The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Needs to be said... sell the DAMN motorcycle.

Marcelcho

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 6, 2019
Or just ride off-road - roads are too dangerous - being lucky to have beautiful desert just on the edge of the city. Once a year as incentive for work stress i do "1 big sport event" - this year it was Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge (and 2nd goal is off course to boost my self esteem and build stamina). Yes - risk is high but it is up to you to mitigate it (training, speed). It is also interesting to spot various business opportunities - organizing evens can be quite lucrative - or companies organizing "package" for hobby riders. Story is on www.rideoman.com (if link is permitted) or just search for "rideoman dc2019"...
"package" for hobby riders or guided tours was business I tried to get off the ground 7 years ago - un fortunately not rich enough influx of tourists or riders with targeted holidays so that was NO

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Traffic backup mere minutes from my house on otherwise rural roads... I later learn it was another motorcycle fatality. Sad, and it doesn't even matter who was to blame. RIP.

KAA

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Aug 6, 2018
Virginia, USA
Ugh, another day another story of someone's life getting totally f*cked up all because they needed to ride a motorcycle.

It seems like every week I hear a story from someone a degree or two away from my life gets into a horrific motorcycle accident. A few weeks ago the story was death. This week's story is someone whose looking at never walking again, brain damage, and all kinds of crap.

The worst of it? He wore a helmet and like many motorcycle accidents, it was NOT his fault.

Want to screw up your life permanently or worse, even die? Buy a motorcycle and ride it. And then be stubborn about it.

Now before you curse me a heathen, I've owned a motorcycle. And I loved it.

However I didn't love the fact that someone else's mistake would kill me, or permanently disfigure me.

I soon realized that owning one was a deathwish, and when some 92 year old grandma runs me over paralyzing me, I didn't want to regret the next 40 years of my life.

To this day, I DO NOT regret selling my motorcycle. I now look at riding a bike like smoking a pack of cigarettes a day. Yea, no way.

What I did was find an alternative to get the same rush, the same feeling, the same windy freedom.

At first it was a convertible car.

Now it's a street legal side by side UTV.

Now I can get the same enjoyment of riding a motorcycle without the stress AND I can ride in the hills.

View attachment 28004

Sell the damn bike.

Now go think. You will thank me later. (Inside joke some folks here might recognize, LOL).
I agree. However, my husband loves his Harley and will never give it up. So I got a big-a$$ life insurance policy in case the worst happens.

Kruiser

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
318%
Aug 22, 2017
Arizona
Somewhat related ... road bicycling.

I stopped doing it about 10 years ago. Mainly because I found it boring. Somewhat because of the cars.

I became friends with a couple of attorneys who mainly plaintiffed road biking accidents and they had lots of stories. All it takes is .5 seconds for someone to get distracted and you are done. Doesn't matter how safe you are trying to be or how much reflective gear and neon you are wearing.

I got into downhill and enduro mountain biking for a while. Somewhat dangerous (gap jumps and whatnot), but no cars. Even though it looked dangerous, I think it was way less dangerous than road biking.

I'd tell my wife, "Look. Eventually, I will probably break an arm, or a collarbone, or get a concussion. But it is very unlikely that I will die."

Had a discussion about road biking safety with a friend over coffee about a year ago. A week later, his wife posted on FB that he got hit by a car while riding. Unbelievable. He survived, but it was really bad for a few months. He broke so many bones...

MarekvBeek

Every day I'm hustlin'
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 13, 2016
Netherlands
Damn... I drive almost everyday a bike now I live in Canggu... And the worst of all. It's the most convenient way to get around here in the area. But I know also in Canggu and the rest of Bali, many accidents happen with people driving motorbikes.

I even almost had an accidents two times, and my cousin as well... But still I can not see the danger of it...

Edit: And I really drive like crazy sometimes, all because of getting the rush.

It just happened. I had my first bike accident... And hopefully the last one.

I was rushing, because... I wanted to pass a truck, so I followed the guy in front of me who drove on the sidewalk to pass the truck. Then the truck starts accelerating. And I automatically as well, because there was a man on my pathway, so I had to be quick. And then a guy jumps right in front of me at the front of the truck from te street. I hit him and I fell off the bike. Luckily I only had two scratches. But the other guy and the man on my pathway had blood and deeper wounds. Damn, I was in shock, and I immediately thought about this thread.

