• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

NOTABLE! Chasing a Cat vs Attracting a Cat, a Breakthrough Story

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by Almantas, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $162,158
    Wow. I’ve only just spotted this thread. @Almantas ... the hairs came up on the back of my neck reading your story. Well done and thanks for sharing. I love it.

Your living proof that Mother Theresa knows a thing or two...

“Never worry about numbers. Help one person at a time and always start with the person nearest to you.” (Mother Theresa)

You up for another chat? I know you were super nervous first time round. Maybe you’ll be less so this time?

2. Overdrive

Overdrive Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $336
    @Almantas, I've followed this thread from the beginning and have been really inspired (btw, congrats on getting that BMW, it's solid proof that you're doing everything right!).

I just wanted to say thank you so much for sharing your story. There are so many lessons in your story that it makes sense reading it repeatedly to learn from it. Although I probably have never experienced the kind of depression that you have, your approach to overcoming it is a big lesson for those of us who are still struggling in the rat race with a meaningless 9-5 job and are desperate to get out (that would be me). I totally agree that helping others solve their problems and at the same time working towards a worthy goal is a game changer, it really is like a magic potion to more happiness. I'm experiencing this myself right now ever since I've decided to become an entrepreneur myself. I wish you the best of success on your journey and please keep us updated.

Almantas, Andy Black and Bekit like this.
  3. Almantas

Almantas Nothing to Lose Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,840
    Thanks for your reply! I am definitely up for a chat - maybe let's meet for a coffee somewhere in Kildare? I am still in Dundalk, but would definitely love to visit Kildare area and have a chat with you at the same time.

ZF Lee and Andy Black like this.
  4. Bekit

Bekit Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,340
    Hear hear! A rousing cheer and enthusiastic round of applause for Andy Black!! Three cheers for Andy for contributing heroic value to the members of this forum, genuinely caring about others, and showing the way towards good outcomes.

5. Almantas

Almantas Nothing to Lose Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,840
    Thank you so much! Glad you've found some wisdom in it :)

Overdrive likes this.
  6. YoungPadawan

YoungPadawan Miles to go before I sleep Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,496
    Very inspiring stuff @Almantas ! Keep up the good work!

Almantas likes this.
  7. BlackMagician

BlackMagician Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $356
    Blood Boiling! Hair raising!! Chilling sensation!!! Adrenaline like feeling coursing through my body after reading this!!!!!!

@Almantas you just ROCKED. Damn what a feeling, what a feeling. I am not even able to describe it right now.

I want to say something but words are not coming out....

For now, Congrats buddy! Way to go! Keep pushing!

8. Kruiser

Kruiser Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $1,036
    Sorry, but these numbers are DEFINITELY something to be proud of. What a great post! Sure, you're not going to rake in billions by being the go to guy serving the Lithuanian community in Ireland. But you started something from nothing and provided real value to real folks with real problems. That's much more than many "entreprenuers" ever accomplish.

9. superb

superb Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $960
    Agreed! The mindset that you have will lead to greater and greater things.

10. Ninjakid

Ninjakid Platinum Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,696
    Hey dude just came across this thread.

Remembering your posts from earlier this year you seemed to be a really bad place. But no matter what you were determined to change, and you never really accepted your situation.

It's incredible how much you've changed your life so far, and I'm looking forward to seeing your successes compound!

You've got what it takes, that iron willpower.

Andy Black, ZF Lee, Kruiser and 3 others like this.
  11. Startup Steve

Startup Steve Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $452
    This post is gold. I have condensed to a TLDR;

12. Almantas

Rep Bank:
    $1,840
    Usually, I am not a type of a guy that puts too much trust into destiny, but what happened in the last 2 days literally blew my beliefs away.

So, due to my generosity in multiple FB groups, many women started adding me, showing interest, etc. Two days ago, one particular woman contacted me saying she was observing my posts for a while and was really impressed with my generosity and personality in general...

Long story short, we have been chatting for a couple of days now. She is 21, already has a passive business and is into entrepreneurial books. She has like 30 of them. And all of them crazy good books, lol. I told her about this forum and she showed me a photo of TMF book - damn, how could I miss a shot on this one?

So we arranged to meet for a tea/coffee 30th of this month. I have talked to many women, many of them were in a top physical condition but something just didn't click, this particular woman stands out most...and guess what? She just revealed that her sister knows me as I wrote her a CV and a Cover Letter for free back in January - how weird, isn't it?

You know what could be weirder? Her reading this post - because I am pretty sure she has joined the forum and is currently scanning through threads. I hope this doesn't happen, lol.

P.s. Thanks for all the awesome comments, I am blessed to be part of such a superawesome community! Love you guys! :)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    Everyman, Jello, MJ DeMarco and 14 others like this.
  13. Almantas

Rep Bank:
    $1,840
    Thanks! Yeah, I had been in a terribly bad place. I am far from exiting it completely, but I can see the light at the end of a tunnel now. Will see how it goes in the future.

Andy Black and Ninjakid like this.
  14. ValueGenerator

ValueGenerator New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $87
    Almantas,

Thank you for sharing your story. Reading this and all the helpful comments below it, was a great inspiration for me. It takes real guts to be this honest with yourself and the community.
    FULL DISCLOSURE: I am not a professional and want to be clear that everyone is very different. However, the most important thing is what you are eating. Many people are intolerant of things and don't have an immediate reaction but it can dramatically effect many aspects of your life, including mood. I think exercise is great and should absolutely be a part of your daily regimen, even a little bit will release dopamine. However, it's sooooooooo much more important what you are putting into your body. I personally prescribe to low carb and low sugar (within reason). I am also a huge proponent of intermittent fasting. This has had a profound effect on my mood over the years. Please reach out if you want more details.

