• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

NOTABLE! My 600lb Life: Addiction, Enabling, More (RANT)

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by MJ DeMarco, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Mr.Brandtastic

Mr.Brandtastic Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,829
    The sad part about this show is how bad the family members enabled them, you're absolutely right about that. Really the show that needs to be made is my 300 pound life, or my 250 pound life, or even my 200 pound life. Unfortunately with current obesity rates, they could do 20 shows a day and never come close to grasping the scope of the problem.

The problem is the misunderstanding of the problem, the scope of the problem, and when to intervene. You need to teach people at an early age to take personal responsibility and healthy eating habits, the sooner the better. Often times the parents are fat and teach their kids unhealthy eating. Then they're shocked when their kid grows up very fat and unhealthy when they have nothing healthy to eat in the house and never exercise.

I guarantee with almost all these 600 pound life people there were rarely if ever fruits, vegetables, and healthy alternatives growing up. But sure enough I bet there were cupboards full of chips, sugary cereals, fruit roll-ups, oreos, and all other assorted crap. They started their weight gain early. But at some point, you MUST take personal responsibility for yourself. Which of course, is never taught to them. They're taught it's always someone else's fault from sidewalking parents, such a tragedy.

But also the intervention should be much earlier like I stated above, waiting until someone is 600 pounds to intervene is seriously like waiting until someone's cancer metastasizes in order to start treatment. It's lunacy. It's sad the state of irresponsibility and playing the victim that goes on here. Grow up. This show should really be renamed, "What happens when a culture loses all self-respect, disregards personal responsibility, blames everyone else, and people don't care about their self-image." I guess that wouldn't be as catchy though.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.