The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My blog is live, FINALLY!

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jan 2, 2021
India
Hey everyone, my blog is live now. Here's a link to it:

I know there a number of faults and number of changes that I need to make, but I'd love your feedback. Anything to change, anything you guys don't like, anything I need to add, literally any feedback is welcome. Thank you once again to this forum :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
I only gave a quick look to your articles, which are hard to read.

Break down your paragraphs better, so for example your Nappuccino post:

In this fast moving world, “napping” happens to be one of the most underrated factors for health and productivity. We prefer getting Caffeinated and working endlessly without any significant change in our efficiency, then to actually give in to the “Afternoon Slump”. As described by Matthew Walker in his fascinating book “WHY WE SLEEP” , a half hour or 30 minute nap(before 3PM) might actually help in improving your memory, and helps you improve your focus for the rest of the day(until you fall asleep).
Now, the coffee junkies (like myself) would know that after having a cup of coffee, it takes around 20-25 minutes to get in our bloodstream and reach our brains(thus numbing the effect of MELATONIN release). Combining the NAP and CAPPUCINO, author Daniel H. Pink came up with a term called NAPPUCINO in his book “WHEN”. He suggests taking a short nap right after having a cup of cappuccino so that when we wake up after 20-25 minutes we’re no longer the slaves of the afternoon slump and we’re far more alert than we were before, thus improving our focus and efficiency of working.
Nappucino has been, by far, the most effective technique to get rid of the Afternoon Slump. Usually, we feel the slumps twice in 24 hours. The first one is at night around 3AM, which is rarely noticed since most of us are asleep by then, and the second one is in the afternoon around 3PM. People working from the usual 9-5 or 10-6 tend to become the victims of the second slump, which is where NAPPUCINO would come to the rescue.
Try and let me know how that works for you.
Thanks for reading :).

With better separation, you can vastly improve your readability, like this:

In this fast moving world, “napping” happens to be one of the most underrated factors for health and productivity. We prefer getting Caffeinated and working endlessly without any significant change in our efficiency, then to actually give in to the “Afternoon Slump”.

As described by Matthew Walker in his fascinating book “WHY WE SLEEP” , a half hour or 30 minute nap(before 3PM) might actually help in improving your memory, and helps you improve your focus for the rest of the day(until you fall asleep).

Now, the coffee junkies (like myself) would know that after having a cup of coffee, it takes around 20-25 minutes to get in our bloodstream and reach our brains(thus numbing the effect of MELATONIN release).

Combining the NAP and CAPPUCINO, author Daniel H. Pink came up with a term called NAPPUCINO in his book “WHEN”. He suggests taking a short nap right after having a cup of cappuccino so that when we wake up after 20-25 minutes we’re no longer the slaves of the afternoon slump and we’re far more alert than we were before, thus improving our focus and efficiency of working.

Nappucino has been, by far, the most effective technique to get rid of the Afternoon Slump. Usually, we feel the slumps twice in 24 hours. The first one is at night around 3AM, which is rarely noticed since most of us are asleep by then, and the second one is in the afternoon around 3PM.

People working from the usual 9-5 or 10-6 tend to become the victims of the second slump, which is where NAPPUCINO would come to the rescue.

You should also separate your articles with subheadings, so H2s and H3s where it makes sense. It makes easier for Google to analyze your articles, and it's easier for your readers to understand what you're talking about.

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jan 2, 2021
India
I only gave a quick look to your articles, which are hard to read.

Break down your paragraphs better, so for example your Nappuccino post:

In this fast moving world, “napping” happens to be one of the most underrated factors for health and productivity. We prefer getting Caffeinated and working endlessly without any significant change in our efficiency, then to actually give in to the “Afternoon Slump”. As described by Matthew Walker in his fascinating book “WHY WE SLEEP” , a half hour or 30 minute nap(before 3PM) might actually help in improving your memory, and helps you improve your focus for the rest of the day(until you fall asleep).
Now, the coffee junkies (like myself) would know that after having a cup of coffee, it takes around 20-25 minutes to get in our bloodstream and reach our brains(thus numbing the effect of MELATONIN release). Combining the NAP and CAPPUCINO, author Daniel H. Pink came up with a term called NAPPUCINO in his book “WHEN”. He suggests taking a short nap right after having a cup of cappuccino so that when we wake up after 20-25 minutes we’re no longer the slaves of the afternoon slump and we’re far more alert than we were before, thus improving our focus and efficiency of working.
Nappucino has been, by far, the most effective technique to get rid of the Afternoon Slump. Usually, we feel the slumps twice in 24 hours. The first one is at night around 3AM, which is rarely noticed since most of us are asleep by then, and the second one is in the afternoon around 3PM. People working from the usual 9-5 or 10-6 tend to become the victims of the second slump, which is where NAPPUCINO would come to the rescue.

With better separation, you can vastly improve your readability, like this:

In this fast moving world, “napping” happens to be one of the most underrated factors for health and productivity. We prefer getting Caffeinated and working endlessly without any significant change in our efficiency, then to actually give in to the “Afternoon Slump”.

As described by Matthew Walker in his fascinating book “WHY WE SLEEP” , a half hour or 30 minute nap(before 3PM) might actually help in improving your memory, and helps you improve your focus for the rest of the day(until you fall asleep).

Now, the coffee junkies (like myself) would know that after having a cup of coffee, it takes around 20-25 minutes to get in our bloodstream and reach our brains(thus numbing the effect of MELATONIN release).

Combining the NAP and CAPPUCINO, author Daniel H. Pink came up with a term called NAPPUCINO in his book “WHEN”. He suggests taking a short nap right after having a cup of cappuccino so that when we wake up after 20-25 minutes we’re no longer the slaves of the afternoon slump and we’re far more alert than we were before, thus improving our focus and efficiency of working.

Nappucino has been, by far, the most effective technique to get rid of the Afternoon Slump. Usually, we feel the slumps twice in 24 hours. The first one is at night around 3AM, which is rarely noticed since most of us are asleep by then, and the second one is in the afternoon around 3PM.

People working from the usual 9-5 or 10-6 tend to become the victims of the second slump, which is where NAPPUCINO would come to the rescue.

You should also separate your articles with subheadings, so H2s and H3s where it makes sense. It makes easier for Google to analyze your articles, and it's easier for your readers to understand what you're talking about.
So, my paragraphs need to be a bit more readable, right?
Anything about the design I need to change?

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
So, my paragraphs need to be a bit more readable, right?
Anything about the design I need to change?
Your blog's design is terrible, but I know 0 about good design so it's not like I would have been able to do a better job :rofl:

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Not meaning to put you down because you have taken some action, but there's a lot more that you need to do right there. To start with, think about your brand... Simplify Productivity.

Who will visit that blog?

Someone who wants to be productive, and who wants an easier way to be productive.

Now, can you see how your blog's name (and it's a good name), goes COMPLETELY against your blog's design? Your blog is complex. It has weird images that I don't see the purpose of. It's precisely NOT simple. That means that even if I was in your target audience, I'd get right outta there before reading anything, because you're not matching my expectations.

Use a VERY minimalistic and simple layout. People are there to get to the meat ASAP. No blabber, no fluff. Maybe even the posts, make them as short as you can. Remember, your visitors want to be more productive, in easier ways. They don't wanna spend ages being productive.

Anyway, that's my feedback for now. Think about your brand. Good luck.

TinyTim

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
May 1, 2016
The World
Hey everyone, my blog is live now. Here's a link to it:

I know there a number of faults and number of changes that I need to make, but I'd love your feedback. Anything to change, anything you guys don't like, anything I need to add, literally any feedback is welcome. Thank you once again to this forum :)
Good job with making a start.

Few tips:

1) Break up the paragraphs. 2-3 sentences per paragraph MAX.

