The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • Sell-Me Saturday is Now Live!

Have something to sell? Want to promote your design service or a YouTube channel? SELL-ME SATURDAY is your opportunity to self-promote anything within the sphere of entrepreneurship on one thread... and at no cost. Go There
    Note: Indiscriminate SEO backlinking to questionable material is not allowed.
  • Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs who are earning their freedom and living their dream.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The C.E.N.T.S Framework outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED®). From multimillionaires to digital nomads to side hustlers who are grinding a job, the Fastlane Forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses with one goal in mind: Freedom— both financial and temporal.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane) Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block.

More learning tools like RichDad's classic game ?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Jeff Noel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
Hey guys,

My recent push to finish reading TMF book in a week made me challenge myself: read 1 book a week.

My book for the week (while waiting to receive my Can't Hurt Me book) is Rich Dad Poor Dad. I'm already halfway through it.

I've been playing the RichDad's Classic game online today and I really enjoyed it. I know it doesn't teach the nitty gritty, but it explains a lot of the major stuff... it sparked interest in Real Estate for me, making me realize that I don't need to have the cash flow (I can take a loan) to acquire RE assets.

Is there more similar resources, games (physical, Android, etc), or other medias that can teach me similar subjects ?

I used to thrive in stock market simulators at high school, but I know they were far from real life (no transaction fees, etc.).

Any input/suggestion will be appreciated :)

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

MakeItHappen

Silver Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Apr 12, 2012
I enjoyed playing Capitalism 2 a couple years ago.
You can start companies in real estate and retail. Later on you can go into distribution and manufactoring.
You can sell/buy back shares of your company at an stock exchange and also aquire competing businesses.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
'cashflow for kids' is solid for the younger ones....

ZF Lee

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Flipping stuff on craigslist is the best real-world teacher in my opinion.
Or freelancing. Just doing simple writing jobs for clients can teach you lots of things, for starters.

When you have a feeling that you can do more than that, it's time to move up.

Hey guys,

My recent push to finish reading TMF book in a week made me challenge myself: read 1 book a week.

My book for the week (while waiting to receive my Can't Hurt Me book) is Rich Dad Poor Dad. I'm already halfway through it.

I've been playing the RichDad's Classic game online today and I really enjoyed it. I know it doesn't teach the nitty gritty, but it explains a lot of the major stuff... it sparked interest in Real Estate for me, making me realize that I don't need to have the cash flow (I can take a loan) to acquire RE assets.

Is there more similar resources, games (physical, Android, etc), or other medias that can teach me similar subjects ?

I used to thrive in stock market simulators at high school, but I know they were far from real life (no transaction fees, etc.).

Any input/suggestion will be appreciated :)
Long ago, I tried the RD online game as well. Here's what happened.

Much of the time was gambling though...there was nothing to research the stock companies on. I just bought low and sold high at price levels that I was comfortable with. I lucked out one too many times haha.

I tried buying real estate with and without loans, but the results didn't really differ.

Not exactly the best game to teach you how to get wealthy. A 10-year old would benefit greatly from it though.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Or freelancing. Just doing simple writing jobs for clients can teach you lots of things, for starters.

When you have a feeling that you can do more than that, it's time to move up.

Long ago, I tried the RD online game as well. Here's what happened.

Much of the time was gambling though...there was nothing to research the stock companies on. I just bought low and sold high at price levels that I was comfortable with. I lucked out one too many times haha.

I tried buying real estate with and without loans, but the results didn't really differ.

Not exactly the best game to teach you how to get wealthy. A 10-year old would benefit greatly from it though.
I second this.

Although, I saw this in another thread. You can go to aliexpress or alibaba and find a interesting product and maybe something you might buy yourself. Post a picture of it on craigslist or facebook marketplace, see how many requests you get to buy it (tell them you sold it already and haven't taken it down). Leave it up for a day or two.

See which one gets the most requests and then import a sample size, 20-30. Post it and sell it, use the money to order more... rinse and repeat until you can brand it and sell it on amazon/ebay... rinse and repeat... make your own website with the new brand... sell the business... WIN!

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
I would love to put together a game, just haven't gotten around to it. Sounds like it would be fun to create.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
I would love to put together a game, just haven't gotten around to it. Sounds like it would be fun to create.
You got a customer standingby.. would love to have some influence of this mindset on my kids

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
You got a customer standingby.. would love to have some influence of this mindset on my kids
Thank you! Yea it's on my list of things to do as another passion project. Would be so fun to create and mastermind. The production part of it, probably not so much.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Thanks for sharing. I want a course to optimize for other than Google engines.
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Welcome to 2020, I wanted to add in a quick note about gratitude for the new year...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock