The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

New tie down system

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

zblundell

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 2, 2019
So I was outside the other day putting up my tie down straps and was like “damn I am tired of having to wind up the straps to keep them from getting tangled.” Then it occurred to me. What if there was a quick release self winding tie down strap? Similar to the seatbelt design. Double barrel with a hook design on both ends. Maybe even reuse the seatbelts from junker cars if they are still in good condition.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Bod

PARKED
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Feb 5, 2020
Greensboro , NC
So I was outside the other day putting up my tie down straps and was like “damn I am tired of having to wind up the straps to keep them from getting tangled.” Then it occurred to me. What if there was a quick release self winding tie down strap? Similar to the seatbelt design. Double barrel with a hook design on both ends. Maybe even reuse the seatbelts from junker cars if they are still in good condition.
I know they exist, but I have never used them personally. Maybe there is room for improvement.

OP
OP
Z

zblundell

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 2, 2019
I know they exist, but I have never used them personally. Maybe there is room for improvement.
Definitely room for improvement. Damn ratchets I used the other day were maxed out in length. The self winding straps would be much longer and there would be no issue for length causing entanglement.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 24, 2007
This type of discussion is usually done on the inside. Be careful handing out your ideas.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
I have something similar on my dolly. I'll see if I can find an online picture or just take one of my dolly.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Last edited:
OP
OP
Z

zblundell

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 2, 2019
Ok, I found it. Watch the video and it might help give you an idea. Disregard the Barney Miller music. For you youg ones.... Barney Miller was a tv show back in the day.

That is one bad azz dolly! Thanks for sharing

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
OP
OP
Z

zblundell

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 2, 2019

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Oh yeah, I would like that. A tie down kind of like a seat belt. That hook on the end and then stretch it out and have that hook on the other end too. I'd pay $40-$50 for that....

OP
OP
Z

zblundell

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 2, 2019
What are you tying down? commercial truck loads? or fastening to small carts/wagons?
Commercial trucks can use it because it would have a high tensile strength due to the woven fabric and personal trucks could use it too. I do not believe you could get a vehicle out of the mud or snow with it because it would not be used as a ratcheting function.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
I'd be looking for something like this for just a regular tie down. When people move things in a trailer or in the back of their pickup they need a tie down. That's all I'd be interested in. You could make them in different strengths. Nowadays I just use bungie cords hooked to each other.

OP
OP
Z

zblundell

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 2, 2019
I'd be looking for something like this for just a regular tie down. When people move things in a trailer or in the back of their pickup they need a tie down. That's all I'd be interested in. You could make them in different strengths. Nowadays I just use bungie cords hooked to each other.
Woo hoo I got a customer! When I make it you will get the first one for free.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Woo hoo I got a customer! When I make it you will get the first one for free.
If its good, I know a few people who will buy one. If it's great and at a low enough cost, every race car/show car in this country has atleast 1 keeping it on/in the trailer and not rolling around. Most have 3-10 of them around the trailer.

Gib Berish

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Aug 15, 2018
I'd rather have something like that for the garden hose. Personally, I don't have a problem rolling a strap up, it's hooking the strap and then making it tight or loose. But for rolling something up.... it's the dang hoses.
How 'bout extension cords? - Always a pain...

Veloman

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Feb 10, 2018
Austin
I use metal binder clips to keep them tidy. They can get messy/tangled if lose.

OP
OP
Z

zblundell

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 2, 2019
I never knew these existed! My straps are okay for now but when I need new ones, I am getting these! I know I am being a consumer instead of a producer, but these are what I envisioned in my head. Thank you for finding these so I do not have to spend countless hours on something that already exists.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Here is where you eliminate uncertainty from the future! I wanted to post this image as I...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
TEOTWAWKI SALE!! The apocalypse is here and the end is near! Unstoppable viruses, corrupt...
MARKETPLACE KAK’s “Kill Bigger” Incubation Program- With DAILY personal attention.
Hey Guys! I wanted to give a quick update on what this program has become. In its infancy, we...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock