The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Minimize Distractions While Working?

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Hello All,

I am curious if any of you have had to deal with minimising distractions while working at a computer, what are some tips you use to stay focused and prevent yourself from wasting time on youtube/facebook?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
These are what I have found to be helpful:

Turn off all notifications both on the PC and phone/tablet. Especially social media and email.

Have a set time once a day to deal with email unless it is a necessary part of your business (and then see how much of that you can delegate to others)

Use the Pomodoro method to keep focus and make sure you get adequate breaks away from the screen.

If you have staff or work from home tell people you are not to be disturbed between certain times.

Only have what you need open on your pc and available on your desk.

Remove any games/apps from your work computer that you find you open when you shouldn't.

Detach yourself from social media. I have one personal Instagram account with just 20 close friends and family members and I only check into that of an evening after I've 'down tools' for the day. I haven't posted on Facebook in years.

Write The One Thing in Momentum that you want to achieve that day (and if you use Todoist you can link both so your task list shows up on every new tab you open).

Use ear/headphones if you are in a noisy environment. This also has the added benefit of people being less inclined to bother you in an open office environment.

Put your phone on silent and screen all calls before answering.

Get in the office early so you can get 1-2 hours of uninterrupted focus first thing in the morning (in these two hours it is not difficult to achieve everything you would normally get done in a whole day in a busy office environment.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.