For the past handful of years, I've been working on two different things, and, admittedly, I haven't been diligent. These two things are a book and a course.
Realistically, I could have finished both a few years ago. But, it's all too easy for me to procrastinate and stay "comfortable".
Why do I feel this way? Because I make a good living (roughly $215k a year), I work for a good company, with good people. I am also a partner in that company with about $120k in equity. The company is growing and doing well. So I haven't hit desperate times.
That being said, I am the sole income earner in my household (though my wife recently started her own biz), and we have a child. I also live in Boston, which isn't cheap, and between the mortgage, standard expenses, unexpected expenses (my car cost me $3k in repairs over the past two months!), paying off my loan to the firm for my equity, I'm never swimming in money.
I guess it comes down to what I want in life. But I'm not sure. I do hate the idea of someone else deciding what my time is worth. And I love the idea of not having to drive 45 mins to and from work 5 days a week.
There's probably not much for everyone else to say.. just needed to get my thoughts out there.
Realistically, I could have finished both a few years ago. But, it's all too easy for me to procrastinate and stay "comfortable".
Why do I feel this way? Because I make a good living (roughly $215k a year), I work for a good company, with good people. I am also a partner in that company with about $120k in equity. The company is growing and doing well. So I haven't hit desperate times.
That being said, I am the sole income earner in my household (though my wife recently started her own biz), and we have a child. I also live in Boston, which isn't cheap, and between the mortgage, standard expenses, unexpected expenses (my car cost me $3k in repairs over the past two months!), paying off my loan to the firm for my equity, I'm never swimming in money.
I guess it comes down to what I want in life. But I'm not sure. I do hate the idea of someone else deciding what my time is worth. And I love the idea of not having to drive 45 mins to and from work 5 days a week.
There's probably not much for everyone else to say.. just needed to get my thoughts out there.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