2) I see you're using Wordpress. Pick a better theme without the clutter. I would instantly click off this site. Generate Press is a good starter theme with lots of templates.

3) Fix the permalinks.

4) What is your plan to get traffic? If it's SEO, then you also need to think about what people will be searching for to find your article. It will be hard for people to find your "dumb down your phone" article. Try something like "How to become less addicted to my phone?"

deniz

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Oct 3, 2018
London, UK
The theme looks very familiar, pretty sure I've seen it many times over on other sites. Perhaps change it up a little to make it a bit more unique to you and your branding? Do your users need to know that you used WordPress?

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Jun 29, 2011
The design obviously needs an overhaul.
The writing also needs an overhaul.
Not the message per se, but you've got a dozen spelling/grammatical errors in the first paragraph alone.
That tells me you're not the person I should be taking advice from at all.

I guess the most important thing is, what's the purpose of the blog?
Do you just want an outlet to write?
Do you want to make money from it? Have you determined how you'll do it?

Good luck.

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jan 2, 2021
India
Not meaning to put you down because you have taken some action, but there's a lot more that you need to do right there. To start with, think about your brand... Simplify Productivity.

Who will visit that blog?

Someone who wants to be productive, and who wants an easier way to be productive.

Now, can you see how your blog's name (and it's a good name), goes COMPLETELY against your blog's design? Your blog is complex. It has weird images that I don't see the purpose of. It's precisely NOT simple. That means that even if I was in your target audience, I'd get right outta there before reading anything, because you're not matching my expectations.

Use a VERY minimalistic and simple layout. People are there to get to the meat ASAP. No blabber, no fluff. Maybe even the posts, make them as short as you can. Remember, your visitors want to be more productive, in easier ways. They don't wanna spend ages being productive.

Anyway, that's my feedback for now. Think about your brand. Good luck.
That's true. The purpose of this blog to make productivity simple, and my blog design is anything but simple. I'll try and use a simple theme, make my content short and the images..I'll try not to use them unless it's absoloutely necessary, thank you for the feedback :)

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jan 2, 2021
India
Good job with making a start.

Few tips:

1) Break up the paragraphs. 2-3 sentences per paragraph MAX.

2) I see you're using Wordpress. Pick a better theme without the clutter. I would instantly click off this site. Generate Press is a good starter theme with lots of templates.

3) Fix the permalinks.

4) What is your plan to get traffic? If it's SEO, then you also need to think about what people will be searching for to find your article. It will be hard for people to find your "dumb down your phone" article. Try something like "How to become less addicted to my phone?"
I plan to give out an article every 2-3 days, and also use SEO as a tool to rank my blog. But before I go into SEO, I need to work on my writing. It's not perfect, and I need to design a simpler website. Taking your feedback into consideration, I'll try and make the articles as well the headings and the design more user friendly. Thank you so much for the feedback :)

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jan 2, 2021
India
The theme looks very familiar, pretty sure I've seen it many times over on other sites. Perhaps change it up a little to make it a bit more unique to you and your branding? Do your users need to know that you used WordPress?
Yes, choosing a simpler theme would probably be the first key to make users more keen to visit my blog. Thank you for the feedback :)

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jan 2, 2021
India
The design obviously needs an overhaul.
The writing also needs an overhaul.
Not the message per se, but you've got a dozen spelling/grammatical errors in the first paragraph alone.
That tells me you're not the person I should be taking advice from at all.

I guess the most important thing is, what's the purpose of the blog?
Do you just want an outlet to write?
Do you want to make money from it? Have you determined how you'll do it?

Good luck.

Yes, design as well as writing are two important things that I need to work on. Probably shouldn't have taken my blog live with an amateur design. The purpose of writing this blog is to work on my blogging as well as SEO skills. Making money from it is secondary, but I wouldn't say that I haven't considered that. Thank you so much for your feedback, working on it now. I appreciate it :)

Martin.G

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 31, 2019
Argentina
Did you do a keyword research? Because some articles has a very generalist titles, like "The 80/20 rule". There are a lot of writing about that subjects, so you probably are not going to rank by that.

