The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Nootropics & I (Progress Thread)

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
So I should look into brainstack or alphabraon?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

The choice is yours, Brainstack has been proven to be stronger and you should feel the results more than in AlphaBrain but its also quite a bit more expensive, I have a 20% discount for both sites so if you need it send me a message and I'll gladly pass it along

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
OK. So I have done a little research. What do y'all pill junkies think about taking pramiracetam and choline together instead of an all in one?

That should be good, be sure to take Choline with a Racetam, it is 110% necessary. I think Prami and Choline would be really good for memory and focus as well as motivation, Prami is the strongest of the Racetams, but you shouldn't expect a mood or social increase except for the joy of knowing you are being productive which I experience. Definitely a good starter to see how you react to them. Be sure to start with a low dose and work your way up!

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
Flint does that and says it has an even better effect.

I have no doubt that taking individual pills over a premade is much much much more effective, but I might eventually order more of a premade to use on a day-to-day basis with my personalized stack used for extraneous situations, or use the premade if I need a few good hours of studying from say 10pm-1am because if I took my personal stack it would overlap the 24hour time period and would keep me up for a lot longer than a premade would.

It's essential to test things out to see what works best, what works for me won't necessarily work for you.

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
If anyone is looking for a journal, Braintropic just released a really concise article on a 7 day experience with the new stack, if you're interested check it out! This guy knows what he is talkin about!

I am in no way whatsoever affiliated with the following link, I am merely posting it for the benefit of readers of the thread.

What to Expect from Nootropic Effects: 7 Day Log - Braintropic

Gsuz

If you want the crown, you gotta take it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Jul 3, 2012
Does anyone know of a company that ships Noopept within the EU? Would be greatly appreciated.

ubiquitous

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Sep 13, 2012

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
I feel there is a lot of gaps in between my updates because its not really worth it for me to post daily results.

So at this time I'd like to open up some time for questions from the followers of this thread:

What questions do you have specifically about my results or reactions or opinions?

Ask anything you'd like and I will do my best to answer it!

Cheers!
- Sam -

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
What would you reccommend as a really solid combination for great results and little research?

awkwardgenius

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jul 28, 2012
Southern California
What would you reccommend as a really solid combination for great results and little research?

My personal favorite so far is Pramiracetam, CDP Choline, and Bacopa twice a day...I sometimes augment with Modafinil (to counter shitty sleep schedule) or sulbutiamine (for physical energy).

I also do Acetyl-L Carnatine, and Alpha Lipoic Acid + a couple fish oil caps each day. I also enjoyed noopept a while back, and will probably order a bit more of that.

Different people have different results though, so you gotta see what works for you. Just don't take too much stuff at once, or it'll be hard to tell what's working (or what's causing unpleasant side effects).

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Cool! What is bacopa?

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
I agree with awkwardgenius, you really need to try stuff to figure out what the best combination will be.

I think a good simple starter would be:

1) Alpha Brain

2) Brainstack

3) Aniracetam, Sulbutiamine, Choline

You should always take vitamins (I take Vitamin C, Fish Oil, a Multivitamin and a fruits and veggies supplement)

But getting out there and trying things is the best way to figure things out. I would stay away from Modafinil for now because it requires a prescription and is supposed to be a hard hitter. Start slow for sure.

A good example is Sulbutiamine, it is supposed to lose its kick because your body gets used to it so I only take it 2-3 times a week, but on days when I do take it, I don't feel any different than days when I do so I am going to be trying Sulb alone this weekend to see if there really are no effects for me.

One of the biggest pieces of advice I can give you is to always eat something right before or after you take your pills, if you don't you will probably experience one of the worst stomach aches you'll ever have, its awful. It goes away after a few minutes but then comes back until you eat something. Half a granola bar has been enough for me, but make sure you eat at least one thing!

Thanks for the question Kak, and thanks awkward for giving some good info!!

G

GuestUser8117

Are there natural only nootropics? Natural ingredients only. I'm not really comfortable taking drugs.

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
Are there natural only nootropics? Natural ingredients only. I'm not really comfortable taking drugs.

Of course! There are TONS of them out there, from what I take, most of them are natural. A few examples are Lion's Mane Mushroom, Bacopa Monnieri, L-Tyrosine, etc.

awkwardgenius

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jul 28, 2012
Southern California

awkwardgenius

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jul 28, 2012
Southern California
Are there natural only nootropics?

