The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

No one else is doing this! Why?

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

Invictus

Silver Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Apr 6, 2016
Louisiana
I'm a bit confused. What exactly is it that you want to teach and write about?

You say that there's no competition, but competition is not necessarily a bad thing. For one, it shows that there is a market/interest for your product/service. No competition might be a billion-dollar idea, or it might just mean no one is interested in paying money for it.

WJK

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I didn't know there were any "new" ideas. Humans have been around for a long time. But, to answer your question, research and test. Then research some more and test some more... There must be something that is close to your idea, where you can find some data. Try your idea out on real people.

DamienDee

Contributor
Jul 29, 2018
So, if I'm reading you correctly - you have an 'idea' - you don't want to share it with us in case it gets stolen.

But in your gut you believe this idea is marketable.

Were I in your shoes, I'd TEST the idea. You could do this in a variety of ways, but this is what I'd do.

1) Create a facebook ad, targeted at my potential audience The ad invites them to read an article about your idea.

I'd then see if my target seems interested as I think they would be in my infromation (time 2 hours to set up, 5 days to test Cost.. Maybe $40-$50)

2) If test 1 had promising results, then I'd keep advertising on facebook, but now I'd promote my product on the landing page, telling them it's coming out soon (provide a date) and if they leave their email with me now they'll get 50% off (or whatever) as the early adopters special discount.

If people give an email for a discount on the prodcut when it comes out, then you know you have something worth investing all your time in. If not, then you need to work out why this test failed - Is it the product? The pricing? Bad landing page copy? Are you not marketing it to the ideal demogrpahic?

At least this way you invest minimum effort for maximum information.

Raoul Duke

Turd Ferguson
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Feb 26, 2016
I had a dream today
From thats dream I came up with an idea.

The thing is that no one else is doing it, no one is selling it.

I'm talking about value information that I have and I can make a course with it or something like that, I haven't decided yet what I'm going to do with this information that I got theouth my own experiences and lots of books.

There is some free information about this on the internet but it sucks

I believe mine is much better and actually works. I believe I can help people and change them.

So I started to look for my competitors and see what they are doing so I can make it better.
But there is no competition.
No one else is doing it!

So why is that? There is a lot of people who would like to have this information. They have money and they are used to spend money online.

For some reason there is no one selling this information.
Or they are but it is not focused on this specific issue.

So here is my question

What are the most important things when you are on the idea stage?

What tips can you give me to help me decide if this is a good idea or not?
Is it profitable or not?
How can I know if people is willing to pay for this information?
Is there a way that I can test if it's going to be successful or not?

Anything else that you can tell me will be much appreciated!

If you need more information just let me know!

Thanks in advance!!!

giphy.gif

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Who is your audience?
What actual need/problem are you solving?
Would they pay for it?

REALLLLLLY hard to give definitive answers when we're shooting in the dark about the idea.

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Richard Branson had a GREAT idea. I wish it existed today. I heard about it, but then, nothing. It seems to have vanished.

His idea was air travel that went UP, out of the atmosphere, letting the earth rotate, and then came down to whatever destination you wanted. You could go anywhere in the world in an hour or less using this method.

Now THAT seems like a great idea that is guaranteed to be a winner. I'd be taking a bunch of trips every year using that method. Get on it!

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Hi - I sent out some emails with the updates but I'll PM you now also, thanks. The issue is...
MARKETPLACE NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (Now open for summer enrollment)
Read the free book, some excellent insights. I also did the website quiz and I did a visual on a...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Chris is super sharp and is aware of many facets of entrepreneurship and can help get your...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Any chance to make it available outside of US? It has been available outside of the US on...

Forum Sponsor

Learn Fastlane Business Skills & Get Profitable Within 30 Days...

Get Started Now

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom