The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Nootropics & I (Progress Thread)

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
I'm just very skeptical of most products out there. The vitamin industry is like the wild west. Probably worse than Wall Street. The FDA is an absolute waste. There's no one really watching or regulating what they do, or the claims that they make. Plus, you will never know the long term effects until a long time from now.

I'd love to take something like this, and it may work short term. I'm more worried about if anything will affect me a few years from now. I found that by doing Intermittent fasting, combined with a Paleo diet, my focus and energy have gone way up. It seems to be the much healthier choice.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
My friend tried modafinil and he said it worked for him. He worked from morning to evening nonstop without feeling tired and was very focused and felt good. I have found this site that sells it without prescription but still havent had the time to buy it. I'm currently testing something else for relaxation and stress called Phenubut.

Oh that's sweet, I have heard great things about Modafinil, but the prescription is one barrier to get around (I'm aware there are sites that sell it off prescription).

I've heard of Phenubut, how is that working for you?

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
My job will involve lots of time on the phone and in meetings, especially in the first months. So I guess its very different from the other kinds of "work" that you describe here, which is done alone and needs concentration (like school/college work, coding, research, etc).

So my question is: has anybody experience with using smart drugs and/or nootropics for this kind of "extroverted" work?

There definitely is, if you are looking for help speaking, Aniracetam has been known to give the ability to speak like Morgan Freeman (Content rather than voice of course). Additionally, Aniracetam increases creativity, so that could help your extroverted work as well. As an added bonus, Aniracetam has also been known to decrease anxiety which could make phone calls and meetings a heck of a lot easier.

I think that paired with something for energy and/or memory would be good, being able to be alert and energized on the phone or in a meeting, or being able to spit facts out would also be beneficial.

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
I'd love to take something like this, and it may work short term. I'm more worried about if anything will affect me a few years from now. I found that by doing Intermittent fasting, combined with a Paleo diet, my focus and energy have gone way up. It seems to be the much healthier choice.

And that is a risk we are taking, in hopes that either:

A) The short term effects will be enough to get us where we need to be (Socially, financially, educationally, etc)
B) There won't be any long term problems

I think of it like this, we are taking these to be beneficial to us, to better ourselves. We aren't wake and baking, which has been proven to be "Safe" but obviously is bad for your brain and lungs, there are definitely long term bad effects of basically everything. Watching too much tv is bad for your eyes, smoking cigarettes can cause cancer, mouth diseases, bad for lungs, drinking is bad for your liver and impairs your judgement, even too much water can kill you. Driving is extremely dangerous, but everyone still does it.

Nothing is safe, its all about how you handle yourself, and how you pace yourself by not doing extreme amounts.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
77013B0A-D5F0-344E-1F22960D91591F94.jpg

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
- Update -

Received my CDP Choline, NALT, and Caffeine today, will be using them tonight to study and will report back after that!

Shaft

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 24, 2012
You've done some good research Flint!

I just happen to be starting a new Nootropic company right now so I would be happy to help you with questions you may have; I am sure you and I both can learn a thing or two. Longecity is a great forum to start at for information on Noots.

You've definitely taken a step in the right direction by dropping the pre-made supplements (Alpha Brain). They are extremely overpriced and do not provide a high enough amount of each ingredient to truly get a strong dose. (Talking myself out of my own business here :smx4: My product is very similar to Alpha Brain but with less ingredients so each ingredient can REALLY be felt.) With that being said; Alpha Brain is the top Nootropic out there and they definitely charge for it.

Making your own stacks with different individual pills is the best way to go for your individual benefit. It is extremely cheap and lasts a long time compared to the pre-formulated ones. One thing I do not suggest doing is making your own capsules at home. Buying the bulk powder is cheap yes, but making the pills is very time consuming and frustrating. The powder gets everywhere, its impossible to accurately mix the powders (if you were planning on doing that), the capsules fall apart, and the worst is when your capsule maker just won't cooperate. In my opinion its worth the few extra dollars to just buy the pills from amazon. :tiphat:

Like I said though; feel free to private message me if you have any questions about nootropics or want to have a discussion about them! There is always room for learning :)

Good luck in school with that amount of studying! No drug can supplement extreme determination like you have.

JAWS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 25, 2012
Chicago, IL
Cheers Flint. I love taking aniracetam with a cup of coffee. It is a brain boost to the MAX!

While the Noots are great, your diet is even more important. If you want to maximize your brain function, you need to first eliminate unnecessary inflammation in the brain. That means taking a pass on most carbohydrates. I would check out The Bulletproof Executive. Dave Asprey is a Silicon Valley Angel and he's devoted $250,000 to optimizing his brain and body function. He might be able to provide you with some words of wisdom.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
So, you're cheating?

EDIT: Cheating is subjective, of course. When you get to a certain level (I went to NYU Stern for a year, which sounds like a school you'd be shooting for) you'll notice that it's pretty much dog eat dog and people will do anything to get further. I stayed away from any 'brain drugs' in order to improve studying. I ended up with a 3.0 which is mediocre. Of course, brain drugs aren't the worst things you can do in academics.

I'll read up a little bit more on nootropics before I judge anybody who uses them for whatever purpose (I don't care if bodybuilders use steroids to get bigger: that's what they want to do, so be it). But I feel like it could be dangerous if you suddenly go off of them after regularly using them.

Good luck recovering from your concussion. That stuff can have lifelong consequences, like recurring headaches.

G

GuestUser8117

Beware Inlikeflint. You could end up like a f*cked up zombie. I'm sure these meds can F*ck your brain.

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
You've done some good research Flint!

I just happen to be starting a new Nootropic company right now so I would be happy to help you with questions you may have; I am sure you and I both can learn a thing or two. Longecity is a great forum to start at for information on Noots.

You've definitely taken a step in the right direction by dropping the pre-made supplements (Alpha Brain). They are extremely overpriced and do not provide a high enough amount of each ingredient to truly get a strong dose. (Talking myself out of my own business here :smx4: My product is very similar to Alpha Brain but with less ingredients so each ingredient can REALLY be felt.) With that being said; Alpha Brain is the top Nootropic out there and they definitely charge for it.

Making your own stacks with different individual pills is the best way to go for your individual benefit. It is extremely cheap and lasts a long time compared to the pre-formulated ones. One thing I do not suggest doing is making your own capsules at home. Buying the bulk powder is cheap yes, but making the pills is very time consuming and frustrating. The powder gets everywhere, its impossible to accurately mix the powders (if you were planning on doing that), the capsules fall apart, and the worst is when your capsule maker just won't cooperate. In my opinion its worth the few extra dollars to just buy the pills from amazon. :tiphat:

Like I said though; feel free to private message me if you have any questions about nootropics or want to have a discussion about them! There is always room for learning :)

Good luck in school with that amount of studying! No drug can supplement extreme determination like you have.

That's awesome to hear.

I agree that the premades seem a lot worse than the straight up supplements I have been taking, but with Amazons new rule, hardly any Nootropics (Primarily Racetams) are allowed on, and if they are on there they are powders. Otherwise I would rather have pills. Not sure what to do about that, would you be able to refer me to some good companies?

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
Beware Inlikeflint. You could end up like a f*cked up zombie. I'm sure these meds can F*ck your brain.

Haha alright, I will be sure to be careful. Thanks for the heads up!

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
Cheers Flint. I love taking aniracetam with a cup of coffee. It is a brain boost to the MAX!

While the Noots are great, your diet is even more important. If you want to maximize your brain function, you need to first eliminate unnecessary inflammation in the brain. That means taking a pass on most carbohydrates. I would check out The Bulletproof Executive. Dave Asprey is a Silicon Valley Angel and he's devoted $250,000 to optimizing his brain and body function. He might be able to provide you with some words of wisdom.

Thanks for the link! I will for sure take a look at it. I have aniracetam on the way, and I can't wait to give it a go!

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
So, you're cheating?

EDIT: Cheating is subjective, of course. When you get to a certain level (I went to NYU Stern for a year, which sounds like a school you'd be shooting for) you'll notice that it's pretty much dog eat dog and people will do anything to get further. I stayed away from any 'brain drugs' in order to improve studying. I ended up with a 3.0 which is mediocre. Of course, brain drugs aren't the worst things you can do in academics.

I'll read up a little bit more on nootropics before I judge anybody who uses them for whatever purpose (I don't care if bodybuilders use steroids to get bigger: that's what they want to do, so be it). But I feel like it could be dangerous if you suddenly go off of them after regularly using them.

Good luck recovering from your concussion. That stuff can have lifelong consequences, like recurring headaches.

