The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Military Brat Stumbling Through Academics

ChrisLeeHoskins

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Jan 24, 2022
Chantilly, VA
I've been a lurker on this forum since I got my hands on the copy of Millionaire Fastlane . I've been particularly inspired by @Sean Marshall post on starting a digital agency and @Champion Pomodoro's posts which helped me along my own entrepreneurial journey.

A little bit about myself: I come from a military family(Airforce). As you would expect, patriotism and a need to sacrifice for the greater good are there whether I like it or not.

I moved a lot, and I got to experience first-hand how American schooling fails its students. You would think that there are systems in place to ensure that a student trying to take algebra 2 requires algebra 1. Year by year, another knowledge gap would appear.

Unsurprisingly, I did terribly in my academics.

I try my best not to make any excuses and not play the blame game. In hindsight, there could have been several moments where I could have taken charge of my own life and hunkered down to catch up. I just didn't know any better.

As my academic problems grew, so did my negative outlook on the future.

I remember going to the school counselor when the hype for college was at its all-time high to figure out what my options are. Having a GPA of 1.6, she looked in disbelief and said, "you don't have any options, sorry." I felt utterly ashamed and embarrassed.

I did pull through and went to community college and then private school for Software Engineering. As much as I'd like to deny it, my GPA did reflect my lack of self-discipline, which didn't change as I pursued higher education.

Being out of college for a few years(I did graduate) and being 31 years old, I'm still riding the tail end of the collective decisions I made during high school. It's funny how we continue to live off the decisions we've made when we were teenagers. I still feel like a kid!

Thankfully, I've been able to understand that my journey was a journey. It doesn't have to define what's to come in the unpredictable future.

With that said, I'll be taking up the challenge of xxx post on starting a digital marketing agency(email marketing in eCommerce) over the next 90 days. To add the cherry-on-top of this long journey, crawling my way through my own perceived failures and self-hatred, I'll be documenting this whole process in another thread, so wish me luck!

I feel that it's important to note that I've been at this for a couple of years, with a few successes' in between. I've yet been able to create a consistent business out of it all, but I'm by no means starting from nothing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...