" where you charge for example $100/month for premium resources or 1to1 mentoring

People like free value. When you provide it with some extra information about (2), they will know that they can win a lot by paying you.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hello Guys,
So I am working on growing my social media presence more by putting tons of videos with valuable information that I know that the masses want to learn and pay other mentors to learn. There is a lot of mentors/gurus already in my industry that at this point I am not 100% if I would be able to teach people and charge them. But either way I want to switch this up, what if I was to give out free information. How would you monetize from it ?

I am putting podcast interviews on youtube, Instagram lives, facebook private group lives (300 people so far).
Offer something for free on a page that people opt into to get. Email/video everyone by hand who opts in. Get into email conversations and Skype/Zoom calls. See how you can go above and beyond to help them. Figure out what some of them will pay for.

This might help:

21elnegocio

Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
Offer something for free on a page that people opt into to get. Email/video everyone by hand who opts in. Get into email conversations and Skype/Zoom calls. See how you can go above and beyond to help them. Figure out what some of them will pay for.

This might help:

Thank you @Andy Black you're always very helpful ! I am listening to your podcast interviews right now.

Check my youtube podcast channel out

So far I have a private facebook group with about 344 people
I have done about 3 free mastermind calls
Been providing free information guidance within the group and Instagram

I am pivoting and trying a few things out to see what works best.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Just to provide a different perspective... What if you actually charged a lot more than your competition for it? You could position yourself as a guy who only works with serious clients, charging serious fees (but offering outstanding value).

I offer a lot of things for free and this strategy hasn't been working that well for me. It attracts the wrong crowd. Yes, you can build a big list, but it will perform very badly because very few people will buy anything from you.

Of course, free is good for getting people to trust you, but be careful not to do too much stuff for free because you'll end up with a big list of non-buyers.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Just to provide a different perspective... What if you actually charged a lot more than your competition for it? You could position yourself as a guy who only works with serious clients, charging serious fees (but offering outstanding value).

I offer a lot of things for free and this strategy hasn't been working that well for me. It attracts the wrong crowd. Yes, you can build a big list, but it will perform very badly because very few people will buy anything from you.

Of course, free is good for getting people to trust you, but be careful not to do too much stuff for free because you'll end up with a big list of non-buyers.
Yeah. This is why (to date) I only write emails to my paid email newsletter. My free content is indexed by Google and available to all.

Hmm... except for the 2-3000 free PMs with people. Let me mull this over.

21elnegocio

Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
Thanks for your advice guys I really appreciate it ! I am working on my story at this moment for when I put the courses out there it will be great.

D

Deleted74396

1) Deliver a lot of value for free
2) Deliver even more for a "premium group" where you charge for example $100/month for premium resources or 1to1 mentoring

People like free value. When you provide it with some extra information about (2), they will know that they can win a lot by paying you.

That's exactly what I was thinking of doing but I'm not sure of the process, how to decide what goes in the free group and what goes to the premium group. I want to provide a ton of value free, but also make it so people see the benefit of joining the premium group.

Sorry for jumping in OP, good luck to you! :)

MichaelCash

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Apr 7, 2013
New York
Does it make sense in your case to try a donation model, when people are not forced to pay but can donate if they feel they so?

21elnegocio

Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
That's exactly what I was thinking of doing but I'm not sure of the process, how to decide what goes in the free group and what goes to the premium group. I want to provide a ton of value free, but also make it so people see the benefit of joining the premium group.

Sorry for jumping in OP, good luck to you! :)

No worries thats what this forum is for, I was actually listening to the book "Expert Secrets" and he really broke it down made me realize it is time for me to start selling a course online. I just need to relisten to it to go step by step and put this together. The challenge will be making sure I market this right to be able to convert sales, I need to learn about running ads and stuff.

I also need to find out what platform to use to run my online course so far I am looking into

Kajabi and Thinkific (Trying to find a reliable inexpensive platform)

21elnegocio

Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
Yeah. This is why (to date) I only write emails to my paid email newsletter. My free content is indexed by Google and available to all.

Hmm... except for the 2-3000 free PMs with people. Let me mull this over.

What platform do you suggest for someone looking to sell course to sign up to ?

So far I am looking into Kajabi and Thinkific

21elnegocio

Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
Nevermind I think I found the platform I am looking for by doing a little digging. I will stick to thinkific

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.