• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Minimize Distractions While Working?

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by TreyAllDay, Oct 29, 2018.

1. TreyAllDay

TreyAllDay Whatever it takes Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,532
    Hello All,

I am curious if any of you have had to deal with minimising distractions while working at a computer, what are some tips you use to stay focused and prevent yourself from wasting time on youtube/facebook?

Jeff Noel likes this.
  2. Davejemmolly

Davejemmolly Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,101
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    Xeon, Jeff Noel and TreyAllDay like this.
  3. RazorCut

RazorCut Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $26,908
    These are what I have found to be helpful:

Turn off all notifications both on the PC and phone/tablet. Especially social media and email.

Have a set time once a day to deal with email unless it is a necessary part of your business (and then see how much of that you can delegate to others)

Use the Pomodoro method to keep focus and make sure you get adequate breaks away from the screen.

If you have staff or work from home tell people you are not to be disturbed between certain times.

Only have what you need open on your pc and available on your desk.

Remove any games/apps from your work computer that you find you open when you shouldn't.

Detach yourself from social media. I have one personal Instagram account with just 20 close friends and family members and I only check into that of an evening after I've 'down tools' for the day. I haven't posted on Facebook in years.

Write The One Thing in Momentum that you want to achieve that day (and if you use Todoist you can link both so your task list shows up on every new tab you open).

Use ear/headphones if you are in a noisy environment. This also has the added benefit of people being less inclined to bother you in an open office environment.

Put your phone on silent and screen all calls before answering.

Get in the office early so you can get 1-2 hours of uninterrupted focus first thing in the morning (in these two hours it is not difficult to achieve everything you would normally get done in a whole day in a busy office environment.

Kruiser, Tommo and Neng Her like this.
  4. TonyStark

TonyStark I'm not dead yet Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $15,051
    I stand up and walk around every 15-20 minutes so I’m not lost in some Facebook/Reddit induced trance

Kruiser likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.