The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

MattWorks

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jul 8, 2020
Vancouver
Hey all,

Recently joined the forum after reading Unscripted - that book along with a few other books (Will it fly, Principles, Rich Dad Poor Dad, etc.) have inspired me to venture into this space. My father has started his own consulting business and that is going well. I also have a few friends who have startups and are loving the process. I plan to read Fastlane very soon.

Living in Vancouver, I currently work in the engineering and construction world (I work for a medium-sized heavy civil construction company in project management/ estimating). My degree is in Civil Engineering. I was also a certified personal trainer at one point in time. My experience growing up was working in the restaurant, fitness, and engineering/ construction industries. Hobbies of mine include playing guitar, reading (personal growth, business, EQ, etc.), sports, hiking, camping, etc. I am a pretty social guy and love learning.

If someone in Vancouver wants to meet up for a coffee I would love to chat and explore ideas. Alternatively, speaking on this thread or other threads is great too. I consider myself very creative and extremely ambitious and willing to put in the time (kicking a$$ working 90 hours a week for my job seems excessive considering what I am getting in return and the fact I am a creative and ambitious dude who LOVES "figuring shit out"). I love processes and figuring things out for myself - I find that making mistakes helps me really learn things and integrate that into my thought process (engineering grad).

My ultimate goals are to one day give back to my parents for the incredible efforts they put in into raising my siblings and I, to be my own boss, to translate the creative ideas I can come up with to a business, and to inspire others to be apologetically authentic.

Matt

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

tonibob

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jun 22, 2020
London
Hi Matt @MattWorks ,

Welcome to the forum! I believe you will enjoy your time her and learn great deal. I am new as well, but been trolling the forum for awhile now. I run Construction Company at the moment, but I am on my way out of it as it can not be scaled fast enough and demands all my time which is not what I want in life. What are your plans? Keep growing in Construction, changing lanes?
How would you want to achieve your goals, what would be your vehicle?

Best wishes,
Pete

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Hey all,

Recently joined the forum after reading Unscripted - that book along with a few other books (Will it fly, Principles, Rich Dad Poor Dad, etc.) have inspired me to venture into this space. My father has started his own consulting business and that is going well. I also have a few friends who have startups and are loving the process. I plan to read Fastlane very soon.

Living in Vancouver, I currently work in the engineering and construction world (I work for a medium-sized heavy civil construction company in project management/ estimating). My degree is in Civil Engineering. I was also a certified personal trainer at one point in time. My experience growing up was working in the restaurant, fitness, and engineering/ construction industries. Hobbies of mine include playing guitar, reading (personal growth, business, EQ, etc.), sports, hiking, camping, etc. I am a pretty social guy and love learning.

If someone in Vancouver wants to meet up for a coffee I would love to chat and explore ideas. Alternatively, speaking on this thread or other threads is great too. I consider myself very creative and extremely ambitious and willing to put in the time (kicking a$$ working 90 hours a week for my job seems excessive considering what I am getting in return and the fact I am a creative and ambitious dude who LOVES "figuring shit out"). I love processes and figuring things out for myself - I find that making mistakes helps me really learn things and integrate that into my thought process (engineering grad).

My ultimate goals are to one day give back to my parents for the incredible efforts they put in into raising my siblings and I, to be my own boss, to translate the creative ideas I can come up with to a business, and to inspire others to be apologetically authentic.

Matt
Welcome, @MattWorks
Thanks for popping by!

A very good breadth of experiences! Construction plus fitness?
Really rare to find many folks with such a range of interests!

Looking forward to hearing more about your upcoming progress!

MattWorks

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jul 8, 2020
Vancouver
Hi Matt @MattWorks ,

Welcome to the forum! I believe you will enjoy your time her and learn great deal. I am new as well, but been trolling the forum for awhile now. I run Construction Company at the moment, but I am on my way out of it as it can not be scaled fast enough and demands all my time which is not what I want in life. What are your plans? Keep growing in Construction, changing lanes?
How would you want to achieve your goals, what would be your vehicle?

Best wishes,
Pete

Hi Pete,

Construction definitely is a demanding world - good for you for recognizing that the demand does not align with what your life plans are.

I hope to stay in the industry for now so I can pay off my student debt while learning as much as I can with project management (which is a very versatile skill set). During that time I will try and identify "issues" or "problems" that may be able to be solved through new, innovative thinking (whether it be a software tool or a manual tool).

With that being said I am looking basically at every avenue. I am definitely not cornering myself into one industry. For the next little while I am focusing on getting myself out of debt and reading up more on entrepreneurship while always brainstorming ideas that come to mind as I do everyday tasks or activities that I like.

Castillo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Mar 8, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Nice to meet a fellow Vancouverite. I am not originally from here but have been around for 4 years. Enjoy the forum!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...