The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New on the forum... not really new with the Fastlane

fx.lukasx

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Jan 2, 2021
Slovakia
I'm Lukas, 22 y.o.
I've stumbled upon MJ's Millionaire Fastlane back in 2020 during the lockdowns and loved it immediatelly. I've also read all other books from MJ and even occassionaly looked at the forum to read some threads.

Since September last year, I've started working on a mobile app. I've run the CENTS framework and according to my calculations it should work out. Since then I've learned the basics of coding in Swift for iPhones and for Androids as well. I have a concept of the app made already with some functionality but the main feature (and the reason why I think it could be successful) is still not there, without me even knowing how to do it.
It's supposed to be a grocery price comparison app (already available in some countries but still not in mine, so I thought it would be a good idea)

Besides that I:
- bought a domain and made a simple website
- tracked many grocery items
- made spreadsheets

But that's about it. And I think that it's not lot considering when I started. Now I'm in the stage where I'm not excited about doing it. You could say desert of desertion. I just can't get myself to work on it anymore. I've even rented out a place to work because I need to be alone and also to make pressure on myself to make it. But I still can't find any motivation. When I sit down to work, I'd rather stare to the wall. I suppose the problem is just me, I'm not supposed to love the thing I do, just do it, I know but it's extremely hard at this point.

I'm not sharing my work with almost any people, I'm trying to stick to the 'Done kills doubt' but maybe it would help me to have some accountability.

If you have any suggestion or some word, I'd highly appreciate it.
Thank you very much for reading this far.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

fastlane_dad

8 Figure Fastlane Graduate
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
636%
Jun 20, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
I'm Lukas, 22 y.o.
I've stumbled upon MJ's Millionaire Fastlane back in 2020 during the lockdowns and loved it immediatelly. I've also read all other books from MJ and even occassionaly looked at the forum to read some threads.

Since September last year, I've started working on a mobile app. I've run the CENTS framework and according to my calculations it should work out. Since then I've learned the basics of coding in Swift for iPhones and for Androids as well. I have a concept of the app made already with some functionality but the main feature (and the reason why I think it could be successful) is still not there, without me even knowing how to do it.
It's supposed to be a grocery price comparison app (already available in some countries but still not in mine, so I thought it would be a good idea)

Besides that I:
- bought a domain and made a simple website
- tracked many grocery items
- made spreadsheets

But that's about it. And I think that it's not lot considering when I started. Now I'm in the stage where I'm not excited about doing it. You could say desert of desertion. I just can't get myself to work on it anymore. I've even rented out a place to work because I need to be alone and also to make pressure on myself to make it. But I still can't find any motivation. When I sit down to work, I'd rather stare to the wall. I suppose the problem is just me, I'm not supposed to love the thing I do, just do it, I know but it's extremely hard at this point.

I'm not sharing my work with almost any people, I'm trying to stick to the 'Done kills doubt' but maybe it would help me to have some accountability.

If you have any suggestion or some word, I'd highly appreciate it.
Thank you very much for reading this far.
Welcome to the boards. You're not experiencing anything out of the bounds of the typical entrepreneur, just going through the typical ups and downs of the start up stages (I have faced these battles with @NeoDialectic dozens of times in the last 20 years).

Take a breather. None of this is easy. The fact that you are on these boards, are familiar with the 'CENTS' framework, have read MJs books, and put some energy and finances towards this - makes you ahead by 99.5% of all the others. Sometimes it will come to you naturally, other times it's like trying to crawl up a huge mountain of ice , dressed in a glass outfit.

Take it a day at a time, and make small progress where you can. Some is better then none. And more is better then less. There are never right answers, or the right plan.

You are on the right path, and actually have already learned quite a bit and accomplished starting a cents business. Maybe this one won't be the one that comes to full fruition - but you have MANY MANY more years ahead to try and fail all over again (you have to MAKE that part of the fun). And learn how to ride the emotional rollercoaster (sometimes THAT's actually the hardest challenge).

Check out some great threads where I talk about mindset, and where and how to begin and continue / think about your journey. You have many more years ahead of you to shape this into something you are proud of, that one day you can sell. Sometimes you also gotta step away from what you are doing and try a different angle / approach to get some of the motivation back. Good luck and keep us posted with the progress.

How much to invest!
Idea Generation Thread!
My 8-Figure Fastlane Success Story
My Actionable Steps and Mindset (For FASTLANE success)

Last edited:

fx.lukasx

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Jan 2, 2021
Slovakia
Thank you for your response!
The idea of making the whole process fun and not just waiting for the fun to happen until it's all done is a good way to think about it.

If anyone finds this helpful, I've created a sheet for myself with some important points that I personally struggle with, so I can always have it in front of my eyes. I printed it out so if anyone wants, I can share the PDF with you as well.

I'll try to update this thread with some information and progress, not really expecting this thread to be popular or anything, but it would help me to have some public accountability.

Attachments

• 505D470F-D2EF-4A7F-92FA-E7C8A9BA869E.jpeg
    505D470F-D2EF-4A7F-92FA-E7C8A9BA869E.jpeg
    294.3 KB · Views: 11

technobubble

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 21, 2018
Just an idea what I planned to make but backed out due to countless of similar pages, and some are already polished very good (I calculated that I would get some reach and earn from ads but it wouldn't be worth it time/profit wise).
Put all the grocery stores, supermarkets discount newsletters into one website, of course it would be easier with automatization instead of putting the newsletters every week for every store by yourself.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

fx.lukasx

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Jan 2, 2021
Slovakia
The idea with the discounts newsletter isn't bad but there's like 7 of them doing the same thing. The entry barrier is really small, just download like 10 - 20 newsletters each week and publish them on your website... I'd rather do something that's not done so easily and provide more value.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...