Also, you have to write more. For a keyword so competitive like that, with less than 300 words you are not going to rank. I don't mean that if you write 5000 you are going to achieve the top places in the ranking, but you are going to write a lot of long keywords that they are going to bring traffic.

Add images, infographics and bullets list. Maybe when contents are so shorts it doesn't matter, but if you write a lot it is kind of boring to read and see only text. We are on the internet, people get boring easily and go to other websites with more fun.

Try to add categories, so when someone came to your website can look at different topics.

The page "about" is not intended to bring traffic, but to show who you are. Leave the definition of "What is productivity?" in other pages. Like home, where you wrote a very short paragraph.

Lastly, change the URL of the posts. "?p=81" is ugly, and you are missing an opportunity to put new keywords there.

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jan 2, 2021
India
Did you do a keyword research? Because some articles has a very generalist titles, like "The 80/20 rule". There are a lot of writing about that subjects, so you probably are not going to rank by that.

Also, you have to write more. For a keyword so competitive like that, with less than 300 words you are not going to rank. I don't mean that if you write 5000 you are going to achieve the top places in the ranking, but you are going to write a lot of long keywords that they are going to bring traffic.

Add images, infographics and bullets list. Maybe when contents are so shorts it doesn't matter, but if you write a lot it is kind of boring to read and see only text. We are on the internet, people get boring easily and go to other websites with more fun.

Try to add categories, so when someone came to your website can look at different topics.

The page "about" is not intended to bring traffic, but to show who you are. Leave the definition of "What is productivity?" in other pages. Like home, where you wrote a very short paragraph.

Lastly, change the URL of the posts. "?p=81" is ugly, and you are missing an opportunity to put new keywords there.
I am targeting at least 4 paragraphs, and getting to point as soon as I could, also turned Yoast SEO plugin on, so that might help me a little bit. I might add categories later once I have enough posts to differentiate from, also.. bulleted list? Maybe I can add a summary of the post as a bulleted list. Thank you for the feedback:)

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jan 2, 2021
India
Hey Everyone, just a quick update. Changed my home page content, as well as the design theme. Let me know what you think.

BlackSuperman

What Legacy Will You Leave Behind?
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
341%
Sep 6, 2020
United States
I don’t want to burst your bubble, as I love the action, but your homepage copy isn’t establishing your productivity knowledge as valueable.

I understand you want to be modest, BUT with a topic like productivity and “bettering others” you need to position yourself as someone whose knowledge can be helpful.

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jan 2, 2021
India
I don’t want to burst your bubble, as I love the action, but your homepage copy isn’t establishing your productivity knowledge as valueable.

I understand you want to be modest, BUT with a topic like productivity and “bettering others” you need to position yourself as someone whose knowledge can be helpful.
And how do I do that? I am certainly no expert here so kinda hard to do that.

refai

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jan 10, 2021
And how do I do that? I am certainly no expert here so kinda hard to do that.
You could put more of an emphasis on the blog being an aggregate of some of the best advice available from experts, authors, successful entrepreneurs etc.. Your "expertise" and value comes from you testing out this advice in your own life, seeing whether or not it worked for you, how you tweaked the advice, etc...

No need to go on and on about how you lack expertise. When I read your home page it almost feels like you really want me to click off and go read someone else's blog instead!

Last edited:

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jan 2, 2021
India
You could put more of an emphasis on the blog being an aggregate of some of the best advice available from experts, authors, successful entrepreneurs etc.. Your "expertise" and value comes from you testing out this advice in your own life, seeing whether or not it worked for you, how you tweaked the advice, etc...

No need to go on and on about how you lack expertise. When I read your home page it almost feels like you really want me to click off and go read someone else's blog instead!
Alright, so maybe I make my Home page a bit more subtle and less about me not being an expert in this field. Also, should I write about my own experiment INSIDE the article? Or Should I create another section dedicated just to that subject?