Careful:
Appeal to nature - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are tons of herbals with potential nootropic effects, but in all honesty, the ones I've looked into seem to have more side effects than many of the well-researched synthetics. Nootropics, by definition, must be non-toxic with little to no side effects, and are neuroprotective in their effects...this means they actually protect the brain from physical and chemical stress and trauma.

The racetam family in particular has a pretty well-established track record of safety, with the worst side effects being some headaches (which are generally cleared right up by choline supplementation). I would recommend starting with piracetam and choline, and seeing how that goes for you. Sulbutiamine is a synthetic form of thiamine (a B vitamin) and is good for energy, and is much more available to the brain than traditional B supplements.

As for non "drug" supplements, things like fish oil are always good for your brain, likewise, a low carb, near-ketogenic diet, with an emphasis on Omega 3s. Ginko may or may not help (studies seem split on the verdict) and Acetyl L-Carnatine + ALA is a good one too.

Natural ingredients only. I'm not really comfortable taking drugs.

Cannabis helps with anxiety, coffee is a good source of caffiene, green tea can provide L-theanine, and tobacco has nicotine, a thoroughly researched compound with known positive effects on cognition, alertness, and neuroplasticity...

...just to give you an idea of why your distinction about "natural" ingredients is more or less moot.

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
Just wanted to post a quick update:

I have been very impressed with my stack in the past few days. I am truly feeling the benefits from them at all times, even 8-10 hours after taking them. The social improvements in particular.

I feel the Nootropics are unlocking the potential I have always had, I am understanding and remembering things regularly and I understand whole concepts rather than just steps to solve a problem.

For the first time in months I have felt like my old self, it had been at least 5 months since I have truly felt my old outgoing personality pre-concussion. I am completely amazed by how these have worked, and I am not addicted, I take them once a day during the week and never on weekends (with a few exceptions).

I will once again put them to the test this weekend when I take the ACT.

I wasn't sure what to expect when they said it takes a few weeks for the effects to fully kick in, but I understand now, and its uncanny. I feel wonderful, with my only side effects being stomach aches within the first hour of taking them because I drink some hand squeezed juice with them but don't eat anything, and I am tired once in a while, but a nap does the trick for that. And who knows the fatigue could be my grueling workout/run/school/study/sleep schedule all adding up, but who knows!

I am finally feeling like I will fully recover from my concussion, and it is such a relief.

Hope all is well with everyone!

Cheers,
Sam

Brander

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Jun 3, 2011
Australia, USA, Europe
Artichoke extract + forskolin almost as good as Modafinil. I was told...

And "new mood" is basically 5HTP (the natural plant extract, not synthetic). You can get it much, much, much cheaper than that as "5HTP". 5HTP does work, especially if you are prone to depression.

joschi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Sep 12, 2012
Berlin
Alpha Brain testing: First report after 10 Days.

Some time ago I posted that I just have ordered AphaBrain. Just want to let you know my results:
Circumstances: I am still recovering from a serious mononucleosis so results may not be accurate!
Right at the moment I can’t do any sports, because the slightest physical stress I`ve get an nettle rash. The illness is basically away but my immune system is overreacting in a result. It will take several more weeks to settle down and acting normal again.

What did i take the last 10 days?
Alpha Brain: 1 in the morning 1 after noon
Shroomtech Sports: 1 in the morning
New Mood: 2 before bed.

- Overall Performance:
I don’t feel a great increase compared to the time before my illness, but compared to the actual time it’s a pretty good increase of brainpower. I have to take anti allergic pills here and there, before Alpha Brain those knocked me out totally. With Alpha Brain I can at least think and work. It feels like I am a little more focused, “the fog is cleared†and this at almost any time over the day.

- Motivation:
I think it`s up a good portion, but maybe that’s an effect from “Think and grow rich†which I am reading right now.
- Falling as sleep:
Works great! Quitting caffeine brought an increase, quitting smoking brought an increase and New Mood brought another one! It’s really easy for me right now to chill and fall as sleep very fast!

- Dreaming:
Increased rapidly! Till Alpha Brain I rarely could remember a dream at all! The first 2 days there was nothing, since then I can remember my dreams nearly every day and in much detail! And there is some really weird shit going on! I’ve dreamed at least the first chapter of a steam punk novel! Some examples: - I was fighting against Hitler as a spy in a steam punk world, postmodern with technology from the next century. – I was professional skiing in a really strange world. – My mechanic drove me to work and to shopping because my car was broken. To name just 3 dreams. I can really remember them in good detail.

