- Joined
- Mar 28, 2023
- Messages
- 26
Rep Bank
$295
$295
User Power: 158%
Fastlaners,
I am starting this as an execution thread. If you look at my profile, I started one back in March. I didn't stick with it though because I didn't know how to stick with things until recently. Now I am ready.
The purpose of this thread is to hold me accountable to documenting my journey. I have been slowly stacking habits, and think that this thread will be a great way to start a habit of journalling. What you can expect is large monthly updates, and shorter updates on Fridays.
Here is a bit of information to get you caught up on my journey. I returned to college 3 months ago with a singular focus in mind: create the life I have always wanted to live. My inspiration to do this comes mostly from a mission trip I went on to Tanzania. MJ has talked about this, but sometimes when you are really comfortable you need to shake your perspective. I did this by going to Africa for three weeks and came back with a new perspective. I could see the forest for the trees. I knew I wanted to live a more than ordinary life. When I returned to college I began stumbling on success. I started reading books, listening to podcasts, and stopped going out. I am right now, at 9:05 pm, on my couch on a Friday night writing a blog post. That's a big change. I continued reading and such until 10 days ago when I set my priorities straight. I am in a period of concentration right now, and plan to be for the next 30 days. After the 30 days are up I may loosen my focus, but will by no means stop.
My list of daily non-negotiables are
I will post a weekly update below this introductory post. Expect to see me develop a structure while I continue this thread. For now I just want to get something out there. I tend to prioritize PERFECT over DONE. I am working to change this.
I am starting this as an execution thread. If you look at my profile, I started one back in March. I didn't stick with it though because I didn't know how to stick with things until recently. Now I am ready.
The purpose of this thread is to hold me accountable to documenting my journey. I have been slowly stacking habits, and think that this thread will be a great way to start a habit of journalling. What you can expect is large monthly updates, and shorter updates on Fridays.
Here is a bit of information to get you caught up on my journey. I returned to college 3 months ago with a singular focus in mind: create the life I have always wanted to live. My inspiration to do this comes mostly from a mission trip I went on to Tanzania. MJ has talked about this, but sometimes when you are really comfortable you need to shake your perspective. I did this by going to Africa for three weeks and came back with a new perspective. I could see the forest for the trees. I knew I wanted to live a more than ordinary life. When I returned to college I began stumbling on success. I started reading books, listening to podcasts, and stopped going out. I am right now, at 9:05 pm, on my couch on a Friday night writing a blog post. That's a big change. I continued reading and such until 10 days ago when I set my priorities straight. I am in a period of concentration right now, and plan to be for the next 30 days. After the 30 days are up I may loosen my focus, but will by no means stop.
My list of daily non-negotiables are
- 99 minutes of web design in the mornings - 10 days done
- 60 min of reading - 9 days done
- 60 min of coding - 4 days done
- In bed before 9:30 - 4 days done
- No nicotine - 6 days done
I will post a weekly update below this introductory post. Expect to see me develop a structure while I continue this thread. For now I just want to get something out there. I tend to prioritize PERFECT over DONE. I am working to change this.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
