The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Okay, I admit it...like 99% of dreamers..I'm just a WANTrepreneur

Halffull

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 25, 2012
This sounds a lot like analysis paralysis. You've read all those books and think you know what to do, but you don't want to be proven wrong. What you need is momentum. More doing less thinking. Worrying about the million things you will eventually have to do will only make it worse. Clear your head, figure out the first step (any first step, don't worry if it's the 'correct' first step) and focus on nothing but that.

Also talking about your goals gives you the illusion of progress. Set small goals and talk about them AFTER you achieved them.

Whoops, this guy said everything I said before I said it. Spot on man.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

road_runner

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Feb 23, 2012
It's the comfort zone for sure. I am getting good enough money, and have two separate sources of income. So every time i think of trying something, i start calculating if the possible return is worth it. My two sources of income are relatively easy money (4-5 hours a day combined for both projects, remote work, no office , flexible hours)
To sum it up if the added value is not a lifestyle changer i don't seem to bother to try it.

GUTTA BOB

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Mar 11, 2012
Can't say that you are welcome... considering this guy never came back to the forum and I even shared my 15 page personal notes with him.

My post was liked so it brought me back to this thread.

Now the good part is that someone found value and was grateful for the advice given within the thread.

The bad part is that more often then not, guys like BOB show up and waste other peoples time.

One of the greatest lessons I learned from 2012 was this: You will look like an idiot from time to time. Now after being an idiot, if you give up, then the life you dreamed of is over. However, if you come back and talk about the lessons learned and try again, people will respect you more... why?

It's simple, the most successful people know that you have to repeat the process of idiot->lesson learned->idiot->lesson learned... to finally get "not-idiot"-> fastlane success.

Hey, I think you've may have confused me for the OP... We've never PM'd one another and I wasn't the person that you shared any of your personal notes or anything (I'm assuming you shared your notes with the OP?). Your above post had good insight so at the time I 'liked' it and said thanks... not sure how I was wasting other peoples time... that's not my intention.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
First step - start with your mindset.

Remove the word "can't" and replace with "I currently struggle with".

Then go from there.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Also, it takes will to do anything in life.

Set a small goal and act on it.

Follow through until this very tiny business goal is complete.

Something as small as setting up a website or ordering $5.00 of business cards will do.

Keep doing this and you will build a process and a strong will.

Then taking action becomes more of a habit than a struggle.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Also, it takes will to do anything in life.

Set a small goal and act on it.

Follow through until this very tiny business goal is complete.

Something as small as setting up a website or ordering $5.00 of business cards will do.

Keep doing this and you will build a process and a strong will.

Then taking action becomes more of a habit than a struggle.

Also note that ANY positive action begets more action. If you do 30 pushups, you will find it easier to go make a sales call.

The big thing is resistance - the ego telling you "ok, but before you start, you should..." or "you just need..." or "it would be nice..." Realize, as enticing as those things SOUND to you, they are all illusions. You don't NEED anything to create your own action, you just need to MOVE and start doing it.

In writing, people complain about trying to write and how hard it is. I consider myself at a point that I kind of know what I'm doing, and still I spent MONTHS not putting words down because of resistance - because "well maybe i drink some coffee and check facebook right before" or other. MONTHS, months of good money making wasted!!

So you can only DO something in the present moment. Like, realize, right now, as you're reading this, you can either do what you should do RIGHT NOW, or you will have to remind yourself later that you have the will to do it RIGHT NOW and do it anyway, but it will be later and time had gone by. Most people act when they MUST, when the consequence gets too painful not to act. To be responsible, and to be successful, you must act even if you don't have to, because your goal and success would come QUICKER, because you are the one who is ultimately in charge of deciding when you get the things you want.

Jakawan

We Buy Houses
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
Sep 19, 2013
Oklahoma City
Hey everyone. I saw this post and had to log in just to reply.
I would like to share my insight from the same side of the fence.

We are motivated by desperation or inspiration. Pain or pleasure.

I feel that for most of us... pain is more motivating.
In January, I was down to my last $100 and didn't know how I was going to pay my mortgage. I remember crying in the parking lot of the bank after checking my balance. I sat there for 2 hours. That was a turning point. A lot of us need one. And we need to learn to draw energy and urgency from those moments. Anyways.. I went to bed at 5pm that day, wanting to never wake up. The next morning, I got on Craigslist at 9am and started looking at houses. I found a cheap house for $35k that needed repairs. I went and looked at it, and while I was there another person was looking at it.. I greeted him and he asked me if I was the owner. I said I was a friend of the owner and asked if he wanted to buy the house. He said yes, and I tried to sell a house I didn't own for $38k. He said it was online for $35k. I signed the house up to sell for $35k before I even had interest in it or anything. He gave me $500 earnest.
Next I went and negotiated with the owner to make room for me. He accepted $32k. A week later, I profited $3400. Paid $100 to title company for double escrow fee, buyer and seller took care of all taxes and closing costs. Seller forgot about earnest money and it wasn't written on the contract.. so bonus for me. Point is.... this happened out of necessity. $100 to $3400 in a week due to desperation... and action.

Once our basic human needs (food, water, shelter, warmth are taken care of, it is WAY too easy to get comfortable. You don't have TIME for TV or video games. Sure you can watch a movie with your family once a week... but don't drain your life away 5+ hours per day on the tube.
Your time is VALUABLE.. don't spend it.. INVEST IT!! The wealthy know that time is more valuable than money, so why would you treat your time more poorly than your money?! When I learned this.. no more waiting in line on Black Friday. Shopping is done online or outsourced.

Anyways... My message is... you have to take massive action. If you don't pick up the phone, nothing will happen. If you don't push.. it won't move. If you don't act, nothing will happen. You can't "wait for something good to happen" or "wait for the right time or opportunity"...
You don't chase dollars... you become the person that attracts dollars.

Next point is... every single book that you need to be successful and richer than you know how to handle... has already been written. So read them!
Two I can recommend are... 1. The One Thing, and 2. The Five Major Pieces to the life puzzle by Jim Rohn
The two books are about focus... and creating urgency to MOVE YOUR a$$!!!

How bad do you want it....? Eric Thomas says you just KINDA want it.. You don't want it BAD.. (Google him)

Alright, that's all for now. Plenty of resources in this post. Keep a journal, a daily success list, and do your one thing every day, and it's just a matter of time before you start surprising yourself... your reality will start to change.

contract

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Dec 29, 2013
Don't even think about it.

Just start with something and stick with it.

Something you are passionate about.

Anything, even a ice cream review channel on Youtube.

Next thing you know you're selling your own brand of ice cream.

There is no sense in wondering if something will work.

Either you believe in yourself and your ability or you don't.

Ideas are never the problem, we have plenty of them.

It always starts with taking action on those ideas.

Doesn't go well? Think up another one.

We are idea machines.

Why waste talent you, as a human being already have.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
Don't even think about it.

Just start with something and stick with it.

Something you are passionate about.

Anything, even a ice cream review channel on Youtube.

Next thing you know you're selling your own brand of ice cream.

There is no sense in wondering if something will work.

Either you believe in yourself and your ability or you don't.

Ideas are never the problem, we have plenty of them.

It always starts with taking action on those ideas.

Doesn't go well? Think up another one.

We are idea machines.

Why waste talent you, as a human being already have.

because he seemingly is a so called perfectionist... and perfectionists usually die poor and alone.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.