Hi all,
I came to this forum right about a year ago after reading Unscripted . Last year, I fell short of many goals due to a lack of drive, lack of execution, and a lot of shiny object syndrome.
That, mixed with a lack of firm commitment to my goals with entrepreneurship, and I coasted most of the last half of the year. It has felt embarrassing to admit this, even on an online forum where I don't show my face.
I did make a very small pittance with affiliate sales on blogging, but I let other events in my life kill my momentum there.
My current plan is to get down with serious commitment and keep the momentum going.
My current execution project is to sell an information product. I am an expert in mechanical engineering, and have run into a particular problem across industries and I see the value in a set of guides, spreadsheets, and other material for that problem. It's just one idea for now.
Over the past few days I've been piecing together a sales letter and am also reading Dan Kennedy's Sales Letter book to polish it some. I already have a website, but the small bit of traffic I have going to it is not the target market, so I will just make an area dedicated to the sales letter and drive traffic to it via ads.
This will be a pre-sale. In the past, I have toyed with this idea too much but was afraid to execute it for some reason. I kept fiddling around with book cover design, a logo, titles, and all kinds of things that didn't really matter. I'm already much happier by simply just making the sales letter in an industry that I am already familiar with. It's a much smaller step than going hard on writing sales letters for something I am much less familiar with.
I know that I can develop the product within a couple of months (hppefully quicker than that when I start seeing interest and get a fire under my a$$), but I am going to wait for the traffic to justify that.
I have other ideas, but I need to focus on the execution of this one and drive it to either: sales with product development delivery or moving on to a different product.
I'm also thinking about using this product, if successful, to drive consulting sales, or bundling with consulting offers on the back end. I have a very small email list that I developed last year, which likely could be expanded further with more effort. This one was developed by free guides related to my industry. I've had a small amount of feedback, which was positive, but I honestly don't have enough subscribers yet to read into any of that yet. My audience is not big enough yet.
I came to this forum right about a year ago after reading Unscripted . Last year, I fell short of many goals due to a lack of drive, lack of execution, and a lot of shiny object syndrome.
That, mixed with a lack of firm commitment to my goals with entrepreneurship, and I coasted most of the last half of the year. It has felt embarrassing to admit this, even on an online forum where I don't show my face.
I did make a very small pittance with affiliate sales on blogging, but I let other events in my life kill my momentum there.
My current plan is to get down with serious commitment and keep the momentum going.
My current execution project is to sell an information product. I am an expert in mechanical engineering, and have run into a particular problem across industries and I see the value in a set of guides, spreadsheets, and other material for that problem. It's just one idea for now.
Over the past few days I've been piecing together a sales letter and am also reading Dan Kennedy's Sales Letter book to polish it some. I already have a website, but the small bit of traffic I have going to it is not the target market, so I will just make an area dedicated to the sales letter and drive traffic to it via ads.
This will be a pre-sale. In the past, I have toyed with this idea too much but was afraid to execute it for some reason. I kept fiddling around with book cover design, a logo, titles, and all kinds of things that didn't really matter. I'm already much happier by simply just making the sales letter in an industry that I am already familiar with. It's a much smaller step than going hard on writing sales letters for something I am much less familiar with.
I know that I can develop the product within a couple of months (hppefully quicker than that when I start seeing interest and get a fire under my a$$), but I am going to wait for the traffic to justify that.
I have other ideas, but I need to focus on the execution of this one and drive it to either: sales with product development delivery or moving on to a different product.
I'm also thinking about using this product, if successful, to drive consulting sales, or bundling with consulting offers on the back end. I have a very small email list that I developed last year, which likely could be expanded further with more effort. This one was developed by free guides related to my industry. I've had a small amount of feedback, which was positive, but I honestly don't have enough subscribers yet to read into any of that yet. My audience is not big enough yet.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
