The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

MJ DeMarco, Do you like whether your book be published in our country?

D

Deleted69818

Greeting @MJ DeMarco.
As a matter of fact there is no copyright law here in Iran. so, your book publishing here will not have any financial feedback to you. but, maybe I can do a middle thing here, regards with translating and publishing it. please let me know if you have a positive view to this affair and we can talk about more details then.
best wishes

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Business 101:

1et9KF8.jpg

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Greeting @MJ DeMarco.
As a matter of fact there is no copyright law here in Iran. so, your book publishing here will not have any financial feedback to you. but, maybe I can do a middle thing here, regards with translating and publishing it. please let me know if you have a positive view to this affair and we can talk about more details then.
best wishes

What do you mean by no copyright law? Can you just start a business and call it “Netflix” or “Pepsi” and it’s 100% legal?

Also can you just openly sell counterfeit items or goods (fake brands etc)?

Surely that can’t be the official national policy???

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England

The US continually vetoes Iran's membership of the WTO so yes they can copy and distribute whatever they want. US citizens can copy any Iranian stuff they like and distribute too.

It's quite decent of him to ask if you think about it. :)

Dan

D

Deleted69818

What do you mean by no copyright law? Can you just start a business and call it “Netflix” or “Pepsi” and it’s 100% legal?

you went so far!
I meant that here is no " copyright law for the books and movies".
if you noticed, the only way that an author could get his benefit through publishing his books here, is to use a middle man. don't you think it is better in compare with not achieving anything at all?

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
D

Deleted69818

The US continually vetoes Iran's membership of the WTO so yes they can copy and distribute whatever they want. US citizens can copy any Iranian stuff they like and distribute too.

It's quite decent of him to ask if you think about it. :)

Dan
Although it isn't Ideal here but It is not that way you said. "they can copy whatever they want", this is such a comic statement...because many European companies have official branch in Iran, and you never can copy their products at all. even, private companies can not import their goods let alone copy their stuff.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
Wasn't talking about the UK or Europe.

MJ is an American author and US and Iran have no copyright agreement hence US films and books are routinely copied and distributed in Iran without any action from the authorities.

So it is not so much you can as in 'get on with it chaps', more of a you can as in 'no one is going to do anything.'

MJ certainly wont get a penny so I am assuming (never a great idea) you are proposing doing what you could do anyway but legitimately selling it and sharing the proceeds.

Is that closer the mark?

Dan

PS: Are you actually in Iran as you are on a US Forum and we could all write pretty derogatory things about Iran and The Regime and attach pictures which presumably could put you in a sticky situation

Nick.

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Apr 2, 2019
San Diego, CA

It is true, Iran is very lax on copyright laws. You can't explicitly copy the name, but here are some examples of Iranian businesses to give you an idea:

enhanced-buzz-orig-28312-1382540221-42.jpg

enhanced-buzz-orig-10205-1382543062-11.jpg
image.jpg

enhanced-buzz-11218-1382461751-5.jpg

If your looking for blatant copyright infringement, look in china. They knock off products and sell them in the streets and online with official names. Brand names like louis vuitton, Gucci, Apple, etc. But, legitimate business and manufacturing is done there as well.

Last edited:

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
I’d expect my translator to have a better understanding of the source language.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
It is true, Iran is very lax on copyright laws. You can't explicitly copy the name, but here are some examples of Iranian businesses to give you an idea:

image.jpg

If your looking for blatant copyright infringement, look in china. They knock off products and sell them in the streets and online with official names. Brand names like louis vuitton, Gucci, Apple, etc. But, legitimate business and manufacturing is done there as well.

The Quicklane Billionaire by MJ DeMacro

I can't wait to read the chapter on "control".

D

Deleted69818

Wasn't talking about the UK or Europe.

MJ is an American author and US and Iran have no copyright agreement hence US films and books are routinely copied and distributed in Iran without any action from the authorities.

So it is not so much you can as in 'get on with it chaps', more of a you can as in 'no one is going to do anything.'

MJ certainly wont get a penny so I am assuming (never a great idea) you are proposing doing what you could do anyway but legitimately selling it and sharing the proceeds.

Is that closer the mark?

