The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Military training instead of bodybuilding: Let's help each others!

Idea threads

ajakupi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jun 1, 2023
Croatia
I love gym. I've been going to the gym for the last 7 year and I am 21.

I watched this YT video because I am a fan of Will
I Barely Survived Counter Terrorism Training

and got Inspired.

I know nothing about military. I haven't experienced war or anything close to it. I never have fought even tho I've trained kickboxing. Only bad thing I've been thru is breakups and limits I have pushed on myself (big Goggins fan).

But I still believe that anybody (at least man) should know some basic military and training stuff.

I would love to create a thread for combining these two worlds (gym and military training) which I think we could all benefit from.

My goal with this thread is for people to give tips anything this topic related, share their week workout or even create one with these two worlds (gym + military) combined.

Now, I know in this video there are professional men, with all the necessary equipment who help Will train these kind of stuff but I wonder if we can brainstorm some ideas of how you can independently train them.

Or if someone has military background, can help guide us.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
I love gym. I've been going to the gym for the last 7 year and I am 21.

I watched this YT video because I am a fan of Will
I Barely Survived Counter Terrorism Training

and got Inspired.

I know nothing about military. I haven't experienced war or anything close to it. I never have fought even tho I've trained kickboxing. Only bad thing I've been thru is breakups and limits I have pushed on myself (big Goggins fan).

But I still believe that anybody (at least man) should know some basic military and training stuff.

I would love to create a thread for combining these two worlds (gym and military training) which I think we could all benefit from.

My goal with this thread is for people to give tips anything this topic related, share their week workout or even create one with these two worlds (gym + military) combined.

Now, I know in this video there are professional men, with all the necessary equipment who help Will train these kind of stuff but I wonder if we can brainstorm some ideas of how you can independently train them.

Or if someone has military background, can help guide us.
Military training is a niche field and requires more expensive gear.

On PT, military training is less comprehensive and professional than professional trainers with certs and goal-specific training.

The edge is more on the mental aspects, such as regimentation, obedience to orders, and teamwork/sacrifice.

Skill-wise, transferable to the civilian world is more on the security-related roles: rules of engagement, body search, use of handcuffs, interrogation, and questioning techniques. My role was military police and had a lot to do with these. My country has a mandatory service period of 2 years for males.

It depends on what your goal is and who the target customers are. I cannot imagine adults paying money to get a real "military experience," which is a somewhat jail-like experience in many aspects. You are stripped of your civilian rights, and if you don't obey, you get charged in military court.

But is is somewhat a good market fit to have wealthy parents who want their kids to get a "military experience" for whatever reasons they might have.

Caminsky

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Dec 27, 2022
Texas
Tactical fitness is a thing. Check out Mountain Tactical (Mission Direct Fitness Programming | Mountain Tactical Institute), SealFIT (Navy SEAL Fitness & Training Program | SEALFIT), and Soflete (SOFLETE).

For the "military experience," SealFIT does this to a degree (Navy SEAL Inspired 50 Hour Crucible Training Events | SEALFIT) as does Tim Kennedy (Sheepdog Response Course Overview).

In reality, if you want to "be prepared," then you should focus on the following:

1. Overall functional fitness (strength, endurance, speed, and agility).
2. Basic first aid and survival skills (many training options exist for this).
3. Firearms proficiency (go get actual training from a former LEO or military member).
4. Self-defense (Boxing and/or Muay Thai and Brazillian Jiu Jitsu is all most people need).

ajakupi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jun 1, 2023
Croatia
Tactical fitness is a thing. Check out Mountain Tactical (Mission Direct Fitness Programming | Mountain Tactical Institute), SealFIT (Navy SEAL Fitness & Training Program | SEALFIT), and Soflete (SOFLETE).

For the "military experience," SealFIT does this to a degree (Navy SEAL Inspired 50 Hour Crucible Training Events | SEALFIT) as does Tim Kennedy (Sheepdog Response Course Overview).

In reality, if you want to "be prepared," then you should focus on the following:

1. Overall functional fitness (strength, endurance, speed, and agility).
2. Basic first aid and survival skills (many training options exist for this).
3. Firearms proficiency (go get actual training from a former LEO or military member).
4. Self-defense (Boxing and/or Muay Thai and Brazillian Jiu Jitsu is all most people need).
Thank you for sharing the links.

Have you done tactical fitness before?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Caminsky

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Dec 27, 2022
Texas
Thank you for sharing the links.

Have you done tactical fitness before?
Yes. I still mess with my sandbag quite a bit (which is an excellent tool for building general strength). I'm not in a "high-speed" tactical career, so I don't necessarily see the need for training exactly like a SEAL would. I do want to get involved with a Search and Rescue organization near me.

I believe in preparedness, so I try to train in the above mentioned areas.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.