Although he was the guy that jumped right in front of me, I was the idiot driving on the sidewalk and accelerating without seeing what's in front of the truck.

Last edited:

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
I don't understand why track days are not more popular. My father and uncle are lifelong bike mechanics and riders but have never been to a track day to scratch the itch instead of making their family worry every time they go out.

I just don't get it. I've barely missed an F1 race in 20 years and watch motogp a lot but damned if I'll get on the backroads with them.

The only difference I can think of is the hazard training I went through in my oil and gas years when I was operating dangerous machines.

I do know one person in Sydney, an engineer, that only does track days. I used to think it strange a long time ago though I suppose.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Somewhat related ... road bicycling.

I stopped doing it about 10 years ago. Mainly because I found it boring. Somewhat because of the cars.

I became friends with a couple of attorneys who mainly plaintiffed road biking accidents and they had lots of stories. All it takes is .5 seconds for someone to get distracted and you are done. Doesn't matter how safe you are trying to be or how much reflective gear and neon you are wearing.

I got into downhill and enduro mountain biking for a while. Somewhat dangerous (gap jumps and whatnot), but no cars. Even though it looked dangerous, I think it was way less dangerous than road biking.

I'd tell my wife, "Look. Eventually, I will probably break an arm, or a collarbone, or get a concussion. But it is very unlikely that I will die."

Had a discussion about road biking safety with a friend over coffee about a year ago. A week later, his wife posted on FB that he got hit by a car while riding. Unbelievable. He survived, but it was really bad for a few months. He broke so many bones...
Nicky Hayden :(

Motogp world champion. Killed cycling on a road...

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia
My daughter has introduced me to two boyfriends and my first question was always " Do you have a motorbike" and the answer so far has both times been a happy No. She is now engaged so no more worrying.It was always a big concern for me.

Contrarian

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
583%
Nov 13, 2014
Jalisco, Mexico
I don't understand why track days are not more popular. My father and uncle are lifelong bike mechanics and riders but have never been to a track day to scratch the itch instead of making their family worry every time they go out.

I just don't get it. I've barely missed an F1 race in 20 years and watch motogp a lot but damned if I'll get on the backroads with them.

The only difference I can think of is the hazard training I went through in my oil and gas years when I was operating dangerous machines.

I do know one person in Sydney, an engineer, that only does track days. I used to think it strange a long time ago though I suppose.

Track days are awesome, but pricey. I did 3 days on track at Portimao last year and all in, it cost me around $4k. I would consider replacing road riding with 100% track when I have $50k a year to drop on it.

I'm not completely convinced by the safety argument either. Granted, a track crash is very unlikely to kill you or give you a really serious injury, but you're also much more likely to crash in the first place.

There were about 120 people at Portimao and 25-30 crashes. They shut the circuit for 3 hours and gave everyone a talking to on the last afternoon because all the ambulances were out.

Probably two thirds of the crashes were injury-free, including a 100mph slide a friend took down the gravel trap, but there were a couple of nasty ones.

And yeah, most track crashes are self-inflicted. But there's always at least one lunatic who puts everyone else in danger. One guy overtook someone else coming out out of a hairpin bend, pulled right in front of his line, panicked that he was going too fast for the next bend and hit the brakes.

The guy behind him panicked and grabbed the brakes too hard, flipped himself over the bike and broke his collarbone and wrist.

I feel much safer on the road. But then, I won't ride a bicycle on the road because I think it's too dangerous. So I appreciate my feelings about track vs. road safety might not be entirely rational.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Track days are awesome, but pricey. I did 3 days on track at Portimao last year and all in, it cost me around $4k. I would consider replacing road riding with 100% track when I have $50k a year to drop on it.

I'm not completely convinced by the safety argument either. Granted, a track crash is very unlikely to kill you or give you a really serious injury, but you're also much more likely to crash in the first place.

There were about 120 people at Portimao and 25-30 crashes. They shut the circuit for 3 hours and gave everyone a talking to on the last afternoon because all the ambulances were out.

Probably two thirds of the crashes were injury-free, including a 100mph slide a friend took down the gravel trap, but there were a couple of nasty ones.