Thanks again for the inspiration!

Almantas likes this.
  15. Visionary96

Visionary96 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $35
    Amazing stuff. I am going to direct myself back to this post if I ever need reminding what entrepreneurship is truly about, real problems, real resolutions. Truly inspiring material here.

16. Suzanne Bazemore

Suzanne Bazemore Act until echo. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $336
    @Almantas, that 100 page book you plan to write to help people - have you considered selling it? I imagine that it will offer a lot of value to people, and there is no harm in not giving it away. If you self-publish, you can still give away free or reduced-cost copies to whomever you want. Since the book would be non-fiction, and you have many followers, you can reach your target audience. Also, if you are making some money from that, then you will have your time a little more freed to continue with other helpful ventures.

Andy Black and Almantas like this.
  17. Almantas

Rep Bank:
    $1,840
    Thanks for stopping by. I understand what you are trying to say and it makes perfect financial sense, however I am currently still playing somewhat different game. This 100 page document will be a master marketing document for me - it will mention my services and my contact details on like every second page, so people can see from the quality of my work that I know what I am talking about. It is free marketing for me and I am pretty sure more than a thousand people will see this document, probably tens of thousands in longer-term and guess what? Each of them will get to know me (yes, there will be a small intro about me) and what services I offer if they (or their friends) happen to need my assistance in the future.

Everyman, BlackMagician, Roz and 3 others like this.
  18. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $352,772
    Admin Post
    Threads like these remind me why I started this forum years ago.

Love to see the outpouring of community support here and to hear about the progress.

It's a feedback loop connector for myself and hopefully, to many others who may follow. @Almantas -- I remember earlier you were having some tough times, glad to hear you are in a better place!!

Explorer, Walter Hay, Roz and 6 others like this.
  19. Almantas

Rep Bank:
    $1,840
    This is why I call this forum my family. Because it's a place where I am understood. Thanks for creating this forum and being here with us.

20. Jello

Jello Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $547
    @Almantas Great post indeed. I'm no stranger to depressions and suffering from PTSD leads often to procrastination.
    But post likes this keeps me coming back to this forum and keeps remembering that's all about providing value.
    Not the lambo posts but people like you.

Respect and keep on doing what you're doing, it's very inspiring.

21. Arun Siva

Arun Siva aspiring 大君 of the bourgeoisie Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $11,673
    i dont know what your diet is like but you can easily tweak things here and there to turn DIEt (hate the word) into lifestyle. For me keto works. For you, you have to just figure out what will get your body out of homeostasis and into fat burning mode which will surely enough increase energy levels thus uplifting your moods, etc.

22. Rearden

Rearden Inventor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $307
    Love this @Almantas Thank you!
    I have had a difficult time getting the entrepreneurial engine started back up. But I love this and am going to do it!
    Thanks again!

Almantas likes this.
  23. Almantas

Rep Bank:
    $1,840
    Yes, diet is critical part of a productive lifestyle. I forgot the guy's name, but there was a thread on forum about a guy that couldn't function properly while eating carbs - I am the same. That's why I jumped back onto Ketogenic lifestyle again - no more brain fog, no more irritation, no more junk food cravings and positive attitude throughout the day.

24. PureA

PureA Winners never quit Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,386
    I eat largely the same. The amount of times I hear this exact same story is incredible! Who would have thought the USDA food pyramid is upside down...

Almantas and ValueGenerator like this.
  25. F Wings

F Wings New Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $158
    This was an inspiring read. Truly.

So what's next in the bullet list for you now that you got your mojo & income up?

Might I suggest fixing the lifestyle once and for all? Start gradually making more and more healthy habits. If I might make a humble suggestion or two from someone who has had some struggles with depression in the past:

1. Get a steady circadian rhythm. I read on your post you were working in the wee hours. Most people tend to function best with getting up around the same time the sun gets up. It's what nature indented. Whatever the time you get up, it should be around the same time every day. This will help you sleep better. Sleep is numero uno - most crucial thing for keeping a good mood and your mind working.

2. Diet & exercise: Good on you you found your favourable diet. Now stick to it and only take a cheat meal when you yourself allow it. For example: once a week, no more and no less.

Tip on getting exercise done: allow yourself to cut some slack when it comes to the quality of the workout but never ever skip it. If one set of pushups is all you can pull off today then go ahead and do it. Have the mind-set you at least did something, you progressed. Think marathon vs sprint. And besides, once you do your one set of pushups workout you usually don't stop there. First set is always the hardest. You will feel like doing something more.

Bottom line: take it easy, but take it

Tip n:2: Vary your exercises and make them fun. This isn't about building a bodybuilder physique, remember? It's about controlling your mood and keeping healthy. Do explosive sprints one day: feel your heart pound, and other day pick a pair of dumb-bells and do an arm workout. Whatever gets you going that day.

3. Have you researched intermitted fasting? Seems to work well with my diet (low carb/paleo)

best of luck.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018 at 12:45 PM