The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Finding the ultimate cure for migraines

Anything related to matters of the mind

Allseeingeye

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jul 17, 2010
Does anyone else suffer from intolerable migraines or frequent headaches? I do and have been getting them for about 10 years, I tried about 7 different tablets but found they were not doing anything for me. It can be seriously life changing when you start to get them and not in a good way, but I have tried a few things and would like to share my experiences.

1. Drinking enough water - The most obvious is to be properly hydrated, I try and drink 1 litre everyday.

2. Calcium and Potassium tablets - Someone along time ago told me about these tablets, I tried them and in all honesty they helped a little but did not quite do the trick.

3. Meditation - Meditating has been beneficial in my life in many aspects, but at the onslaught of a migraine its quite hard to meditate.

4. Niacin flush - Another tablet I was taking which has some very profound affects on your body, it will literally make your whole body turn red while you are flushed with a boost of oxygen, I personally did not like the tablet and found myself getting itchy.

5. Ozone generator - These things are claimed to have extra special health boosts, and I have to admit that it does change my breathing patterns instantly, but the smell and worry that these things are not as good for you as they claim, makes the migraine worst.

6. Excercise - Taking a walk will help, I cant run or cycle when my migraines start as I have blacked out before, the throbbing in my head is just too much.

7. Brain Scan - Make sure to get a brain scan to weed out any obvious problems.

8. Drugs or smoking - I stopped smoking along time ago, the migraines still persist but thats no reason to start again, radox shower gel just smells too good nowdays.

9. Electrical Sockets - I read that EMF is given off by electrical sockets and phones, I dont have a phone, and moved my bed away from the electrical socket, one of the above did reduce my attacks by at least 20%

10. Phone Masks - If you live near phone masks, take good care, I have heard of horror stories related to phone masks and there are many websites that show the risks and lists the many people who have got brain tumors after a certain amount of time after one has been put up.

11. TMJ Clicky Jaw - If you suffer with a clicky jaw or clench your teeth when you sleep, this could be the cause of the migraines. I am awaiting to go hospital to get a jaw splint to wear at night and am praying this is going to cure my migraines.

If anyone else has any ideas, please post them up, I would love to hear some success stories.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
A

Anon3587x

Having intercourse with really beautiful women cures headaches.
Proven fact

A

Anon3587x

I used to have severe migraines when I was younger.
They are the result of a lifestyle, something your doing is bringing them on yourself.

Need to make changes, and I couldn't tell you which need to be changed.

Allseeingeye

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jul 17, 2010
Bateati, Im obviously not doing anything right otherwise I would not be in the situation I am in.
This migraine I am having now feels like my heads gonna explode, I have a problem with my jaw
too and apparently TMJ can be the cause of alot of problems, hoping this jaw splint is gonna sort
my jaw back out haha

I stopped smoking the herb about 1 year ago, stopped smoking ciggs over a year ago and am clean
as far as drug habbits go, I workout as much as possible too, its this time I have on my hands, I need
to be more productive.

I done a car boot on sunday so have the money for hosting and a decent template, gonna get to work
on my website soon but need to find someone with a card who can pay for me.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Hey Brother! I see some opportunity here for you. You have been looking at getting some income and helping people in the process. Why not do a ton of research and figure out what you can do to help migraines? Create an informational product with suggestions and cures or whatever and if you can create a system that works well it would be valuable enough that people would buy it I'm sure! Would you spend the money on a product right now if it cured your migraines? I would have to venture to say yes! I don't want to lead you astray from your plan but it might be something to consider!

A

Anon3587x

Might I suggest you starting make a list.
Daily, weekly, monthly, yearly.

It's been said many times on here, but with lists you tend to get so much done.
So as long as you make sure to complete them.

I made a list with 20 things to do on it yesterday, I normally would not of done half the shit I had written done in 1 day.

But I did everything, and I was able to do a few other things after too.

So for now on I'm making all sorts of lists for goals I need to complete during that time frame.

In your case a goal could be, "walking around the block 5 times looking for inspiration"
"making 5 website templates" etc

just stick with it and always complete the list;.

Allseeingeye

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jul 17, 2010
Your right man, I need to start making lists. What kinds of things do you do in your day? Weird question I know, but I just need some inspiration to fill my day up, and how to invest in my time wisely.

Allseeingeye

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jul 17, 2010
Hey Brother! I see some opportunity here for you. You have been looking at getting some income and helping people in the process. Why not do a ton of research and figure out what you can do to help migraines? Create an informational product with suggestions and cures or whatever and if you can create a system that works well it would be valuable enough that people would buy it I'm sure! Would you spend the money on a product right now if it cured your migraines? I would have to venture to say yes! I don't want to lead you astray from your plan but it might be something to consider!

I just saw on flippa.com a migraine cure site go for about $300, I was thinking to do something similar, but I am looking for someone I can give money to in order to pay for my template and possibly hosting. I dont have access to my cards, if anyone would be willing to do this, I will send dollars in the post and even give you a small thanks for like $5 for your time.

Motivated

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Aug 17, 2010
A chiropracter will fix your migraines, a good one that is. Make sure you get x-rays first before they adjust you, ive heard horror stories of people getting broken backs and necks.

rocksolid

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Nov 17, 2008
New York

Allseeingeye

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jul 17, 2010
Iget them also and they suck. Many people have triggers like certain foods. Mine is Chocolate. If I eat Chocolate after 8PM I run the chance of getting a migraine. It sounds crazy but it's true. Other triggers are coffee, cheese, and wine all the good stuff. Here is an article on triggers. http://www.widomaker.com/~jnavia/tannins/tannexpl.htm
Here are some " Cures" on amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref...01&h=b31e6a5bfb6e6fd8bae26acfad5a1689cd6e34e5

Many thanks man, will have a read on that later.

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
Definitely have to keep a diary on what you eat and see if you can narrow down any food culprits. I took an ECA stack while weight training and found out ephedra is an instant migraine for me. Also if you consume lots of caffeine (coffee, tea, energy drinks, colas, mtn dew etc..) can give you a wicked migraine. Regular head, neck, upper back massages and chiro help tons. Stress is a big factor too. Hypnosis/relaxation tapes work wonders. MN Viking receiver Percy Harvin suffers from them real bad too. You'd think a multimillion $$ player like that would get it figured out quickly so it proves to be somewhat elusive. At least eliminate the obvious and do the various treatments and see what works.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
A steam shower ... 110 degrees knocks it out of you.

Deege

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Oct 12, 2008
I get them frequently, usually i lose my peripheral vision so once that comes on i try to isolate myself in a dark room and knockout for a few hours, but i recently saw an interesting product at the L.A. County Fair, an aroma-therapy oil, worth a try.

If you get them, you know its like hell on earth, so if you can stop them, anything is worth a try.

Rocky

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Nov 27, 2010
FL
Few suggestions see if you block your air way when you sleep. If you sleep in a chair or with a lot of pillows or one big puffy pillow it can tilt your head down and blocking part of your airway.

I hear kiwi is a blood thiner and natural helps surculate the blood going to the body.

Getting at least 8 hours of sleep.

Check for any tooth problems maybe a wisdom tooth is hitting a nerve.

If you work with computers the screen could be too bright.

If you have contacts maybe they need replacing or you need glasses...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.