The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Not ready..Will I ever be ready? Is there ever a perfect time??? F it. I’m doing it. I QUIT.

stitcom1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Nov 9, 2019
Ive been improving and managing other people’s businesses for over 20 years. I’m sick and tired of being the pawn in my own life story. I’ve been dreaming of owning my own business for at least 10 years. I read both MFL and Unscripted two years ago when I had my FTE. However, the “nail” obviously didn’t hurt enough to get off it until now. With COVID my job turned pretty cushy working from home. Now - Back in the office one week….I won’t sit on the nail any longer!!! I gave my notice yesterday. I am taking that leap. I will no longer tolerate the “punch down” meetings from my CEO or the creepy looks from the guys at the water cooler. The executives that act like children… I am doing it! Nervous yet excited for what roads I will go down. I’m strapping on my seatbelt and getting ready for a tough road ahead….One I will pave myself.

If there are any entrepreneurs in the Tampa Bay Florida area email me I would love to get together for someone to bounce ideas off of!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I will no longer tolerate the “punch down” meetings from my CEO or the creepy looks from the guys at the water cooler. The executives that act like children… I am doing it! Nervous yet excited for what roads I will go down. I’m strapping on my seatbelt and getting ready for a tough road ahead….One I will pave myself.

Do you have something planned? In the works? Or have you quit with nothing in the works?

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
If there are any entrepreneurs in the Tampa Bay Florida area email me I would love to get together for someone to bounce ideas off of!

You quit, yet you're only at the "bounce ideas around" stage?

I hope you have a hell of a nest egg to pull from because this sounds like a recipe for disaster.

I quit my job when my business was already earning 75% of my day-job income and I still believe that the #1 reason that I failed was because I quit too soon.

I couldn't grow my business because I had no source of outside revenue to infuse into the business and there was nothing left to re-invest after paying myself what I needed to live. My business went from an upward trend to a horizontal line. Credit cards became my source of business funds and I'm still paying the price for that today, years after closing my last business.

There are folks who quit, burn the bridge, and turn rags to riches in short order - but it's rare and no betting man would take those odds.

I hope you know what you're doing. It may be sexy to say "I quit" but it's a lot less sexy to realize your business is failing because growth costs money that you don't have.

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas

I hope you have a hell of a nest egg to pull from because this sounds like a recipe for disaster.

I quit my job when my business was already earning 75% of my day-job income and I still believe that the #1 reason that I failed was because I quit too soon.

I couldn't grow my business because I had no source of outside revenue to infuse into the business and there was nothing left to re-invest after paying myself what I needed to live. My business went from an upward trend to a horizontal line. Credit cards became my source of business funds and I'm still paying the price for that today, years after closing my last business.

There are folks who quit, burn the bridge, and turn rags to riches in short order - but it's rare and no betting man would take those odds.

I hope you know what you're doing. It may be sexy to say "I quit" but it's a lot less sexy to realize your business is failing because growth costs money that you don't have.
What was your business.

stitcom1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Nov 9, 2019
Do you have something planned? In the works? Or have you quit with nothing in the works?
I have a plan but I do not have anything actively in the works. I have some income from rental property, a stock account and a 401k.
My fiancé can support me during my implementation phase. Maybe I am putting the cart before the horse but I’ve always over invested myself into my job leaving nothing left. Maybe I am just crazy.

stitcom1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Nov 9, 2019

Yes I am in that stage….and does anyone know exactly what they are doing? I know I need to do research and my due diligence. I know it won’t be easy and I have a long road ahead. I have money set aside and someone who can help float me for a while. I don’t think it is sexy to say I quit, I’m quiet nervous. I will flip cars furniture or whatever I can do to help get me by if that’s what is needed. Thank you for your story and the smack in the face I needed today.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
This thread is relevant to this chapter from my new book ...

Mind you, this is not ONE SIZE FITS ALL. I can't speak for your situation, so this is a general guideline that I like to offer.

Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 10.08.33 AM.png

Flo Rian

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 18, 2019
France
This thread is relevant to this chapter from my new book ...

Mind you, this is not ONE SIZE FITS ALL. I can't speak for your situation, so this is a general guideline that I like to offer.

View attachment 38667
Hi MJ, I totally agree with that. These 4 conditions represent the process.

For instance, in the Millionnaire Fastlane and in Unscripted , you wrote that, when you arrived in Phoenix, with 900 bucks in you pocket, you had some small business deals that made little money.

Actually, you've done a calculated risk.

You already had specialized skills and enough money to pay the rent thanks to the businesses revenues.

I don't know if you had a productocraty when you decided to go to Phoenix.

Then, later I guess, companies from Kansas (the first one) and New-York (the second one) called you to build a website for them.

But I can't imagine the feeling of joy when you finished these two websites and then build the company that changed your life.

Thank you for taking your time to have write these valuable informations.
I'm at the half of your new book Unscripted The Great rat race Escape .
Very interesting to tell the story of the couple trying to apply the Fastlane Philosophy. Also, your chapters are shorter, that make even more easy to read.

Great work!

Florian

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.