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
Hi Hi and great to see you taking action dude.

Ok as someone currently in the process of making a Productivity app I've been immersed in all aspects of Productivity for some time.... I'm in the 5am club and always start my morning routine with Lions Mane Mushroom coffee, and I use apps like Stickk and Coach.me and websites like Focusmate to keep me on track, not because I'm some high level guru but rather the opposite: I'm a wreck trying to hold my fastlane venture together as well as a day job and looking after a sick parent and her house.

Me personally I'd be interested in reading your experiences of what tools and techniques you used and what results you gained... I'm sure your personal story would appeal to readers like me!

Regarding your blog I'd take out the first two paragraphs and start at the Tim Ferris paragraph as you're conveying too much weakness and actively telling people not to read the blog. You'd be better off reframing it as I want to be xxx by xxx and I'm embarking on a journey to test out all the tools and tactics that will help get me there, a journey I that I hope you will join me on. etc. Make it an adventure the audience will want to go on with you.. like a Greek Saga! lol

Visually you'd definitely need something more appealing. Its easy to make or hire someone to make a one page website using a stylish Wordpress theme, and have seperate pages running off that.

James Clear (Atomic Habits) uses his website and email list in an interesting way. Cal Newport (Deep Work) uses an intriguing podcast... You'd need something unique to offer... an app, a PDF, a giveaway... your USP.

In my honest opinion I don't think a blog will be any use to you financially except as maybe to get some experience and to maybe build a small following. But I'm not a blogger just an avid reader!

If you are going to give a substantial amount of your time to something why not try: MARKETPLACE - Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
From reading the posts there's more than enough free stuff on his Youtube to get you started!
Just a thought!

Some links:

Last edited:

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jan 2, 2021
India
Hi Hi and great to see you taking action dude.

Ok as someone currently in the process of making a Productivity app I've been immersed in all aspects of Productivity for some time.... I'm in the 5am club and always start my morning routine with Lions Mane Mushroom coffee, and I use apps like Stickk and Coach.me and websites like Focusmate to keep me on track, not because I'm some high level guru but rather the opposite: I'm a wreck trying to hold my fastlane venture together as well as a day job and looking after a sick parent and her house.

Me personally I'd be interested in reading your experiences of what tools and techniques you used and what results you gained... I'm sure your personal story would appeal to readers like me!

Regarding your blog I'd take out the first two paragraphs and start at the Tim Ferris paragraph as you're conveying too much weakness and actively telling people not to read the blog. You'd be better off reframing it as I want to be xxx by xxx and I'm embarking on a journey to test out all the tools and tactics that will help get me there, a journey I that I hope you will join me on. etc. Make it an adventure the audience will want to go on with you.. like a Greek Saga! lol

Visually you'd definitely need something more appealing. Its easy to make or hire someone to make a one page website using a stylish Wordpress theme, and have seperate pages running off that.

James Clear (Atomic Habits) uses his website and email list in an interesting way. Cal Newport (Deep Work) uses an intriguing podcast... You'd need something unique to offer... an app, a PDF, a giveaway... your USP.

In my honest opinion I don't think a blog will be any use to you financially except as maybe to get some experience and to maybe build a small following. But I'm not a blogger just an avid reader!

If you are going to give a substantial amount of your time to something why not try: MARKETPLACE - Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
From reading the posts there's more than enough free stuff on his Youtube to get you started!
Just a thought!

Some links:
Thank you for your feedback @Hadrian. To give out a little backstory, I've created this blog for 2 reasons
1. Experience with blogging
2. Experience with SEO. Unless and Until I land a client, I'd at least have my own website to put into action whatever I learn in SEO. Not doing this for the money, but I wouldn't mind making some in the long run.

Coming to the design part, yes I do need to make it a little bit more simpler. Going through those productivity hacks myself and writing about my own experience is definitely an interesting idea. How do you think I should incorporate that on my blog? Should I have a different section altogether? Or should I insert that section in the articles itself?

