The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New Member from jamaica with a serious Question

Shamar Value

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 20, 2016
Chicago
Hi,
My name is Shamar, I currently reside in the City of Chicago.
I have a serious problem at hand and I do need some guidance (Humbly)
Now, I've to notice that the Millenial Generation don't have many options... at least the poor ones.
I am one of them.
my father was a drug dealer and my mother a welfare queen. I did not go to college because I could not afford it and did not want to be in debt til the day I die. + I have no experience in handling money or starting a business, and I'm on my way to citizenship shortly.

I want to pull myself up by my bootstraps, I never ask for handouts and I'm currently working my a$$ now to survive as an IT tech for a nonprofit organization.

How would someone in my predicament go about thriving in this new economy? What mindset must I develop, what can I do? I'm seriously feeling a bit hopeless. if you have any advice i I will take it to a T and execute to a point.

I'm 26,

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Why did you choose your employer logo as your profile picture?

You've been registered here for a year. What made you decide to post?

Non-profit organizations have a perfect track record of underpaying workers (and the big ones, overpaying executives).

You might first look to make a move to a company that can pay you more to do what you do so you can get into a stronger financial position.

Are you on a student visa? What about going to school?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Shamar Value

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 20, 2016
Chicago
The Wright Way Foundation is Foundation founded by me and my sister in order to assist poor countries with everyday needs.
Most young girls in Jamaica find it very hard to get even the basic toiletries.

@MJ - Well no one outright said it. and I know it's not true, so let us disregard it.

I have no problem getting Jobs, I work in the Tech industry and I can land a decent Job, not to mention I don't have any loans or debt on my shoulders.
My mentors are both college prof and I'm allowed to take classes at will.

I just don't know how to go about setting up a profitable business.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Welcome to the forum man.

The great thing about being a millennial is how we've grown up in an age of technological growth.

There are so many great businesses who started out by bootstrapping.

If anything, you have a real advantage. Growing up without money you know how to survive without excess.

The ability to run a business with little funding is pretty hard to come by.

Check out The Power of Broke and The Lean Startup books. If you're short on cash, get a free trial of Audible and download one.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
Hi,
My name is Shamar, I currently reside in the City of Chicago.
I have a serious problem at hand and I do need some guidance (Humbly)
Now, I've to notice that the Millenial Generation don't have many options... at least the poor ones.
I am one of them.
my father was a drug dealer and my mother a welfare queen. I did not go to college because I could not afford it and did not want to be in debt til the day I die. + I have no experience in handling money or starting a business, and I'm on my way to citizenship shortly.

I want to pull myself up by my bootstraps, I never ask for handouts and I'm currently working my a$$ now to survive as an IT tech for a nonprofit organization.

How would someone in my predicament go about thriving in this new economy? What mindset must I develop, what can I do? I'm seriously feeling a bit hopeless. if you have any advice i I will take it to a T and execute to a point.

I'm 26,

Thanks
Welcome!

I like your attitude and willingness to learn. I recommend that you start by reading the Millionaire Fastlane &/or UNSCRIPTED and just start implementing the lessons the best you can

Start a business that fills a need & conforms to the CENTS framework and you will be in very good shape

Congratulations on starting your journey

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...