I've completely come to terms with it, I know it's wrong and immoral and gives me an unfair advantage, but there was an unfair disadvantage in my life (Concussion). It has left me way way way way (2 months of work) behind, with a week until exams and a mean group of teachers making me learn on my own. Not to mention that terrible short term memory (I miss my chem lab pretty regularly). That doesn't justify me taking them, but that's my personal motivation for doing so.

Haha yeah, I get lots of headaches, long term effects, let's hope not. But whatever happens I can always adjust the way I live to accommodate. For a while I was having very bad insomnia, and I am thrilled to say I can fall asleep on my own finally!

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Its not an unfair advantage.
Its not wrong.
Its not immoral.

Everybody is free to change his diet and take legal supplements to improve his mental and physical performance. Don't let any do-gooders tell you otherwise man.

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
Its not an unfair advantage.
Its not wrong.
Its not immoral.

Everybody is free to change his diet and take legal supplements to improve his mental and physical performance. Don't let any do-gooders tell you otherwise man.

I mean, is it that different from an athlete taking steroids? That's illegal, and frowned upon.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
I mean, is it that different from an athlete taking steroids? That's illegal, and frowned upon.

There are so many legal steroid type supplements that you could walk down the street and pick some up right now, and honestly unlike in traditional sports, steroids/hard supplements are not really looked down upon at the gym.

The important thing with using steroids as a teenager is making sure you don't haywire your hormonal system because that could effect you negatively for the rest of your life (besides there is no reason to take steroids as a teen anyways). It's the same basic principle with nootropics, your brain is still developing as a teenager and you simply don't know how it will effect your brain in the long run, these are supplements which mean they are not put through the rigorous testing that prescription and OTC drugs are. Just because a guy says noots have had no effect on him, does that mean they are safe, my great grandmother lived to be 95 or something and smoked all her life, does that mean cigarettes are now fine for your health???

So what I am trying to say is you really have no clue what taking these could be doing to you negatively, I would either use them sparingly or if you are insistent on trying all different types of noots, I would do it the right way and consult a doctor, get regular tests, and have your health monitored by a professional; that way you can tell if something negative is happening hopefully before you do any permanent damage and if you live you can come back with real world evidence that noots are safe-ish for teens; if you turn into a vegetable, at least other can learn from your mistakes before they make them themselves.

I would also say this is the perfect topic to film a documentary on, take different noots, go get brain scans of your brain on and off them, do tests to see if you are actually any smarter or just think you are smarter. Then once the video is done, sell it from your website along side your own line of noots, you might even become an authority in the nootropics industry

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
There are so many legal steroid type supplements that you could walk down the street and pick some up right now, and honestly unlike in traditional sports, steroids/hard supplements are not really looked down upon at the gym.

The important thing with using steroids as a teenager is making sure you don't haywire your hormonal system because that could effect you negatively for the rest of your life (besides there is no reason to take steroids as a teen anyways). It's the same basic principle with nootropics, your brain is still developing as a teenager and you simply don't know how it will effect your brain in the long run, these are supplements which mean they are not put through the rigorous testing that prescription and OTC drugs are. Just because a guy says noots have had no effect on him, does that mean they are safe, my great grandmother lived to be 95 or something and smoked all her life, does that mean cigarettes are now fine for your health???

So what I am trying to say is you really have no clue what taking these could be doing to you negatively, I would either use them sparingly or if you are insistent on trying all different types of noots, I would do it the right way and consult a doctor, get regular tests, and have your health monitored by a professional; that way you can tell if something negative is happening hopefully before you do any permanent damage and if you live you can come back with real world evidence that noots are safe-ish for teens; if you turn into a vegetable, at least other can learn from your mistakes before they make them themselves.

I would also say this is the perfect topic to film a documentary on, take different noots, go get brain scans of your brain on and off them, do tests to see if you are actually any smarter or just think you are smarter. Then once the video is done, sell it from your website along side your own line of noots, you might even become an authority in the nootropics industry

The movie and noot line idea is really good. I'm wondering how I would contact a director with the idea? I mean Limitless was a huge success, something like that but with tests and info, nothing super boring, possibly even something for theaters.

Tony71

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Mar 21, 2011
Irvine, CA
I tried it once and it makes you feel very relax and I it knocked me out had 10 hours of sleep which I never had before.
Now I was sick with a cold and I had Nyquil the night befor so I'm not sure if that had any effect or not.

I'm waiting to feel better and take it again and see what happens.

Oh that's sweet, I have heard great things about Modafinil, but the prescription is one barrier to get around (I'm aware there are sites that sell it off prescription).

I've heard of Phenubut, how is that working for you?

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
I tried it once and it makes you feel very relax and I it knocked me out had 10 hours of sleep which I never had before.
Now I was sick with a cold and I had Nyquil the night befor so I'm not sure if that had any effect or not.

I'm waiting to feel better and take it again and see what happens.

Awesome, can't wait to hear more results.

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
- Update -

Have been using these for a little over 2 weeks and things are going extremely well.

This past week I had exams and I used them within the exams and all I can say is WOW!, what an awesome effect, I was able to completely concentrate on the exam, I got to work, I knew what I had to do and I knew I had the knowledge to complete the exam. I was able to avoid frustration within problems and use logic to answer questions I didn't understand at first. Definitely a great tool to use before testing.

I took the long weekend off from Noots (Fri-Mon) to see if I experienced any withdrawals or odd symptoms from not being on it. Nothing at all. I didn't feel like I was any worse off than I was to begin with, and I seemed to have retained all the information I learned well on them. I even felt a few of the effects had remained such as better speech, clearer thinking, less anxiety, and improved memory.

I have been trying different combinations, and taking things individually to see what each adds to the overall picture and here is what I have come up with:

Aniracetam - Improves speech, reduces anxiety, improves focus

Sulbutiamine - Improved memory and focus

Caffeine - Energy boost and a little bit of added focus, but a little jittery for the first hour or so

NALT - Improved focus and motivation, I feel like I need to do something, anything, doesn't have to be productive

Lion's Mane Mushroom - Needs to be taken with food or you will get a stomach ache, but improves my stomach overall from what I could tell, better long term memory

Choline - Improved memory

Obviously my effects could be different from someone else's. I think the big thing is to take them and immediately have a schedule to follow with what you need to do, taking it and trying to find something to consume your time will result in youtube videos for hours, not productive whatsoever.

I will report back later with further effects, so far so good!

Cheers,
Flint

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Flint,

I don't have the focus to actually research each of these chemicals. Not shitting you lol. Are there any all in one ready to rock options that have awesome results?

Is there an easy combo that I could go to GNC tomorrow and buy that would work great?

Thanks bud

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

joschi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Sep 12, 2012
Berlin
Just ordered a pack of alpha brain, shroomtech sport, and new mood from the UK distributor. hope to have them by the end of the week and will share them with my girlfriend who currently has her exam preparation. Will report my results as soon as I can.

Haha I ordered the trinity pack 2 days ago without knowing from this thread: D
I just was to curious not to try it!
I also ordered from a UK distributor. May I ask where you ordered? For me it was xbrain.cu.uk

After reading you`re post @InLikeFlint i cant wait to trye it out myself!

greetings
joschi

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Haha I ordered the trinity pack 2 days ago without knowing from this thread: D
I just was to curious not to try it!
I also ordered from a UK distributor. May I ask where you ordered? For me it was xbrain.cu.uk

After reading you`re post @InLikeFlint i cant wait to trye it out myself!

greetings
joschi

Yeah, I ordered from xbrain too. They're pretty fast for international shipping, my first order arrived after just 5 days :) Maybe even faster in Germany compared to Switzerland.

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
Flint,

I don't have the focus to actually research each of these chemicals. Not shitting you lol. Are there any all in one ready to rock options that have awesome results?

Is there an easy combo that I could go to GNC tomorrow and buy that would work great?

Thanks bud

Sorry to hear about your bad focus. I don't think GNC carries anything, or at least not an All-In-One...you should do what the other beginners in the thread are doing and try Onnit's Alpha Brain/New Mood/Shroomtech Sport or Maven Lab's Brainstack, those are all in ones that are really well rounded and help many aspects of the brain instead of getting single nootropics for each aspect.

To everyone else, let me know how you like Onnit's stuff when you get it, I haven't tried New Mood yet...I though Alpha was really good (Brainstack is supposed to be even better) and Shroomtech did virtually nothing for me.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
So I should look into brainstack or alphabraon?

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
So I should look into brainstack or alphabraon?

Order a pack of each and test for yourself. They're not that expensive. I think everybodys reaction is different.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
OK. So I have done a little research. What do y'all pill junkies think about taking pramiracetam and choline together instead of an all in one?

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
OK. So I have done a little research. What do y'all pill junkies think about taking pramiracetam and choline together instead of an all in one?

Flint does that and says it has an even better effect.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.