And yeah, most track crashes are self-inflicted. But there's always at least one lunatic who puts everyone else in danger. One guy overtook someone else coming out out of a hairpin bend, pulled right in front of his line, panicked that he was going too fast for the next bend and hit the brakes.

The guy behind him panicked and grabbed the brakes too hard, flipped himself over the bike and broke his collarbone and wrist.

I feel much safer on the road. But then, I won't ride a bicycle on the road because I think it's too dangerous. So I appreciate my feelings about track vs. road safety might not be entirely rational.
Yeah that's quite pricey. Not sure what my friend was paying in Sydney but don't think it was that much.

Portimao, what a track though! Maybe the price reflects it being the top standard I suppose.

Contrarian

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
583%
Nov 13, 2014
Jalisco, Mexico
Yeah that's quite pricey. Not sure what my friend was paying in Sydney but don't think it was that much.

Portimao, what a track though! Maybe the price reflects it being the top standard I suppose.

Yeah it was well worth the trip!

To be fair I'm including flights, accommodation, bike rental, etc. in that price. But trackday-goers with their own bikes rack up massive costs as well. Track bikes, tyres, a garage full of equipment, van/trailer/shipping to transport the bikes, travel & accommodation...it probably works out about even. Nobody rides their road bike to the circuit anymore.

Could be worse. I have a friend who races cars and he spends over double on six races a year what he spends for the rest of his annual living expenses combined. :wideyed:

ravenspear

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 25, 2016
I've never gotten a bike for this reason (even though I am into cars and motorsports).

I absolutely knew I would get in a wreck and F*ck myself up.

In my younger days I had a few wrecks in my V8 muscle cars and those were bad enough lol (though thankfully no injuries).

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Motogp world champion. Killed cycling on a road...

Sad, even the most skilled are not immune from bad probability.

It's like being average gives you a 5% chance of dying whereas being skilled gives you a 2.5% chance. Sure you double your odds, but bad probability is still, well, bad probability.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Another death just miles away from me, backed up traffic for miles.

And then this...

The SO was late meeting me and when she arrived she said she witnessed a motorcycle accident. A teenager pulled in front of a cyclist and he went down and rolled a good hundred feet. She witness the entire thing. She stopped immediately to render assistance (she's a nurse) and waited for the paramedics. The teenager stopped and was hysterical. "I didn't see him! I didn't see him!" and immediately admitted fault.

The cyclist was bloody and scrapped up, appeared to be in shock but still conscious and moving. The GF kept him stationary until the paramedics arrived.

I assume the guy survived, but survived with what physical problems, we will never know. In her words, "this guy is lucky to be alive."

This happened yesterday, another mere mile from my home. Three in three weeks. I thought about this thread.

Sell the damn bike. With the smartphone distractions and the low-attention span society, you seriously are now playing Russian roulette every time you take to the street.

The teenager that rolls you over while looking at his text messages won't care how great your riding gear is while being diligent and cautious.

Lucky Lu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Nov 2, 2019
Newport Beach, California
I have just sold mine. A friend wanted it and only to ride it in his gated community so I think he is safe. Still not paid in full but needed to be done.
Man I miss my Harley, it was a beautiful thing to look at. But I feel like a dodged a bullet all this years riding bikes since I was a kid.

Cheers!

Suzanne Bazemore

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Sep 30, 2018
Spring, TX
I assume the guy survived, but survived with what physical problems, we will never know. In her words, "this guy is lucky to be alive."
I'm glad your SO was able to help and that he is alive.
Just last week I was witnessed a driver whip really close behind a guy on a motorcycle, barely giving him the space you'd give a parked car.
Between aggressive, inattentive, and novice drivers, I don't see how motorcyclists even have a chance.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Of course he probably thought it wouldn't happen to him. This dude was a professional as you can get and I'm guessing it wasn't his fault, but some idiot smartphoning in his car.

RIP.

And now his stuff is up for auction.

fhs8

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Jan 22, 2016
Here to leave my anecdotes. One time I was a passenger in a car on the freeway and on the other side saw some guy fly like 20-30 feet in the air. We heard on the news that he was riding a motorcycle and killed instantly.

Another time I was on the sidewalk and some motorcyclist was turning right coming out of a parking lot, lost control, fell down in the middle of the road, and slid to the sidewalk curb near me. Thankfully there weren't too many cars on the road because he could've got run over.

