What's new

Near miss, wrong direction, finding the track again.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

TwoSteps

New Contributor
Joined
Mar 30, 2016
Messages
19
Location
Southampton (UK)
Rep Bank
$305
User Power: 253%
Well hello folks. Happy to be in such good company.

Here's my waffle!

About 12 years ago I sat at a computer, went through the Dreamweaver tutorials and started building websites. Without even realising that what I was doing would have been sage advice to anyone else I started looking at what other people were doing to make money online.

I started building a few personal finance websites plastered with affiliate links (when Google didn't mind).

I remember earning my fist commission and less than a year later I was making over £10k per month.

After a couple of years I was competing with big players for top ranking positions for generic financial searches like 'loans' & 'mortgages' but Google 'danced' and the whole thing collapsed. My site went from top 5 to 30+ and the income dried up overnight. I was relying on natural ranking but had my focus on getting people to click and not providing strong content.

Within a few months, a competitor website was sold to a US publisher for about £3,000,000.

I was still getting a few mortgage enquiries and that market looked good so I worked as a builder for a friend while qualifying and then started to handle the leads myself. That was in 2008. When that market also collapsed.

I tweaked the website for insurance niches and survived for a few years while thinking it would be better to get even more qualified and become a financial adviser (throwing education at the problem).

Now I am a financial adviser and today I read an article which pretty much confirms there is no hope for people who want a good income in retirement from traditional saving & investing methods. People will have to work 'til they drop or live in near poverty in old age.

So here I am now. A qualified financial adviser all ready to get started down this career path but with little to no faith in the industry. Brilliant.

However, I have learned a lot.

I'm trying not to get stuck in 'idea & reading' mode and play to my strengths to get started back on the road without delay.

I look forward to absorbing the concentrated emotion of the forums from people with the right attitude.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Taqisjisuit -e tzpupzn gus "vjuti xju esi iyvsinimz vseopif vu vji pvj fihsii" netvis vji esv ug ewuofoph pies nottit.
 
Mum ev "vjsuxoph ifadevoup ev vji qsucmin".

Xi'wi ciip veahjv vu vjopl vjev hivvoph veahjv ot vji upmz xez gusxesf.


Vjeplt gus vji opvsu @VxuTviqt. Fup'v xussz ecuav veloph e tviq cedlxesft. Ov't emm huuf.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom