The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

More learning tools like RichDad's classic game ?

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
Hey guys,

My recent push to finish reading TMF book in a week made me challenge myself: read 1 book a week.

My book for the week (while waiting to receive my Can't Hurt Me book) is Rich Dad Poor Dad. I'm already halfway through it.

I've been playing the RichDad's Classic game online today and I really enjoyed it. I know it doesn't teach the nitty gritty, but it explains a lot of the major stuff... it sparked interest in Real Estate for me, making me realize that I don't need to have the cash flow (I can take a loan) to acquire RE assets.

Is there more similar resources, games (physical, Android, etc), or other medias that can teach me similar subjects ?

I used to thrive in stock market simulators at high school, but I know they were far from real life (no transaction fees, etc.).

Any input/suggestion will be appreciated :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Apr 12, 2012
I enjoyed playing Capitalism 2 a couple years ago.
You can start companies in real estate and retail. Later on you can go into distribution and manufactoring.
You can sell/buy back shares of your company at an stock exchange and also aquire competing businesses.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
'cashflow for kids' is solid for the younger ones....

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
Flipping stuff on craigslist is the best real-world teacher in my opinion.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Flipping stuff on craigslist is the best real-world teacher in my opinion.
Or freelancing. Just doing simple writing jobs for clients can teach you lots of things, for starters.

When you have a feeling that you can do more than that, it's time to move up.

Hey guys,

My recent push to finish reading TMF book in a week made me challenge myself: read 1 book a week.

My book for the week (while waiting to receive my Can't Hurt Me book) is Rich Dad Poor Dad. I'm already halfway through it.

I've been playing the RichDad's Classic game online today and I really enjoyed it. I know it doesn't teach the nitty gritty, but it explains a lot of the major stuff... it sparked interest in Real Estate for me, making me realize that I don't need to have the cash flow (I can take a loan) to acquire RE assets.

Is there more similar resources, games (physical, Android, etc), or other medias that can teach me similar subjects ?

I used to thrive in stock market simulators at high school, but I know they were far from real life (no transaction fees, etc.).

Any input/suggestion will be appreciated :)
Long ago, I tried the RD online game as well. Here's what happened.

Much of the time was gambling though...there was nothing to research the stock companies on. I just bought low and sold high at price levels that I was comfortable with. I lucked out one too many times haha.

I tried buying real estate with and without loans, but the results didn't really differ.

Not exactly the best game to teach you how to get wealthy. A 10-year old would benefit greatly from it though.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Or freelancing. Just doing simple writing jobs for clients can teach you lots of things, for starters.

When you have a feeling that you can do more than that, it's time to move up.

Long ago, I tried the RD online game as well. Here's what happened.

Much of the time was gambling though...there was nothing to research the stock companies on. I just bought low and sold high at price levels that I was comfortable with. I lucked out one too many times haha.

I tried buying real estate with and without loans, but the results didn't really differ.

Not exactly the best game to teach you how to get wealthy. A 10-year old would benefit greatly from it though.

I second this.

Although, I saw this in another thread. You can go to aliexpress or alibaba and find a interesting product and maybe something you might buy yourself. Post a picture of it on craigslist or facebook marketplace, see how many requests you get to buy it (tell them you sold it already and haven't taken it down). Leave it up for a day or two.

See which one gets the most requests and then import a sample size, 20-30. Post it and sell it, use the money to order more... rinse and repeat until you can brand it and sell it on amazon/ebay... rinse and repeat... make your own website with the new brand... sell the business... WIN!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I would love to put together a game, just haven't gotten around to it. Sounds like it would be fun to create.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
I would love to put together a game, just haven't gotten around to it. Sounds like it would be fun to create.

You got a customer standingby.. would love to have some influence of this mindset on my kids

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
You got a customer standingby.. would love to have some influence of this mindset on my kids

Thank you! Yea it's on my list of things to do as another passion project. Would be so fun to create and mastermind. The production part of it, probably not so much.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.