We all have dreams and aspirations, right? We all have desires, goals, whatever you want to call it but few of us, particularly when it comes to business, ever achieve them. I constantly indulge myself in knowledge, I've read practically every business and self-help book out there, I know so many stories inside out, I've seen the patterns that both successful people used and what they advocated to avoid.
But I just can't get started...and I have no idea why.
What I'm looking for is advice, not business advice, but advice on how to stop this dangerous inertia that will ultimately be the #1 reason I accomplish nothing. Why does my mind do this? I feel like I have the confidence to start something but never do? Am I just lazy? Am I subconsciously insecure? Not to mention, almost every book I've read mentioned how they [the successful entrepreneurs] had started businesses as kids (like a lemonade stand), that was never me! I was the want-to-do kid, not the tried-and-failed-but-at-least-tried kid.
So my question is...is there anyone here (or an entrepreneur you've heard of) that got themselves out of this rut, this "feeling stuck" rut where they JUST GOT STARTED? Where they stopped talking about their goals and actually got to work? Where they started and didn't give up 3 days in? I need help...
But I just can't get started...and I have no idea why.
What I'm looking for is advice, not business advice, but advice on how to stop this dangerous inertia that will ultimately be the #1 reason I accomplish nothing. Why does my mind do this? I feel like I have the confidence to start something but never do? Am I just lazy? Am I subconsciously insecure? Not to mention, almost every book I've read mentioned how they [the successful entrepreneurs] had started businesses as kids (like a lemonade stand), that was never me! I was the want-to-do kid, not the tried-and-failed-but-at-least-tried kid.
So my question is...is there anyone here (or an entrepreneur you've heard of) that got themselves out of this rut, this "feeling stuck" rut where they JUST GOT STARTED? Where they stopped talking about their goals and actually got to work? Where they started and didn't give up 3 days in? I need help...
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?


