D
Deleted106527
Guest
Hello everyone,
while the 10.000th "what should I do right now"-question might not be the most exciting thing to read, I honestly believe this forum is just about the only place where I can get solid advice on this kind of thing, so here goes:
My situation:
I am currently 19 years old, having finished school close to 8 months ago. I live in Germany, I'm not poor, Have basically no debt, somewhat supportive parents and I would say I am not completely stupid.
So basically, I have a blank slate, very good circumstances and all the options in the world right now (or atleast close to it) to attain my goal: the fastlane.
But that also seems to be the root of my struggle:
My struggle:
Overchoice, choice overload or simply put: Close to infinite options resulting in close to no actions. I feel like I know the rough outline of what I should do in life (You know, make a fastlane business, etc...), but it all just feels so far away and unattainable right now.
The time since I finished school, I have, looking back, honestly not been doing too many things that actually got me closer to my goals (while did spend some time learning valuable skills (bit of the stock market, coding, etc...), I am also a master of action faking activities (damn right a todo-list with 20 things feels good, but if close to 0 of those are really relevant to my future, that kinda changes things)).
So right now, as the title says, I am kinda drifting through life. I guess I am in the "mental battle with yourself" phase of becoming an entrepreneur, but I just don't know how to actually take a big step:
I've considered lots of possibilities (even going to uni since it's very affordable here (basically no debts) and I could do something related to finances or business, but I always have the looming fear of choosing one thing and then realising after some years that it was basically wasted time.
I know I definitely need some real life & market experience to actually become an entrepreneur, but I guess the thought of waking up in 5 years and realising "oh damn, that uni-course did not help me at all" is kinda paralysing.
In the worst, paralysing sense, I have always been a perfectionist when it comes to taking these kinds of choices
It's funny, maybe even paradoxical: Being almost constantly stressed about "needing to start soon or else I'm just wasting time" is making me not take action, which is actually causing me to waste time, kinda fueling the vicious cycle.
So,
what could I be doing right now?
Are there rational alternatives to going to uni? I know that especially in MJ's books, uni is always knocked a bit, but I honestly struggle to see meaningful and productive alternatives right now, so of course I am open to any suggestions.
I would love to hear from people that are in a similar situation or have overcome a similar situation.
Thank you
P.
Edit: 2 things that just came to mind:
1. I know that at my age, even „losing“ 3 years to something like education wouldn‘t be a problem really, since I have time/am in no real rush, but somehow that thought is not really making it better
2. I feel like a new perspective/change of scenery in life might make a real difference, not sure about this though.
while the 10.000th "what should I do right now"-question might not be the most exciting thing to read, I honestly believe this forum is just about the only place where I can get solid advice on this kind of thing, so here goes:
My situation:
I am currently 19 years old, having finished school close to 8 months ago. I live in Germany, I'm not poor, Have basically no debt, somewhat supportive parents and I would say I am not completely stupid.
So basically, I have a blank slate, very good circumstances and all the options in the world right now (or atleast close to it) to attain my goal: the fastlane.
But that also seems to be the root of my struggle:
My struggle:
Overchoice, choice overload or simply put: Close to infinite options resulting in close to no actions. I feel like I know the rough outline of what I should do in life (You know, make a fastlane business, etc...), but it all just feels so far away and unattainable right now.
The time since I finished school, I have, looking back, honestly not been doing too many things that actually got me closer to my goals (while did spend some time learning valuable skills (bit of the stock market, coding, etc...), I am also a master of action faking activities (damn right a todo-list with 20 things feels good, but if close to 0 of those are really relevant to my future, that kinda changes things)).
So right now, as the title says, I am kinda drifting through life. I guess I am in the "mental battle with yourself" phase of becoming an entrepreneur, but I just don't know how to actually take a big step:
I've considered lots of possibilities (even going to uni since it's very affordable here (basically no debts) and I could do something related to finances or business, but I always have the looming fear of choosing one thing and then realising after some years that it was basically wasted time.
I know I definitely need some real life & market experience to actually become an entrepreneur, but I guess the thought of waking up in 5 years and realising "oh damn, that uni-course did not help me at all" is kinda paralysing.
In the worst, paralysing sense, I have always been a perfectionist when it comes to taking these kinds of choices
It's funny, maybe even paradoxical: Being almost constantly stressed about "needing to start soon or else I'm just wasting time" is making me not take action, which is actually causing me to waste time, kinda fueling the vicious cycle.
So,
what could I be doing right now?
Are there rational alternatives to going to uni? I know that especially in MJ's books, uni is always knocked a bit, but I honestly struggle to see meaningful and productive alternatives right now, so of course I am open to any suggestions.
I would love to hear from people that are in a similar situation or have overcome a similar situation.
Thank you
P.
Edit: 2 things that just came to mind:
1. I know that at my age, even „losing“ 3 years to something like education wouldn‘t be a problem really, since I have time/am in no real rush, but somehow that thought is not really making it better
2. I feel like a new perspective/change of scenery in life might make a real difference, not sure about this though.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
