MattWorks
New Contributor
Hey all,
Recently joined the forum after reading Unscripted - that book along with a few other books (Will it fly, Principles, Rich Dad Poor Dad, etc.) have inspired me to venture into this space. My father has started his own consulting business and that is going well. I also have a few friends who have startups and are loving the process. I plan to read Fastlane very soon.
Living in Vancouver, I currently work in the engineering and construction world (I work for a medium-sized heavy civil construction company in project management/ estimating). My degree is in Civil Engineering. I was also a certified personal trainer at one point in time. My experience growing up was working in the restaurant, fitness, and engineering/ construction industries. Hobbies of mine include playing guitar, reading (personal growth, business, EQ, etc.), sports, hiking, camping, etc. I am a pretty social guy and love learning.
If someone in Vancouver wants to meet up for a coffee I would love to chat and explore ideas. Alternatively, speaking on this thread or other threads is great too. I consider myself very creative and extremely ambitious and willing to put in the time (kicking a$$ working 90 hours a week for my job seems excessive considering what I am getting in return and the fact I am a creative and ambitious dude who LOVES "figuring shit out"). I love processes and figuring things out for myself - I find that making mistakes helps me really learn things and integrate that into my thought process (engineering grad).
My ultimate goals are to one day give back to my parents for the incredible efforts they put in into raising my siblings and I, to be my own boss, to translate the creative ideas I can come up with to a business, and to inspire others to be apologetically authentic.
Matt
Recently joined the forum after reading Unscripted - that book along with a few other books (Will it fly, Principles, Rich Dad Poor Dad, etc.) have inspired me to venture into this space. My father has started his own consulting business and that is going well. I also have a few friends who have startups and are loving the process. I plan to read Fastlane very soon.
Living in Vancouver, I currently work in the engineering and construction world (I work for a medium-sized heavy civil construction company in project management/ estimating). My degree is in Civil Engineering. I was also a certified personal trainer at one point in time. My experience growing up was working in the restaurant, fitness, and engineering/ construction industries. Hobbies of mine include playing guitar, reading (personal growth, business, EQ, etc.), sports, hiking, camping, etc. I am a pretty social guy and love learning.
If someone in Vancouver wants to meet up for a coffee I would love to chat and explore ideas. Alternatively, speaking on this thread or other threads is great too. I consider myself very creative and extremely ambitious and willing to put in the time (kicking a$$ working 90 hours a week for my job seems excessive considering what I am getting in return and the fact I am a creative and ambitious dude who LOVES "figuring shit out"). I love processes and figuring things out for myself - I find that making mistakes helps me really learn things and integrate that into my thought process (engineering grad).
My ultimate goals are to one day give back to my parents for the incredible efforts they put in into raising my siblings and I, to be my own boss, to translate the creative ideas I can come up with to a business, and to inspire others to be apologetically authentic.
Matt
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