- Getting up in the morning
gets a lot easier. I have my problems to get started before 9:30 what is not very good because my 9-5 starts at 9 ;). It feels like no problem right at the moment, and I don’t go to bed any earlier.

At least I can say there is a effect. If it’s worth the money? That’s hard to say. I will order another bottle of pills to continue testing. Maybe I take a break for a few days and see if there is any difference. If you plan to make a fantasy game or something creative the dreams may help! I am really looking forward to test this after i am fully recovered!

With kind regards
joschi

awkwardgenius

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jul 28, 2012
Southern California
My current stack consists of pramiracetam, cdp-choline, centrophenoxine, bacopa, and fish oil. I also do an Alcar+ALA most of the time, but avoid it on an empty stomach since the ALA causes reflux. For days when my sleep is all jacked up, I'll pop a modafinil. For days I anticipate physical activity, or just need a boost, but not bad enough to us moda, I'll have some sulbutiamine. I will also be using this to enhance my workouts soon. Also occasionally supplement all of the above with caffeine.

Almost out of my first bottle of prami, so I'm going to be trying aniracetam and piracetam here shortly. May try stacking them. Starting to shift back to a keto diet, so we'll see how much that augments the effects.

To be perfectly honest, I can't say I "feel" any different at all. But I can say I've made more progress toward my goals in the last month than in the last two years combined. There's no laser focus or overwhelming motivation to get stuff done, but when I finish the day and look back at what I've accomplished, it's always far more than I'd have expected.

To add to that, creativity is through the roof. Always coming up with new ideas. Connections are made quickly and easily. New business ideas are constantly bubbling up. Conversation is fluid. Social interaction is smooth. Things are GOOD.

Got some noopept on the way...gonna try stacking that with all this other stuff. Overall though, I have to attribute much of the progress I've made lately to the noots. I don't think I'd have been able to to stay as focused as I have without them. I can't wait to see how much more I'm able to do as I lose some weight, consistently eat healthy (low carb), and add exercise into the mix. I can't help but feel like I'll be pretty much unstoppable once I get my health and fitness sorted out, and continue to dial in my stack.

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
Going to save some space by not quoting the last two responses:

Joschi:

I'm sorry to hear about your illness, but similar to my injury, we are on the road to being back to where we were.

I really think that the Nootropics will help my brain, and could probably really help the mental aspect of your recovery, aside from all the effects we take them for, Nootropics have been proven to protect the brain, and are used to treat conditions such as Alzheimer's.

New Mood sounds absolutely amazing! I finished my "trial" of Alpha and Shroomtech Sport. I liked Alpha but thought it wasn't strong enough alone, and did not feel any effect with Shroomtech. You said it helps you get up in the morning, do you think it would motivate me to get up and run at 5:30am everyday? I have a grueling schedule and workout around 5 anyways, but I would like to start becoming an early riser to free up some time. On a normal day I wake up at 6:45am which I normally do fine with (And I go to sleep at around 1am), and about once a week (Normally Thursday) I grab an hour or two nap to recover on some sleep. Currently when I am trying to get up at 5:30 I have an overbearing tiredness and headache and its so much easier to go back to bed. Although I must give myself some credit because its 5:45 now and I am up and about to go for my run.

I'm interested to see how your further testing goes, keep us posted!

Have you thought about supplementing your premade supplements with something such as a racetam?

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
Awkward:

Wonderful to find another Noot user on the forums, I knew I wasn't the only one!

How is Pramiracetam? I have read a lot about it but have only tried Anti, which I think you will really like especially if you are in consulting, it does wonders for social skills.

What are you taking Centrophenoxine and Bacopa for? Would you recommend?

My biggest question is on Modafinil. It was the first Noot I read about, and to be completely honest it seems like the top notch Noot. I am especially interested because of the extended time on it that allows up to 40 hours of time awake without sleep, what I am currently taking doesn't currently keep me up so fatigue and sleepiness often take away from some good time at night I could use to do homework, read, do business, etc. How is it? Do you like it? Would you recommend it? Do you have a script or did you buy it off script?

