The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Motivational Quotes

Wolfgang5150

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 15, 2007
Orchard Park, NY
I really enjoy the content (and quality) of this forum. Thought I would start a new thread dedicated strictly to motivational quotes. For me, all it takes is one good quote to get me fired up about where I am going, and where I want to end up. Feel free to add on -
Here is one of my recent favorites:
'Entrepreneurship is living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't.'
(Author unknown)

Carpe Diem
Kevin S.
Orchard Park, NY

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
"Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing." -Helen Keller

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
LOL i have a few on the wall but do to new furn they got taken down, however. One night my girlfriend and I just need to relax from all the steress so we went to this hole in the wall chinese place that turned out to be aweosme. After some good food and relax i cracked open my fortune cookie and it read

":) Itsbetter to have a hen tomorrow than and egg today"

i thought that was fitting. I will post the others when i find them

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Oh god.... where do I start?

"The mass of men worry themselves into nameless graves while here and there a great unselfish soul forgets himself into immortality"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"
(Not sure of author)

I'd rather fail than live the regret of not trying
(My own quote, not sure if there is a prior author)

"I find life an exciting business ...and most exciting when it is lived for others"
Helen Keller

"My advice to salesmen is this: Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says "Make me feel important", not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life"
Mary Kay Ash

FASTLANE STUFF

"The opportunities of man are limited only by his imagination. But so few have imagination that there are 10,000 fiddlers to one composer."
Charles Kettering

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought."
Albert Szent Gyorgyui

"Most people are willing to pay more to be amused than to be educated"
Robert Savage

"The future is purchased by the present"

Samuel Johnson

DOING SOMETHING

"Laziness travels so slowly that poverty soon overtakes it"
Benjamin Franklin

"If hard work is the key to success, most people would rather pick the lock"
C. McDonald

M-M

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Aug 27, 2007
NC
You have to let it all go. Fear; doubt; disbelief - FREE YOUR MIND.

The Matrix was a huge influence on me and is to this date.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
I love the yoda quote. My wife is sick of hearing me say it! :)

I'm a big fan of Henry David Thoreau:

(he can be an acquired taste, so apologies if this is too much)

What got me started (from Walden, and the paraphrase from Dead Poets Society, which I love):

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out the marrow of life and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.

On following your dreams:

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined.

What to do once you build your dreams:

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

On how to live your life:

Be true to your work, your word, and your friend.

On defining what is truly right, and wrong:

Do not be too moral. You may cheat yourself out of much life. Aim above morality. Be not simply good; be good for something.

On passion for what you do, who you work with, and how to hire the right people:

Do not hire a man who does your work for money, but him who does it for love of it.

On feeding the soul:

He enjoys true leisure who has time to improve his soul's estate.

The importance of doing, instead of writing about it first:

How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live.

On Doing:

I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestioned ability of a man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor.

On the wonder of nature, and living things:

I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance that I should have been by any epaulet I could have worn.

On enjoying the outdoors:

In wildness is the preservation of the world.

On opening your eyes:

It is never too late to give up your prejudices.

On enjoying life:

Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.

On Success, and failure:

Men are born to succeed, not fail.

On working and keeping "busy":

Most are engaged in busy-ness the greater part of their lives, because the soul abhors a vacuum and they have not discovered any continuous employment for man's nobler faculties.

On keeping things simple:

Our life is frittered away by detail. Simplify, simplify.

Lastly, what you can get if you follow your dreams:

If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.

I'm a sucker for Mark Twain and Albert Einstein, too. :rolleyes:

-Russ H.

FT1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Aug 15, 2007
"Without a sense of urgency, desire loses its value." -Jim Rohn

"Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough."

Og Mandino

Money is a terrible master but an excellent servant.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
-Albert Einstein

HERE'S WHAT'S SCARY TO ME....How little a lot of people will do while
expecting massive results. –Dan Kennedy

"Don't let what you do not have stop you from using what you do have."
-Stephen Pierce

“Good thoughts bear good fruit, bad thoughts bear bad fruit – a man is his own gardener.†-James Allen, author

Sehcill

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Aug 19, 2007
Jacksonville, Florida
Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence and fulfills the duty to express the results of his thought in clear form.
-Albert Einstein

Before considering criticism or praise, first consider the source.
-Zig Ziglar

Guys check out http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/intelligence/

-Jason

8 SNAKE

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 15, 2007
Midwest
"A ship in the harbor is safe, but that's not what ships were made for."

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off of your goal."

"Deciding to quit only means that you forgot why you started."

"Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's possibilities."

"You can't cross the sea by merely standing and staring at the water."

"Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm."

"The difference between success and failure is one more try."

Allthingznew

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 26, 2007
" Start believing in yourself and the world will start believing in you."
Author Unknown

" You cannot take the cubs unless you enter the tiger's den."
Author Unknown

thecoach

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Aug 29, 2007
Regina, SK, Canada
I've always been big on sports so I look to the best athletes of all time...the ones that are truly the best in world at their proffession...Sports, business or personal, the messages are the same...

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." Michael Jordan

“Champions aren´t made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision.” - Mahamad Ali

"It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward" Rocky Balboa

"Adversity causes some men to break and others to break records" Unknown

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Coach, I tend to like your signature quote
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" Wayne Gretzky

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
"How do you go from where you are to where you want to be? I think you have to have an enthusiasm for life. You have to have a dream, a goal, and you have to be willing to work for it.”

Jim Valvano

ErikV10

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 2, 2007
To believe in yourself and to follow your dreams, to have goals in life and a drive to succeed, and to surround yourself with the things and the people that make you happy - this is success!

Erik

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
You can have anything you want if you want it desperately enough.
You must want it with an exuberance that erupts through the skin and
joins the energy that created the world.
--Sheila Graham

All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
--Buddha

S928

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 7, 2007
My two favorite quotes of all-time ... picked them up when I was a teenager.

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." - Eleanor Roosevelt

"Effort and courage are not enough without purpose and direction." - JFK

First one makes me believe, while the second one makes me rationalize, and when in sync, both are extremely crucial to my pysche.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Winston Churchill
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.

Difficulties mastered are opportunities won.

However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.

Kites rise highest against the wind - not with it.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

When I look back on all these worries, I remember the story of the old man who said on his deathbed that he had had a lot of trouble in his life, most of which had never happened.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

Frankjxx

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 28, 2007
South Florida
This is a great author and speaker

Some Quotes:

It doesn't matter where you are coming from. All that matters is where you are going.
Brian Tracy

Successful people are simply those with successful habits.
Brian Tracy

"Never say anything about yourself you do not want to come true.â€Brian Tracy

Nate

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Sep 24, 2007
Utah
Intaxication: Euphoria at getting a refund from the IRS, which lasts until you realize it was your money to start with. ~From a Washington Post word contest

People are living longer than ever before, a phenomenon undoubtedly made necessary by the 30-year mortgage. ~Doug Larson

The only reason a great many American families don’t own an elephant is that they have never been offered an elephant for a dollar down and easy weekly payments. ~Mad Magazine

Wealth - any income that is at least one hundred dollars more a year than the income of one’s wife’s sister’s husband. ~H.L. Mencken

Women prefer men who have something tender about them - especially the legal kind. ~Kay Ingram

If you lend someone $20, and never see that person again, it was probably worth it. ~Author Unknown

Save a little money each month and at the end of the year you’ll be surprised at how little you have. ~Ernest Haskins ----------- (SLOW LANE)

Money is not the most important thing in the world. Love is. Fortunately, I love money. ~Unknown Author

No matter how rich you become, how famous or powerful, when you die the size of your funeral will still pretty much depend on the weather. ~Michael Pritchard

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income. ~Errol Flynn

Money, if it does not bring you happiness, will at least help you be miserable in comfort. ~Helen Gurley Brown

I am opposed to millionaires, but it would be dangerous to offer me the position. ~Mark Twain

If you can count your money, you don’t have a billion dollars. ~J. Paul Getty

Money can’t buy happiness, but neither can poverty. ~Leo Rosten

Inflation is when you pay fifteen dollars for the ten-dollar haircut you used to get for five dollars when you had hair. ~Sam Ewing

A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don’t need it. ~Bob Hope

Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I’m not there, I go to work. ~Robert Orben

Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions. ~A.A. Latimer

Money can’t buy happiness, but it can buy you the kind of misery you prefer. ~Author Unknown

It frees you from doing things you dislike. Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy. ~Groucho Marx

October: This is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to speculate in stocks in. The others are July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June, December, August and February. ~Mark Twain, Pudd’nhead Wilson’s Calendar for 1894

Lack of money is the root of all evil. ~George Bernard Shaw

A woman’s mink coat represents the sacrifice of a lot of little animals, including her husband. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic’s Notebook, 1966

A nickel ain’t worth a dime anymore. ~Yogi Berra

Exodia

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 20, 2007
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
Martin Luther King, Jr

michael515

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Aug 27, 2007
"I'd rather be an optimist and a fool, than a pessimist and right." - Albert Einstein

"Great minds have purposes, others have wishes." - Washington Irving

"Never grow a wishbone where your backbone ought to be." - Helen Keller

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas A. Edison

“The secret to happiness is freedom. The secret to freedom is courage.†– Thucydides

And my favorite...

“To win the Tour I had to be willing to ride when no one else would ride.†– Lance Armstrong

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.