The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

No one else is doing this! Why?

Invictus

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Apr 6, 2016
Louisiana
I'm a bit confused. What exactly is it that you want to teach and write about?

You say that there's no competition, but competition is not necessarily a bad thing. For one, it shows that there is a market/interest for your product/service. No competition might be a billion-dollar idea, or it might just mean no one is interested in paying money for it.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I didn't know there were any "new" ideas. Humans have been around for a long time. But, to answer your question, research and test. Then research some more and test some more... There must be something that is close to your idea, where you can find some data. Try your idea out on real people.

DamienDee

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Jul 29, 2018
So, if I'm reading you correctly - you have an 'idea' - you don't want to share it with us in case it gets stolen.

But in your gut you believe this idea is marketable.

Were I in your shoes, I'd TEST the idea. You could do this in a variety of ways, but this is what I'd do.

1) Create a facebook ad, targeted at my potential audience The ad invites them to read an article about your idea.

I'd then see if my target seems interested as I think they would be in my infromation (time 2 hours to set up, 5 days to test Cost.. Maybe $40-$50)

2) If test 1 had promising results, then I'd keep advertising on facebook, but now I'd promote my product on the landing page, telling them it's coming out soon (provide a date) and if they leave their email with me now they'll get 50% off (or whatever) as the early adopters special discount.

If people give an email for a discount on the prodcut when it comes out, then you know you have something worth investing all your time in. If not, then you need to work out why this test failed - Is it the product? The pricing? Bad landing page copy? Are you not marketing it to the ideal demogrpahic?

At least this way you invest minimum effort for maximum information.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
I had a dream today
From thats dream I came up with an idea.

The thing is that no one else is doing it, no one is selling it.

I'm talking about value information that I have and I can make a course with it or something like that, I haven't decided yet what I'm going to do with this information that I got theouth my own experiences and lots of books.

There is some free information about this on the internet but it sucks

I believe mine is much better and actually works. I believe I can help people and change them.

So I started to look for my competitors and see what they are doing so I can make it better.
But there is no competition.
No one else is doing it!

So why is that? There is a lot of people who would like to have this information. They have money and they are used to spend money online.

For some reason there is no one selling this information.
Or they are but it is not focused on this specific issue.

So here is my question

What are the most important things when you are on the idea stage?

What tips can you give me to help me decide if this is a good idea or not?
Is it profitable or not?
How can I know if people is willing to pay for this information?
Is there a way that I can test if it's going to be successful or not?

Anything else that you can tell me will be much appreciated!

If you need more information just let me know!

Thanks in advance!!!

giphy.gif

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Who is your audience?
What actual need/problem are you solving?
Would they pay for it?

REALLLLLLY hard to give definitive answers when we're shooting in the dark about the idea.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
The answer is probably because it’s hard to do. I had a dream, reliable, electric, high quality cars for $10,000! I couldn’t believe that nobody is doing it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Richard Branson had a GREAT idea. I wish it existed today. I heard about it, but then, nothing. It seems to have vanished.

His idea was air travel that went UP, out of the atmosphere, letting the earth rotate, and then came down to whatever destination you wanted. You could go anywhere in the world in an hour or less using this method.

Now THAT seems like a great idea that is guaranteed to be a winner. I'd be taking a bunch of trips every year using that method. Get on it!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.