The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO New Member Eager to Learn

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

MattWorks

New Contributor
Jul 8, 2020
Vancouver
Hey all,

Recently joined the forum after reading Unscripted - that book along with a few other books (Will it fly, Principles, Rich Dad Poor Dad, etc.) have inspired me to venture into this space. My father has started his own consulting business and that is going well. I also have a few friends who have startups and are loving the process. I plan to read Fastlane very soon.

Living in Vancouver, I currently work in the engineering and construction world (I work for a medium-sized heavy civil construction company in project management/ estimating). My degree is in Civil Engineering. I was also a certified personal trainer at one point in time. My experience growing up was working in the restaurant, fitness, and engineering/ construction industries. Hobbies of mine include playing guitar, reading (personal growth, business, EQ, etc.), sports, hiking, camping, etc. I am a pretty social guy and love learning.

If someone in Vancouver wants to meet up for a coffee I would love to chat and explore ideas. Alternatively, speaking on this thread or other threads is great too. I consider myself very creative and extremely ambitious and willing to put in the time (kicking a$$ working 90 hours a week for my job seems excessive considering what I am getting in return and the fact I am a creative and ambitious dude who LOVES "figuring shit out"). I love processes and figuring things out for myself - I find that making mistakes helps me really learn things and integrate that into my thought process (engineering grad).

My ultimate goals are to one day give back to my parents for the incredible efforts they put in into raising my siblings and I, to be my own boss, to translate the creative ideas I can come up with to a business, and to inspire others to be apologetically authentic.

Matt

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

tonibob

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jun 22, 2020
London
Hi Matt @MattWorks ,

Welcome to the forum! I believe you will enjoy your time her and learn great deal. I am new as well, but been trolling the forum for awhile now. I run Construction Company at the moment, but I am on my way out of it as it can not be scaled fast enough and demands all my time which is not what I want in life. What are your plans? Keep growing in Construction, changing lanes?
How would you want to achieve your goals, what would be your vehicle?

Best wishes,
Pete

ZF Lee

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Hey all,

Recently joined the forum after reading Unscripted - that book along with a few other books (Will it fly, Principles, Rich Dad Poor Dad, etc.) have inspired me to venture into this space. My father has started his own consulting business and that is going well. I also have a few friends who have startups and are loving the process. I plan to read Fastlane very soon.

Living in Vancouver, I currently work in the engineering and construction world (I work for a medium-sized heavy civil construction company in project management/ estimating). My degree is in Civil Engineering. I was also a certified personal trainer at one point in time. My experience growing up was working in the restaurant, fitness, and engineering/ construction industries. Hobbies of mine include playing guitar, reading (personal growth, business, EQ, etc.), sports, hiking, camping, etc. I am a pretty social guy and love learning.

If someone in Vancouver wants to meet up for a coffee I would love to chat and explore ideas. Alternatively, speaking on this thread or other threads is great too. I consider myself very creative and extremely ambitious and willing to put in the time (kicking a$$ working 90 hours a week for my job seems excessive considering what I am getting in return and the fact I am a creative and ambitious dude who LOVES "figuring shit out"). I love processes and figuring things out for myself - I find that making mistakes helps me really learn things and integrate that into my thought process (engineering grad).

My ultimate goals are to one day give back to my parents for the incredible efforts they put in into raising my siblings and I, to be my own boss, to translate the creative ideas I can come up with to a business, and to inspire others to be apologetically authentic.

Matt
Welcome, @MattWorks
Thanks for popping by!

A very good breadth of experiences! Construction plus fitness?
Really rare to find many folks with such a range of interests!

Looking forward to hearing more about your upcoming progress!

OP
OP
MattWorks

MattWorks

New Contributor
Jul 8, 2020
Vancouver
Hi Matt @MattWorks ,

Welcome to the forum! I believe you will enjoy your time her and learn great deal. I am new as well, but been trolling the forum for awhile now. I run Construction Company at the moment, but I am on my way out of it as it can not be scaled fast enough and demands all my time which is not what I want in life. What are your plans? Keep growing in Construction, changing lanes?
How would you want to achieve your goals, what would be your vehicle?

Best wishes,
Pete

Hi Pete,

Construction definitely is a demanding world - good for you for recognizing that the demand does not align with what your life plans are.

I hope to stay in the industry for now so I can pay off my student debt while learning as much as I can with project management (which is a very versatile skill set). During that time I will try and identify "issues" or "problems" that may be able to be solved through new, innovative thinking (whether it be a software tool or a manual tool).

With that being said I am looking basically at every avenue. I am definitely not cornering myself into one industry. For the next little while I am focusing on getting myself out of debt and reading up more on entrepreneurship while always brainstorming ideas that come to mind as I do everyday tasks or activities that I like.

Castillo

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 8, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Nice to meet a fellow Vancouverite. I am not originally from here but have been around for 4 years. Enjoy the forum!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox' Web School's "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
This year has been quite crazy so far, and a lot of people have reached out to ask me if web...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Got it several weeks ago and have listened to it several times now. I've definitely met both...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Out of curiosity, what types of businesses are you advising on? (I read this whole thread...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just bought 5 of your Upwork courses. Thanks for making valuable content Lex!
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...

Top Bottom