The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Introduction

Neatt04

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Aug 23, 2022
Hey My name is Sean Neatt, I'm from Nova Scotia Canada and I'm in the middle of reading the Millionaire fastlane . I'd like to say that I have no idea how this forum works so if this is too long sorry. I'm less then two weeks away from going off for my first year of a business degree hoping to major in marketing but all summer I've been hearing the same thing, University/College is a waste of money. One particular individual stuck out more than any other, while I was serving this man, a customer at my summer job. He told me about how he got a science degree but after graduating he started a bunch of different companies and despite any business degree claims he has seen tremendous success. This guy also told me he owns hundreds of thousands of dollars in Bitcoin. I have always seen myself as outgoing and always been while liked by friends. While reading this book I've agreed with every point and have felt it matches my beliefs in life 100%. Im just wondering if this guys advise is correct or if majoring in marketing will help my entrepreneurial career that I seek upon graduation. I hope this message receives replies to help me out and they give me the answers I seek.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TheJon

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Aug 7, 2022
Philadelphia PA - USA
Welcome!

I think marketing beats "management" by leaps and bounds. (management is what I went for) I see advice on here often I agree with that if you can take something that actually gives you some marketable skill off the bat that's a plus (business doesn't do that very well).

What I know for sure is while your there you need to be involved in all sorts of networking, business clubs, and engaging the market. That'd also be a good time to go start an actual business while your not completely locked into the grind of life

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
Hey My name is Sean Neatt, I'm from Nova Scotia Canada and I'm in the middle of reading the Millionaire fastlane . I'd like to say that I have no idea how this forum works so if this is too long sorry. I'm less then two weeks away from going off for my first year of a business degree hoping to major in marketing but all summer I've been hearing the same thing, University/College is a waste of money. One particular individual stuck out more than any other, while I was serving this man, a customer at my summer job. He told me about how he got a science degree but after graduating he started a bunch of different companies and despite any business degree claims he has seen tremendous success. This guy also told me he owns hundreds of thousands of dollars in Bitcoin. I have always seen myself as outgoing and always been while liked by friends. While reading this book I've agreed with every point and have felt it matches my beliefs in life 100%. Im just wondering if this guys advise is correct or if majoring in marketing will help my entrepreneurial career that I seek upon graduation. I hope this message receives replies to help me out and they give me the answers I seek.
Welcome. Yes, being a great marketer will help you out tremendously in your fastlane journey, especially when you're able to apply it to your own venture. Marketing is a vital aspect of growing a business. Doesn't matter what you sell or how good you are if no one knows about you. You need to know how to reach people who want to buy your products/services.

Neatt04

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Aug 23, 2022
Welcome!

I think marketing beats "management" by leaps and bounds. (management is what I went for) I see advice on here often I agree with that if you can take something that actually gives you some marketable skill off the bat that's a plus (business doesn't do that very well).

What I know for sure is while your there you need to be involved in all sorts of networking, business clubs, and engaging the market. That'd also be a good time to go start an actual business while your not completely locked into the grind of life
I completely agree I have every intention on joining every club and making great connections. Im extremely outgoing and love meeting people so I really hope I meet the right people.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
Welcome!

You can also learn a lot about management just by playing team sports. Learned a lot from playing football/soccer by being the leader on the team. Business is the same thing with leading your employees. So many similarities between sports and entrepreneurship!

Neatt04

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Aug 23, 2022
You can also learn a lot about management just by playing team sports. Learned a lot from playing football/soccer by being the leader on the team. Business is the same thing with leading your employees. So many similarities between sports and entrepreneurship!
Oh yea I played football all through high school and hockey and basketball as well before that so I definitely see what you mean. I'm quitting all sports in college to focus on school but I've always drawn the similarity between how my football coach in high school ran the team and how people run companies. It was almost identical.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...