Aside from a slight energetic feel and sometimes a supreme being feel, I guess I don't feel much either, but I can notice my improvements in focus, social skills, motivation, etc. I agree with you completely on making new connections, I can think on the spot really well. I feel like the motivation is really hidden, and its more of a motivation to do SOMETHING, productive or not, I once sat at my desk learning a new pen spin for 2 hours, and its better than watching tv or sleeping, but definitely not productive.

When you are off your stack (6-10 hours after taking) do you still feel the effects? That is one thing I have been amazed with, especially with the social skills, I have them all the time now. The outing personality, the joking, the quick tongue, they are almost always present. Same with the "unlocked" memory and motivation which I sometimes feel even off of my stack.

Working out will definitely help with peace of mind and body, and just overall feeling. Definitely helps relieve stress which allows the Noots to enable you to concentrate and do what you need to do. I use working out as much as a stress relieve as I do to get a hot body :p

awkwardgenius

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jul 28, 2012
Southern California
How is Pramiracetam?

I like it. I started with it because I know it's more potent than pira and ani. Prami is the only one I've tried solo, but the last couple days, I've been stacking pira w/ prami, and today, I did all three. Honestly, still not "feeling" anything...but it seems like it's been a productive night!

My biggest question is on Modafinil. It was the first Noot I read about, and to be completely honest it seems like the top notch Noot.

Technically not a noot, but definitely good for alertness and focus. I've been more or less using it for its intended purpose, which is wakefulness. Honestly, I have a REALLY jacked up sleep schedule. I'm launching a consulting business while working full time as a system admin, graveyard shift. It's pretty crazy. So yeah...it's just helping me maintain functionality. I'm sure if I were in good shape, maintaining an otherwise normal sleep schedule, I could probably use it to power through some all-nighters. As it stands, it's just helping me keep up baseline.

When you are off your stack (6-10 hours after taking) do you still feel the effects?

That's a tough question, since I don't feel anything. But I can say I haven't been tempted to play video games or otherwise veg out when I should be working...even if I'm not on noots. So I suppose there's some carryover.

What are you taking Centrophenoxine and Bacopa for? Would you recommend?

Bacopa has a fairly decent track record for improving long term memory in clinical studies, but it takes several weeks to start really workig. I guess it's working? I dunno. It's not hurting. As for centro, I am taking it on the recommendation of a friend of mine...cognitive neuroscientist. He likes the stuff, and that's a good enough endorsement for me. Here's a page explaining what it does:

Centrophenoxine, what is it? | Smart Drugs for Thought

(and incidentally, where I order most of my noots. I don't do that powder crap. Can't handle all that nonsense)

joschi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Sep 12, 2012
Berlin
@InLikeFlint
I don’t know if it is shroom tech what helps me to get up; I don’t know if it has an effect at all.
I think it’s more about New Mood. Since I slept well and deep I am more recovered in the morning.
Some time ago I took “Fitline Power Cocktail” daily in the morning but it’s more a natural food supplement. That was something what really helped me to get up in the morning. After taking it for a while I even started running, and that’s something I really don’t like. Unfortunately all at all it’s very expensive.
And no, I don’t thought about mixing so far. I am extreme suspicious with things I don’t know, and so far I didn’t had the time to do more research…

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
Technically not a noot, but definitely good for alertness and focus. I've been more or less using it for its intended purpose, which is wakefulness. Honestly, I have a REALLY jacked up sleep schedule. I'm launching a consulting business while working full time as a system admin, graveyard shift. It's pretty crazy. So yeah...it's just helping me maintain functionality. I'm sure if I were in good shape, maintaining an otherwise normal sleep schedule, I could probably use it to power through some all-nighters. As it stands, it's just helping me keep up baseline.

Do you have a prescription for it?

joschi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Sep 12, 2012
Berlin
Okay so my Alpha Brain will lasts for 3 days starting tomorrow.

Since I had some crazy dreams again this night which I can clearly remember, I will order some more to keep up testing.

@ InLikeFlint, some time ago you said you have some discount codes… Are they for xbrain.co.uk to?

With kind regards
Patrick

awkwardgenius

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jul 28, 2012
Southern California
Do you have a prescription for it?

Nope...mymodafinil.net got it to me in a couple weeks. Pretty reputable seller. Modup.net is supposed to be good for the UK.

I could get a script for it pretty easily, since I do shift work, and my sleep schedule is all manner of jacked up. Not for long though. The noots have at least gotten me to the point where I can make progress on my fastlane, and I should be out of the employment game in short order.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.