Dan

PS: Are you actually in Iran as you are on a US Forum and we could all write pretty derogatory things about Iran and The Regime and attach pictures which presumably could put you in a sticky situation
a new culture has been started here...as actress nad actresses encourage people to buy original Media products.
numerous of Iranians who are living in Iran, are the members of US forums across the internet.

Sadik

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
Jan 26, 2017
Kolkata, India
Hi @Amaravil

If you are using Google translate, it's NOT working well. Your English isn't conveying properly what you want to say. This is ironic given that you are trying to offer a translating service.

There is a function in the forum called "Start Conversation" when you click on a user's name. Use that to talk privately with MJ whatever your offer is. I wouldn't get my hopes high though.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
@Amaravil -- thanks for the offer. However, I'm not interested in having my book published by anyone but a publisher who has BOTH experience translating books and publishing them in the target market.

I've been down this road before and it never turns out well. My company policy is as follows: Translation licenses are only sold to publishers with an existing book list and a track record in the target country.

Unless you've translated dozens of books before and have an extensive list of notable authors, then the answer is NO.

If you want permission to do it anyway (because of Iran's lackadaisical copyright laws) then, essentially you are asking me for permission to steal from me.

Hey, MJ, instead of breaking into your house to steal your stuff on any random day, I'd like to do it next Thursday 4pm, that cool?

No, it isn't cool.

D

Deleted69818

Hi @Amaravil

If you are using Google translate, it's NOT working well. Your English isn't conveying properly what you want to say. This is ironic given that you are trying to offer a translating service.

There is a function in the forum called "Start Conversation" when you click on a user's name. Use that to talk privately with MJ whatever your offer is. I wouldn't get my hopes high though.
I wouldn't translate the book myself, I would hire a translator.
don't you know that the "start conversation" function is disable for MJ ?!

D

Deleted69818

@Amaravil -- thanks for the offer. However, I'm not interested in having my book published by anyone but a publisher who has BOTH experience translating books and publishing them in the target market.

I've been down this road before and it never turns out well. My company policy is as follows: Translation licenses are only sold to publishers with an existing book list and a track record in the target country.

Unless you've translated dozens of books before and have an extensive list of notable authors, then the answer is NO.

If you want permission to do it anyway (because of Iran's lackadaisical copyright laws) then, essentially you are asking me for permission to steal from me.

Hey, MJ, instead of breaking into your house to steal your stuff on any random day, I'd like to do it next Thursday 4pm, that cool?

No, it isn't cool.
I understand you, I wouldn't translate it by myself, i would hire a translator. and also I would publish it through experienced publishers.
anyway, that was the only way which you could get your benefit through publishing your book here, to use a middleman.
I don't know why you used that stealing analogy, it was a bit offensive, as you see, I started this thread for the permission. maybe someday, someone translate and sell your book and you even will not aware of that. but as I am a member here , I had to tell you first regards with the morality.
wish you the best

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
anyway, that was the only way which you could get your benefit through publishing your book here, to use a middleman.

Yes, and the only "middleman" I would hire is a literary agency that has a list of authors they already represent. I'm not going to be someone's learning curve -- been there, done that. And it was a very costly lesson.

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia

image.jpg

I saw so many authorised apple reseller businesses in China I could not believe were genuine

Enock Nalumoso

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Apr 9, 2019

Like most 3world countries counterfeiting is not such a punishable crime so by saying no copyright law he actually means no policing unless you are going to foot the entire bill eg inspection court charges policing fees for your product or brand the companies you have mentioned are huge so they probably have a budget to afford this plus loyal customers who will report you coz your goods are sub per. Deep down I think you know what he meant

Schonox

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
May 25, 2019

No, it isn't cool.

I thought dis was America!!! :rofl:

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Let me, tell you, about this money making opportunity: says no one.

vjKfOYh.gif

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

Like most 3world countries counterfeiting is not such a punishable crime so by saying no copyright law he actually means no policing unless you are going to foot the entire bill eg inspection court charges policing fees for your product or brand the companies you have mentioned are huge so they probably have a budget to afford this plus loyal customers who will report you coz your goods are sub per. Deep down I think you know what he meant

Actually I thought Iran would have been much more strict. It’s not what I’d consider a third world country at all.

Epynok

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jun 20, 2023
Greeting @MJ DeMarco.
best wishes
The 'Swiftlane Thousandaire' by EmJay DeMacro

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!