The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

more thoughts about business plan, not sure how to go about doing it

Idea threads

confuser

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 26, 2023
previous post for context IDEA - SCALING - QUESTION - repost of an idea i want thoughts on if anyone has the time

Some rambly thoughts ahead lol
I'm pretty confident in this being a viable thing to try out for real but I'm having trouble figuring out how to approach it. Seems that a lot of my troubles are coming from my circumstances. Seems as though it would make the most sense to set something up and get word around then make it legal and official later but the real issues start to come when I need to set it up. I can't really just do it all myself with my own computer for a website and such because it would be coming through internet at my parents and I would like to start all this up as a way to get living in my own so I need to set it up in a way that I can easily migrate to doing something like that, which means I'd have to stick to other services like square space for instance which I'm fine with and have used before but its not ideal and the other issue comes with having a location to receive stock to sell to people which I could send to my parents house again but thats not something I'd be comfortable with doing for similar reasons which means I'd have to use some service if such a thing exists where I can use another location to receive stuff. It would be easier if it was an official legal business from the get go because then I could get proper sponsoring and seed money through various things which would help with just about everything both marketing and physically setting up things but I feel like it wouldn't really be a solid idea to set up officially if i still didn't really have much as far as customers. Oh and theres also physically shipping stuff around, what services to use, I know all the flaws going on with the main stuff like ups, FedEx, USPS, dhl, etc, there are smaller ones thst may be helpful but a best case scenario to me would be having full control over that in some way even if it meant that I had to create another business just for that lol but then I know doing thst involves a whole lot of paper work in basically all directions and not just once but for just about every action...which is why it would make sense to use one of the companies I mentioned. Regardless of how things are actually done I still would have to build up people to use it in some way, which is pretty difficult without having something going either officially or unofficially but I know ways to get thst going pretty well through making it official but now I think I'm looping back onto myself So much to think about in so many directions, thats OK though because as chaotic as I seem right now its all actually pretty relatively straight in my head, just no idea how to actually get the ball rolling because my circumstances make it more difficult to do so unless I were to ask if it would be OK to use their stuff a bit for this but I'd reallllly rather not because its conflicting with the way I'd prefer to do things.
I suppose a way to start would be similar to sensei but that goes into a direction I dont want to go and I would have to make a course correct
Dunno if it would be a good idea but I could also begin by creating a space across platforms that lead into my business idea even before its actually going...a hype system, says a lot of things and what's gonna be happening but isnt here yet
But this requires having a plan first which I clearly dont got lol
Plus my end goal wouldn't be to have just this going, my brother has a similar plan to have multiple unrelated businesses feeding into a corp which are all owned by him for the reason that its better in the long run for many reasons from many directions
The other thing is that if I wanted to just get something going I could just be under his corp and then start something else to the same degree but that is also another case of going down a different path where I'd have to course correct
But my brother and I both seem to grasp this stuff well
Which begs the question, wonder if theres a way to get each other involved in the same thing because an opportunity exists to do this almost and we have a track record of consistently doing good when we work on the same stuff together
He has other plans already going though

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

confuser

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 26, 2023
previous post for context IDEA - SCALING - QUESTION - repost of an idea i want thoughts on if anyone has the time

I'm pretty confident in this being a viable thing to try out for real but I'm having trouble figuring out how to approach it. Seems that a lot of my troubles are coming from my circumstances. Seems as though it would make the most sense to set something up and get word around then make it legal and official later but the real issues start to come when I need to set it up. I can't really just do it all myself with my own computer for a website and such because it would be coming through internet at my parents and I would like to start all this up as a way to get living in my own so I need to set it up in a way that I can easily migrate to doing something like that, which means I'd have to stick to other services like square space for instance which I'm fine with and have used before but its not ideal and the other issue comes with having a location to receive stock to sell to people which I could send to my parents house again but thats not something I'd be comfortable with doing for similar reasons which means I'd have to use some service if such a thing exists where I can use another location to receive stuff. It would be easier if it was an official legal business from the get go because then I could get proper sponsoring and seed money through various things which would help with just about everything both marketing and physically setting up things but I feel like it wouldn't really be a solid idea to set up officially if i still didn't really have much as far as customers. Oh and theres also physically shipping stuff around, what services to use, I know all the flaws going on with the main stuff like ups, FedEx, USPS, dhl, etc, there are smaller ones thst may be helpful but a best case scenario to me would be having full control over that in some way even if it meant that I had to create another business just for that lol but then I know doing thst involves a whole lot of paper work in basically all directions and not just once but for just about every action...which is why it would make sense to use one of the companies I mentioned. Regardless of how things are actually done I still would have to build up people to use it in some way, which is pretty difficult without having something going either officially or unofficially but I know ways to get thst going pretty well through making it official but now I think I'm looping back onto myself So much to think about in so many directions, thats OK though because as chaotic as I seem right now its all actually pretty relatively straight in my head, just no idea how to actually get the ball rolling because my circumstances make it more difficult to do so unless I were to ask if it would be OK to use their stuff a bit for this but I'd reallllly rather not because its conflicting with the way I'd prefer to do things.
I suppose a way to start would be similar to sensei but that goes into a direction I dont want to go and I would have to make a course correct
Dunno if it would be a good idea but I could also begin by creating a space across platforms that lead into my business idea even before its actually going...a hype system, says a lot of things and what's gonna be happening but isnt here yet
But this requires having a plan first which I clearly dont got lol
Plus my end goal wouldn't be to have just this going, my brother has a similar plan to have multiple unrelated businesses feeding into a corp which are all owned by him for the reason that its better in the long run for many reasons from many directions
The other thing is that if I wanted to just get something going I could just be under his corp and then start something else to the same degree but that is also another case of going down a different path where I'd have to course correct
But my brother and I both seem to grasp this stuff well
Which begs the question, wonder if theres a way to get each other involved in the same thing because an opportunity exists to do this almost and we have a track record of consistently doing good when we work on the same stuff together
He has other plans already going though
bumping the post

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
bumping the post

May I suggest you try harder at formatting your posts? I opened it, saw the big wall of unformatted text and was about to close it (feeling "I don't have the patience for this, it'll be a hard thing to read").

When I saw you bumped the post, I went back and thought "maybe I can read it, let's try this again". Then I saw you had a link to another thread that is also a wall of text. So I gave up. I don't want to read, you are asking too much from me. You want me to invest time to digest your thread that begins with:

No LOL is going to make me want to read it. And I bet the reason you get no replies is that most people see it the way I do.

Do the work. Format it. Make it easy for your readers. Make it interesting and engaging.

As an added bonus to people replying to your threads, this way of writing ... That's a great skill to develop for any business aspirations you may have.

Since I didn't read your post, this is a shot in the dark!

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
May I suggest you try harder at formatting your posts? I opened it, saw the big wall of unformatted text and was about to close it (feeling "I don't have the patience for this, it'll be a hard thing to read").

When I saw you bumped the post, I went back and thought "maybe I can read it, let's try this again". Then I saw you had a link to another thread that is also a wall of text. So I gave up. I don't want to read, you are asking too much from me. You want me to invest time to digest your thread that begins with:

No LOL is going to make me want to read it. And I bet the reason you get no replies is that most people see it the way I do.

Do the work. Format it. Make it easy for your readers. Make it interesting and engaging.

As an added bonus to people replying to your threads, this way of writing ... That's a great skill to develop for any business aspirations you may have.

What I see when I opened this thread:IMG_1969.jpeg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Apr 27, 2022
United States
What I see when I opened this thread:View attachment 50815
No fr I almost threw up trying to interpret this text.

Hurt my head to read.

It's almost like you hit the auto-generate keyboard buttons on your phone over and over again.

confuser

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 26, 2023

Thankyou for the links, I think I actually remember reading one awhile back but revisiting stuff like this is always a good thing.
Now about the wall of text, not sure if you'd believe me with how much headache you've gone through but this is actually part of a vetting process I do when I'm in new online spaces, it may seem controversial but the results dont lie haha, it stands out nice and good, too good, and attracts those who are willing to listen and those are the ones I'd like to listen to the most.
I appreciate it!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.