P.S: I am grateful for having started this thread, I love the feedback and I thank each and everyone who have provided feedback, from the bottom of my heart. Thank you @MJ DeMarco for making this forum :)

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
How do you think I should incorporate that on my blog? Should I have a different section altogether? Or should I insert that section in the articles itself?
Hi Hi ah its great that you're taking action that's the main thing, just remember MJ's five commandments before you invest heavily in any project...

As for how to design the blog hmmm I'm not qualified to instruct you to be honest as I don't know anything about blogging... except reading them... and everyone has different tastes/hooks....

For example I'm a huge fan of Ancient History and if you created a blog based on the 10 labours of Hercules I'd be hooked instantly:

e.g.

The Twelve Labors
  • Slay the Nemean Lion. ... How to get up early
  • Slay the Lernean Hydra. ... How to focus on the main task that can push the needle forward
  • Capture the Golden Hind. ... How to avoid distractions
  • Capture the Erymanthian Boar. ...
  • Clean the Stables of King Augeas. ...
  • Defeat the Stymphalian Birds. ...
  • Capture the Cretan Bull. ...
  • Bring Back the Mares of Diomedes.
  • etc. etc.
Just food for thought... :peace:

Last edited:

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jan 2, 2021
India
Hey everyone, just a quick update. I've made the blog even more simpler, and edited some articles to optimise it even more(using YOAST SEO). Need a quick feedback. Thanks :)
P.S: The article that I'm writing now will also include a HOW I USE IT? section to get a little bit more personal on the blog, so that the readers could connect with the topic.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
That's simple all right.

1 - The light blue on white is a little hard to read.
2 - the font just looks "off"
3 - I disagree with the idea that blog posts should be short. Productive people want short bursts, they are busy. But you aren't writing for people already know how to be productive (If you were, your first post wouldn't need to define it). Since you are writing for people who want to be more productive, but probably aren't, focus instead on displaying your expertise. Make the blog post as long as the topic merits.

If you write in short sentence instead of droning on and on, and if you feed them a steady stream of new useful info, you'll find you can writing 2000 word articles and people will feel like they breezed trhough it and got a lot out of it.

I think your font is awful. Every letter is stretched wider than necessary, making it tougher to read. This is a great font to use in a space themed video game, but not on an easy to read blog. Bump up the font size a touch. It looks like your font is gray, use black instead. The more contrast, the more legible it is. As an example - Seth's Blog (He also doesn't use black, but it is a darker shade of grey - hex #2c3e50 )

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jan 2, 2021
India
That's simple all right.

1 - The light blue on white is a little hard to read.
2 - the font just looks "off"
3 - I disagree with the idea that blog posts should be short. Productive people want short bursts, they are busy. But you aren't writing for people already know how to be productive (If you were, your first post wouldn't need to define it). Since you are writing for people who want to be more productive, but probably aren't, focus instead on displaying your expertise. Make the blog post as long as the topic merits.

If you write in short sentence instead of droning on and on, and if you feed them a steady stream of new useful info, you'll find you can writing 2000 word articles and people will feel like they breezed trhough it and got a lot out of it.

I think your font is awful. Every letter is stretched wider than necessary, making it tougher to read. This is a great font to use in a space themed video game, but not on an easy to read blog. Bump up the font size a touch. It looks like your font is gray, use black instead. The more contrast, the more legible it is. As an example - Seth's Blog (He also doesn't use black, but it is a darker shade of grey - hex #2c3e50 )
Thanks, much appreciated. I was kinda confused with my post being longer or shorter, and I don't need to use fillers to make it long. Instead, I should be focusing on more useful info throughout the post.

Yes, I too thought the fonts were a bit off. I'll change it, thanks for the feedback.

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jan 2, 2021
India
Published another article keeping in mind the feedback you guys provided. Appreciate any feedback, thanks :)
P.S: I hope the article is a tad bit better than the initial ones.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.