Also can't tell you how many times I've seen people run through red lights or have a smart phone blocking their view of the road because I've lost count. I would NEVER ride a motorcycle.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
There was a popular thread on Reddit a few years ago about 2 guys who rode motorcycles 11,000 miles to Alaska. They ran in to a 3rd Reddit member who was doing the same thing. After their trip, they posted their pictures on social media, and went their separate ways. One of them had planned to continue riding to South America, and was traveling through South Carolina (I think), came over a hill and hit a fruit truck trying to turn on to side road. He died instantly. The other two guys didn't know he was dead, until people on social media made the connections and told them the guy died a few days after they split up.

I think the one who died was one of these two guys:

R4zuqfg.jpg

Bwqee3r.jpg

fZus58e.jpg

View: https://imgur.com/a/J7kZJ

https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/2gejnr View: https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/2gejnr/got_divorced_lost_my_job_so_me_and_my_buddy_got/?st=k5lzakzi&sh=2b9b7cad

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
I'm going to break the mould with a story of my friend's father, he is 70 + years old, has been riding for circa 50 years, and has never had an accident. I asked him how he does it and he told me that he sticks to the speed limit, rides in-lane, and very rarely filters, definitely not at speed.

I accept though that he's the exception to the rule.

Smuggo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Apr 13, 2018
At first I was going to start arguing but well, that's true. I use motorbike to get to work much faster and instead of riding 1.5h i get there in 30 mins. Without rushing, speeding or anything.

But to feel the air, this UTV looks great. Would love to try it one day:). Also that's why I love kitesurfing. Wind, freedom, fresh air, jumps.

BoldBridge

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 20, 2020
I ride around 20k miles per year and have ridden all over the world. Last year, I rode through 14 countries. And in the next 4 years, I plan to visit 50 more.
37787EDD-D162-40E8-B14C-A94F3FE42C8A.jpeg

(Picture from Switzerland last year).

I can't disagree with the logic or the statistics. Riding is incredibly dangerous. In fact, in a former life I was an EMT and know all too well the consequences of foolish riding or drivers not looking for bikes.

That said, at this stage of my life, it's something I love and have decided to do, even in light of the potential consequences.

For me, there's nothing quite like exploring a new place by bike. It's exhilarating. You may call it foolish, but I call it fun and adventurous.

I know that there may come a time when my card gets called or it's time to hang up the riding gear. I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

For those that ride, stay safe. For those that don't (please watch for motorcycles).

Last edited:

jlwilliams

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Dec 14, 2014
I own a 1943 Harley that I've been slowly putting back together for years. I wanted to build it and do a long trip on it, or take it out for country rides. That desire is slipping. Now, my goal is to get it mechanically done and then sell it. It will at that point be at its best saleable condition. I've known a lot of guys who got hurt or killed over the years. I'm almost 50. It's time to wrap up the bike.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
You may call it foolish, but I call it fun and adventurous.

I don't think any of us are calling you "foolish" - just a terribly bad bet ... kinda like the Russian Roulette of skydiving ... before jumping out the plane, you're told that there's a 1 in 10 chance your chute won't open. Not many would jump at those odds, despite the thrill and exhilaration.

No one doubts the "fun and adventurous" part which is why I sought an alternative that "felt" the same without the bad odds. With the street legal ATV/SXS, now I still get the wind in my face, the open road at my feet, and a feeling of oneness with my surroundings. Missing is the risk. Win/Win.

Unfortunately a lot of states will not allow them on the street, but Arizona does. (Thank you Sedona!)

I wish you the best, stay safe my friend.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I ride around 20k miles per year and have ridden all over the world. Last year, I rode through 14 countries. And in the next 4 years, I plan to visit 50 more.
View attachment 29812

(Picture from Switzerland last year).

I can't disagree with the logic or the statistics. Riding is incredibly dangerous. In fact, in a former life I was an EMT and know all too well the consequences of foolish riding or drivers not looking for bikes.

That said, at this stage of my life, it's something I love and have decided to do, even in light of the potential consequences.

For me, there's nothing quite like exploring a new place by bike. It's exhilarating. You may call it foolish, but I call it fun and adventurous.

