The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I made a client $15,000 in 3 days doing what no one else will

Marketing, social media, advertising

Keeton

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 17, 2021
Phoenix, AZ
I have struggled for years in the Ecommerce space with building and scaling brands. I was never good at marketing, and have never had the budget to be able to pay an agency that knows what they're doing when it comes to ads in the social media, and google space. But there was always something I was good at, which was having a high return customer rate. While all my ecommerce brands have failed, I have been pondering on what my next venture would be. It hit me like a train, I was going to start an agency that helps ecommerce businesses significantly increase their return customer rate, as well as their AOV.

I know the Ecom space very well, I have a lot of experience, and I'll just study ecommerce sites for hours a day, while also studying ecommerce brands and reading books on them. Ecom is my passion, and what makes me really excited. So I figured I knew the space good enough to help out other businesses, turns out I was right.

I just recently launched this agency, and I only have one client so far, we agreed to only a retainer of $750 a month, as long as I could use them as a case study. Otherwise my retainer is 2k per month for the agency. After the onboarding call, I got to work, and completed the first campaign in a few days. We sent it out to 1,000 of their existing customers, and within a day, their return customer rate went from 3% to 7%, their AOV increased by 11%, and they saw a couple hundred people follow their Instagram page within the next couple of days(no way to track if that was from my campaign or not) but I hope it was. It has been 4 days since the campaign went out, and we have converted 323 people to go on my clients website and buy a new item, we were able to track this via the QR code, and discount link included on the creative. Their return customer rate is now sitting at about a 8.4%

This campaign brought in over 15K in sales for my client, and only cost them a little over $800 to run the campaign, I'm hoping we'll see more results trickle in from this campaign, but we're sending out a new campaign to 1000 more of their customers, with some slight modifications on the creative to see if I can get it to convert better. Guess we'll see how it goes.

My next steps are to get more clients, and learn more about marketing to increase the conversions on my campaigns. I need to build a sales process to do this, and get new clients coming in. I have asked my current client for referrals, and they gave me two businesses, so I'll reach out to them.

Return customers are what keep ecom businesses alive, so If I can bring good results to my clients, I know there's a demand for my business, and that I'll be able to scale it. My marketing strategy is unique, we're not sending out marketing emails that are getting lost in spam, or ignored. Consumers are blasted with hundreds of marketing emails a day, there had to be a new way to reach them to get results, and I think I figured it out.

I'll try my best to keep this thread updated, I struggle with being active on this forum, but I'm replacing this forum with time I used to spend scrolling social media, so I should be able to start being more helpful to you guys.

Be the change you want to be in the world,

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

eifesu

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 21, 2021
I have struggled for years in the Ecommerce space with building and scaling brands. I was never good at marketing, and have never had the budget to be able to pay an agency that knows what they're doing when it comes to ads in the social media, and google space. But there was always something I was good at, which was having a high return customer rate. While all my ecommerce brands have failed, I have been pondering on what my next venture would be. It hit me like a train, I was going to start an agency that helps ecommerce businesses significantly increase their return customer rate, as well as their AOV.

I know the Ecom space very well, I have a lot of experience, and I'll just study ecommerce sites for hours a day, while also studying ecommerce brands and reading books on them. Ecom is my passion, and what makes me really excited. So I figured I knew the space good enough to help out other businesses, turns out I was right.

I just recently launched this agency, and I only have one client so far, we agreed to only a retainer of $750 a month, as long as I could use them as a case study. Otherwise my retainer is 2k per month for the agency. After the onboarding call, I got to work, and completed the first campaign in a few days. We sent it out to 1,000 of their existing customers, and within a day, their return customer rate went from 3% to 7%, their AOV increased by 11%, and they saw a couple hundred people follow their Instagram page within the next couple of days(no way to track if that was from my campaign or not) but I hope it was. It has been 4 days since the campaign went out, and we have converted 323 people to go on my clients website and buy a new item, we were able to track this via the QR code, and discount link included on the creative. Their return customer rate is now sitting at about a 8.4%

This campaign brought in over 15K in sales for my client, and only cost them a little over $800 to run the campaign, I'm hoping we'll see more results trickle in from this campaign, but we're sending out a new campaign to 1000 more of their customers, with some slight modifications on the creative to see if I can get it to convert better. Guess we'll see how it goes.

My next steps are to get more clients, and learn more about marketing to increase the conversions on my campaigns. I need to build a sales process to do this, and get new clients coming in. I have asked my current client for referrals, and they gave me two businesses, so I'll reach out to them.

Return customers are what keep ecom businesses alive, so If I can bring good results to my clients, I know there's a demand for my business, and that I'll be able to scale it. My marketing strategy is unique, we're not sending out marketing emails that are getting lost in spam, or ignored. Consumers are blasted with hundreds of marketing emails a day, there had to be a new way to reach them to get results, and I think I figured it out.

I'll try my best to keep this thread updated, I struggle with being active on this forum, but I'm replacing this forum with time I used to spend scrolling social media, so I should be able to start being more helpful to you guys.

Sounds like you have got yourself an absolutely insane case study if you have before and after photos. Great job and can’t wait for the updates !

freek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Nov 17, 2022
Netherlands
This sounds awesome! I have a hard time retaining customers, would love to know how you do it and become a client very soon.

Two Dog

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Feb 15, 2022
Yep, recurring revenue helps immensely. So much easier to build the business.

I sent you a DM about a website launch discussion.

Keeton

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 17, 2021
Phoenix, AZ
This sounds awesome! I have a hard time retaining customers, would love to know how you do it and become a client very soon.
Are you ecommerce, or do you offer a service?

Keeton

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 17, 2021
Phoenix, AZ
Sounds like you have got yourself an absolutely insane case study if you have before and after photos. Great job and can’t wait for the updates !
I do have before and after screenshots, I made sure to get the before pictures during the onboarding call lol.

Keeton

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 17, 2021
Phoenix, AZ
Quick update: My client introduced me to their two referrals today, and I have a call with one of them tomorrow, hopefully I can close them and get my second client.

moneytree3006

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 10, 2019
Congrats! Remember to get the video testimonial for the future landing page!!

kr8nt

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Nov 24, 2022
Latvia

This sounds amazing, congratulations, Keeton!

Your post is an actual example that if you don't give up and continue trying, eventually you will reach success, even if it's not going to be exactly what you were trying to do initially, thank you for writing this.

Your post could be a useful read to other people here on the forum that are not able to make any progress because of fear that they won't be able to succeed.

Also, would you be able to share any resources for studying or simply tips that you would recommend to get better at sales and marketing for someone who just recently started? What would say to your own self from years ago when you just started?

dauntless

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Oct 26, 2019
This sounds awesome, brand loyalty has always been a staple in any e-commerce business.
Where do you see e-commerce booming the most? product? digital? subscription?

monnffffiiiiiii

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Oct 16, 2022
Well done!

Can I ask if you know why you failed at your previous e-com brands?

You mentioned marketing, but you seem to be pretty good at it with those numbers.

Do you think you'll try having your own ecom shop again?

Mukuka Jnr

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jan 15, 2024

Which websites do you use to find prospects? I can utilize my copywriting skills

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.