• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

No one else is doing this! Why?

Discussion in 'Ideas, Needs, Concept Feedback' started by Lisandro, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Lisandro

Lisandro New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $43
    I had a dream today

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  2. Invictus

Invictus Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,356
    I'm a bit confused. What exactly is it that you want to teach and write about?

You say that there's no competition, but competition is not necessarily a bad thing. For one, it shows that there is a market/interest for your product/service. No competition might be a billion-dollar idea, or it might just mean no one is interested in paying money for it.

Arun Siva, Huracan, Jlaugh and 7 others like this.
  3. WJK

WJK Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,812
    I didn't know there were any "new" ideas. Humans have been around for a long time. But, to answer your question, research and test. Then research some more and test some more... There must be something that is close to your idea, where you can find some data. Try your idea out on real people.

ZF Lee likes this.
  4. DamienDee

DamienDee Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $262
    So, if I'm reading you correctly - you have an 'idea' - you don't want to share it with us in case it gets stolen.

But in your gut you believe this idea is marketable.

Were I in your shoes, I'd TEST the idea. You could do this in a variety of ways, but this is what I'd do.

1) Create a facebook ad, targeted at my potential audience The ad invites them to read an article about your idea.

I'd then see if my target seems interested as I think they would be in my infromation (time 2 hours to set up, 5 days to test Cost.. Maybe $40-$50)

2) If test 1 had promising results, then I'd keep advertising on facebook, but now I'd promote my product on the landing page, telling them it's coming out soon (provide a date) and if they leave their email with me now they'll get 50% off (or whatever) as the early adopters special discount.

If people give an email for a discount on the prodcut when it comes out, then you know you have something worth investing all your time in. If not, then you need to work out why this test failed - Is it the product? The pricing? Bad landing page copy? Are you not marketing it to the ideal demogrpahic?

At least this way you invest minimum effort for maximum information.

Lisandro likes this.
  5. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke I am here for your DATA. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $2,951

[​IMG]

Arun Siva likes this.
  6. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $352,602
    Admin Post
    Who is your audience?
    What actual need/problem are you solving?
    Would they pay for it?

REALLLLLLY hard to give definitive answers when we're shooting in the dark about the idea.

Raoul Duke and Invictus like this.
  7. biophase

biophase Legendary Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $167,277
    The answer is probably because it’s hard to do. I had a dream, reliable, electric, high quality cars for $10,000! I couldn’t believe that nobody is doing it.

TheCj and Real Deal Denver like this.
  8. Real Deal Denver

Real Deal Denver Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,777
    Richard Branson had a GREAT idea. I wish it existed today. I heard about it, but then, nothing. It seems to have vanished.

His idea was air travel that went UP, out of the atmosphere, letting the earth rotate, and then came down to whatever destination you wanted. You could go anywhere in the world in an hour or less using this method.

Now THAT seems like a great idea that is guaranteed to be a winner. I'd be taking a bunch of trips every year using that method. Get on it!

Huracan likes this.