That said, I know that there may come a time when my card gets called or it's time to hang up the riding gear. I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

For those that ride, stay safe. For those that don't (please watch for motorcycles).
I admit that I understand you 100%.

I rode bike on the roads from age 16 to about 28.
I ve seen and felt much pain.

Some friends died and some hurt. I survived.
Than I turned to offroad riding. Broken bones from time to time, but the risk of dying is far lower.

My older son was bumped from the bike twice. He stopped riding not being worth the pain.
My younger son loves to ride. I get sick every time he leaves. And I hope the best.
I got my younger to do dirt bike riding and we do a lot Togrther.
But sadly enought he loves streetriding.at least I got him to ride Supermoto bikes. Not so fast and a bigger shilouette.

BoldBridge

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 20, 2020
I admit that I understand you 100%.

I rode bike on the roads from age 16 to about 28.
I ve seen and felt much pain.

Some friends died and some hurt. I survived.
Than I turned to offroad riding. Broken bones from time to time, but the risk of dying is far lower.

My older son was bumped from the bike twice. He stopped riding not being worth the pain.
My younger son loves to ride. I get sick every time he leaves. And I hope the best.
I got my younger to do dirt bike riding and we do a lot Togrther.
But sadly enought he loves streetriding.at least I got him to ride Supermoto bikes. Not so fast and a bigger shilouette.

I can completely understand this pain and fear as well. I was riding with a friend a few weeks back who high sided his bike after an oncoming bike in the other direction crossed the center line. Thankfully, apart from a broken wrist, bruised shoulder, and a few nice bumps and scrapes, he was fine. However, he decided to hang up his riding gloves for good. I can't fault him, he's got a few young kids at home.

I'd love to try more dirt riding (I do some adventure riding on dirt roads, but have some knee issues so hard core off-roading is off limits for me.

CrazyFire

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jan 21, 2020
Wanted to get a bike this year. And I actually went over all of 5 pages here to find a reason to continue this idea. You changed my mind. I guess this is a great example of how such threads can be valuable.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
I saw my ex-wife' son over Christmas, and after narrowly escaping the first time with only minor injuries, he said he is getting a bigger motorcycle this time. So I told my grandson to tell Jonathon good-bye and it was nice to know him. When he bought his Mustange we thought he would wreck it within 24 hours but to our surprise he hasn't wrecked it yet but this new motorcycle will do him in. Too bad, he is a good young man.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Wife just saw another guy laid out on the pavement after crashing his bike, not moving at all. Not sure who was at fault, but fault won't change the outcome which is either a big life change, or a loss of life.:(

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Ugh, another day another story of someone's life getting totally f*cked up all because they needed to ride a motorcycle.

It seems like every week I hear a story from someone a degree or two away from my life gets into a horrific motorcycle accident. A few weeks ago the story was death. This week's story is someone whose looking at never walking again, brain damage, and all kinds of crap.

The worst of it? He wore a helmet and like many motorcycle accidents, it was NOT his fault.

Want to screw up your life permanently or worse, even die? Buy a motorcycle and ride it. And then be stubborn about it.

Now before you curse me a heathen, I've owned a motorcycle. And I loved it.

However I didn't love the fact that someone else's mistake would kill me, or permanently disfigure me.

I soon realized that owning one was a deathwish, and when some 92 year old grandma runs me over paralyzing me, I didn't want to regret the next 40 years of my life.

To this day, I DO NOT regret selling my motorcycle. I now look at riding a bike like smoking a pack of cigarettes a day. Yea, no way.

What I did was find an alternative to get the same rush, the same feeling, the same windy freedom.

At first it was a convertible car.

Now it's a street legal side by side UTV.

Now I can get the same enjoyment of riding a motorcycle without the stress AND I can ride in the hills.

View attachment 28004

Sell the damn bike.

Now go think. You will thank me later. (Inside joke some folks here might recognize, LOL).
This is so true.

Like in your book when you talked about skewing probabilities, this is it.

I always maintain that the problem is not if the motorcyclist is a good driver - the problem is that other drivers are not.

Getting rear ended by a pickup truck while you are sitting at a stop light?

NBD in a car. Easily fatal on a motorcycle.

This is one of those kind of rare ideas and opinions that I'm delighted to find others agree with. At least, rare where I am from.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.