The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Moving away to achieve one's dreams:painful but necessary.

Anything related to matters of the mind

Aryeh

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Feb 15, 2020
I would like to try to create a discussion about an important topic:the sacrifices one has to make in order to achieve success.I recently read "Winning "by Tim Grover(I recommend it)and among the many sentences that struck me is one:to win,to succeed,there is always a price to pay. This price can be:loneliness,abandonment or estrangement from some people,isolation.In particular,I would like to dwell on abandonment or estrangement,even partial.All of us have people who are close to us and for whom we feel affection (I am not only talking about people belonging to our family,but also friends,comrades,members of an organization. ..).Sometimes,in order to realize one's dreams,one has to move away from them:I'm not just talking about a "traumatic" estrangement so to speak,but also a "hey,I'm going away for a while,I'll realize my dreams and then we'll see each other again" kind of estrangement. There are important people in my life,yet I know that to achieve what I want I will have to move away from them. I don't know what will happen,but,honestly,some fear is there:fear of not seeing them again,fear of having ruined the relationship,fear that the confidence will disappear. But I know that it is necessary.What do you think ? How do you live this situation ? What do you think to do ? Let's talk about it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Hong_Kong

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Apr 7, 2022
(I am not only talking about people belonging to our family,but also friends,comrades,members of an organization. ..).Sometimes,in order to realize one's dreams,one has to move away from them:I'm not just talking about a "traumatic" estrangement so to speak,but also a "hey,I'm going away for a while,I'll realize my dreams and then we'll see each other again" kind of estrangement. There are important people in my life,yet I know that to achieve what I want I will have to move away from them. I don't know what will happen,but,honestly,some fear is there:fear of not seeing them again,fear of having ruined the relationship,fear that the confidence will disappear. But I know that it is necessary.What do you think ? How do you live this situation ? What do you think to do ? Let's talk about it.
You could move away and I see where you are coming from. But you can also stay in the same area and cut them off. How?
1. Change your number.
2. Get a piece of paper and write down 5 names of people you want to stay in contact with (includes family, your parents etc.).
3. Give those 5 people your number, tell them to not give your number to anyone else.
4. Change your voicemail to: "I've changed my number. If you don't have my new one, you're out of my life."
5. Now with these people out of your life, focus on making money.

You are the average of the 5 people you hang around with. There is a reason ancient militaries would burn the boats when they arrive to a new land. Look only forward.

Sitti SND

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 6, 2019
Si j'ai un conseil à vous donner, c'est de couper complètement les ponts. Je ne m'attendais pas à être dans une situation difficile pour vous vaincre. Je suis une femme et je me retrouve dans une situation à laquelle je n'étais pas préparée.

Aryeh

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Feb 15, 2020

Angler

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Sep 9, 2021
I don't know what will happen,but,honestly,some fear is there:fear of not seeing them again,fear of having ruined the relationship,fear that the confidence will disappear.
Have some faith in yourself.

Fully trusting your gut is better than thousands of well wishers and platitudes from those around you. They mean jack when you can't even see yourself succeeding without their words of encouragement. It may make you feel good sure, for a little bit, then it fades and you're back to being with yourself.

Aryeh

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Feb 15, 2020
However, I would like to know:have you ever had this situation ? How did you experience it,especially emotionally?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.