The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need an advice about Outsoursing

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Danny G

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
May 10, 2011
Bulgaria
Hi Guys,

I read several threads but It didn't help me much. I have 0 experience in that so I had to just ask you and make a research.

I want to hire someone to do a simple tasks - just go to websites and gather information like name, email, phone number.

How much should I pay cuz I don't have a huge budget at the moment and where should I go to get it done well as fast as possible & as cheaper as possible of course ?

Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance.
Danny

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
How much should I pay cuz I don't have a huge budget at the moment and where should I go to get it done well as fast as possible & as cheaper as possible of course ?

Budgets are usually silly. If something makes money, there is no budget.

try odesk

BeingChewsie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I read several threads but It didn't help me much. I have 0 experience in that so I had to just ask you and make a research.

I want to hire someone to do a simple tasks - just go to websites and gather information like name, email, phone number.

Any suggestions ?

Odesk is a good choice for these types of tasks. Prices really vary, you'll likely have to go through a few people before you find one that you like and does what you ask, as you ask. You'll pay more for the ones you like and the one's who provide the most value to you, same as in all things.

Sue

moneypennysays

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jul 12, 2012
I would suggest a minimum wage - here it's $10/hour or you could do it by project if there's a certain number of sites that need to be visited i.e. 100 then maybe you pay $100 for that and it's $1/site depending on how much time they need to spend. You can do a few yourself and figure out how much time is involved then pay accordingly. Hope it works out! Let me if you're still looking for someone as I may have some time for a project :)

Money Penny Says
"Earn the Life You Deserve, Without Losing your Nerve"

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
I would suggest a minimum wage - here it's $10/hour or you could do it by project if there's a certain number of sites that need to be visited i.e. 100 then maybe you pay $100 for that and it's $1/site depending on how much time they need to spend. You can do a few yourself and figure out how much time is involved then pay accordingly. Hope it works out! Let me if you're still looking for someone as I may have some time for a project :)

Manoy fenny gays
"Earn the Life You Deserve, Without Losing your Nerve"

Get your :spam: out of here, 8 posts and you think you can start throwing up links? You'r either really stupid or... well your just really stupid

Mods: I better get my spam points from yesterday when I first reported this joker ;)

nzerinto

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Aug 1, 2012
Toronto, Canada
I know this is a slightly older thread, but thought I'd weigh in.

Over the last few years I've hired a fair number of contractors through sites like oDesk and Elance. For what you need - data collection/data entry, I'd highly recommend oDesk.

Run an ad looking for admin people adept at data mining. You'll get a bunch of applicants, with bids ranging anywhere from $2 to around $12 an hour. Depending on your requirements, you could hire hourly if it's an ongoing thing, or if it's one off, you might want to consider a "project price" instead.

For hourly rates, I've found excellent contractors in the $4 an hour range. Not to say you can't pay more - I normally start at this point and pay out bonuses and increase rates as things go.

A couple of further suggestions:

- When hiring, note response times of contractors when you message them. The ones that respond most promptly tend to stay this way once you've hired them (which is obviously a good thing). Obviously bear in mind the majority of them will be from India or the Phillipines, so take into account the time differences.

- Be very specific when giving instructions. Communicating job requirements can be tough, and even more so when English isn't the other party's primary language (technically it is for Phillipinos, but I digress).
I recommend jotting everything down first, then look at it as though you've never done that task before, and see if you've missed any crucial bits of information. Better yet, show it to a friend or family member, and see if they can follow the instructions ok. I've found poor instructions are one of the biggest sticking points as to why many people have bad experiences with outsourcing.

- Be prepared to work with your outsourcer. Some of the outsourcers I've worked with for more than 2 years now...but in the beginning it felt like I was going to fire them in 5 minutes.

Anyway, best of luck with the project!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.